teddy000

I am really, really impatient now

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sweety10 believe me when i tell you that i understand your frustration. i am having one of those days today and i miss my honey. Yes this process is so hard, and crazy it is really hard to be positive at times but we all get through it. I know right now it is hard for you i have not seen my fiance in almost 2 years, and we have been on A/P for almost 8 months it is hard but i pray alot and i try to keep myself busy as much as possible the time will come sooner or later hopefully sooner when you will be reunited with your love don't worry hun you can vent here all you want we all understand what your going through. Never give up and stay strong you will be in my prayers. Everything will be okay i pray you hear something soon (F)

AJ1 (L)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sweety10, I know how you feel, too. But as I keep reading here (and seeing), some files get approvals with no touches at all. Just because a file is "touched" doesn't mean any substantive work on it is being done (for example, they may just move it from one pile to another, and scan it in the process). Your timeline indicates a June 2007 NOA1 date for your I-130. Given that the USCIS processing times say they are meeting their goal of 6 months on processing those, I think you'll be hearing from them soon.

However, trust me when I tell you this: Though I'm able to write all this reasonable stuff for you to not lose hope, my husband and I are at the end of our ropes, too. The length of this process is just horribly long and something should be changed so that families aren't kept apart for so long.

Hang in there! :thumbs:

I-130

7/02/07 - I-130 Sent

7/05/07 - NOA1 Rec'd Date

7/11/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

I-129F

7/16/07 - I-129F Sent

7/18/07 - I-129F Rec'd Date

7/20/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

1/17/08 - Sent to NVC

NVC

1/24/08 - Rec'd by NVC

1/25/08 - Sent to New Delhi Consulate

Delhi Consulate

1/29/08 - Rec'd by New Delhi Consulate

1/30/08 - Packet 3 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

2/14/08 - Submitted DS-230 & completed checklist to Delhi Consulate in person

2/25/08 - Packet 4 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

3/24/08 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
This wait it really frustrating. I thought I'd use this forum to vent out a bit. It's Nov3 and nothing has happened yet. They wont touch my file. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sorry about that.... what is your timeline????

:time:

You'll find my timeline on your left.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Sweety10, I know how you feel, too. But as I keep reading here (and seeing), some files get approvals with no touches at all. Just because a file is "touched" doesn't mean any substantive work on it is being done (for example, they may just move it from one pile to another, and scan it in the process). Your timeline indicates a June 2007 NOA1 date for your I-130. Given that the USCIS processing times say they are meeting their goal of 6 months on processing those, I think you'll be hearing from them soon.

However, trust me when I tell you this: Though I'm able to write all this reasonable stuff for you to not lose hope, my husband and I are at the end of our ropes, too. The length of this process is just horribly long and something should be changed so that families aren't kept apart for so long.

Hang in there! :thumbs:

I feel the same way.....Oscar and I filed with the VSC on June 5, 2007 and nothing......the silence is deafening.....no touches no nothing.......I came to this forum also to find solice in knowing that I am not alone.....so for 151 days we wait and I truly share the joy of those who have gotten approvals and I can feel our turn is coming.....PLEASE COME......and our life journey can begin again...this time not between countries and airports or webcam but the ability to open my eyes every morning and see the love of my life's face.........Keep the faith.....Lora

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Sweety10 believe me when i tell you that i understand your frustration. i am having one of those days today and i miss my honey. Yes this process is so hard, and crazy it is really hard to be positive at times but we all get through it. I know right now it is hard for you i have not seen my fiance in almost 2 years, and we have been on A/P for almost 8 months it is hard but i pray alot and i try to keep myself busy as much as possible the time will come sooner or later hopefully sooner when you will be reunited with your love don't worry hun you can vent here all you want we all understand what your going through. Never give up and stay strong you will be in my prayers. Everything will be okay i pray you hear something soon (F)

AJ1 (L)

Thank you, AJ1. Two years is a long time. I can feel for you and for everybody else who is dealing with this time-consuming process. My hubby keeps telling me to stay upbeat, which I try to do, but at times I cant stop myself from thinking about this wait which is dragging on and on. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I'll do the same for you and everybody else here.

I hope we'll all get thru' this difficult time soon! good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

AJ1 (L)

Thank you, AJ1. Two years is a long time. I can feel for you and for everybody else who is dealing with this time-consuming process. My hubby keeps telling me to stay upbeat, which I try to do, but at times I cant stop myself from thinking about this wait which is dragging on and on. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I'll do the same for you and everybody else here.

I hope we'll all get thru' this difficult time soon! good luck!

Your most welcome if you ever want to vent you can always pm me if you don't want to make a thread about it. We are all here to help each other and i understand your feelings. Don't worry everything wil work out.

AJ1 (F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The immigration process is a very long "waiting game". It gets us all down at times, even once we're reunited with our loved ones.

Patience is the most valuable asset through this process.

I hope you hear something soon and that you can move on to the next phase, which will bring you closer to your sweetie.

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Sweety, I've found that the only way to stay sane in this process is to keep your hopes up but also to keep your expectations low. The recent rush of K3 approvals looks like a good sign so here's hoping that your approval is coming soon :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Sweety, I've found that the only way to stay sane in this process is to keep your hopes up but also to keep your expectations low. The recent rush of K3 approvals looks like a good sign so here's hoping that your approval is coming soon :)

Ok all, new here so please forgive if under wrong area, but my husband and I got married here in Florida June 2007 = after gathering all paperwork , lawyer filed I129 I130 and K3 at the same time and it was sent to Texas on August 28th 07. Hubbie had to go back to the UK after marriage and then applied for a six month visa to come here and sort stuff, well we know how that went, STAMP DENIED - lol - strong ties to the USA so he cant even visit me for one day on my homeland. Right he has great job there, home, grown children and obligations to clear up. How strong are those ties?? His visit at the US EMBASSY in London went for about 2 minutes and he had 30 hours to get everything together. He might as well stayed home for that interview.

We did not want to lie and have him come back on a visa waiver and I guess we paid the price. Most lawyers told me, should have done it, but alas, we paid the price.

So now when I call USCIS which is about once a week to say hi whats going on, and since the money order has not been cleared yet, they are super sweet, however, sweet is not making it any eaiser. With all the forms in, does it take this long just to get as I am reading something called "touch" which i presume to be the file is entered into the system> USCIS say give them till November 28th to do something, what I dont know......

I am hearing so many of your heartaches but I really am at a loss for words, lawyer is good, says takes time, yes I know that, but if we are trying - I am so American, born and raised in California, does not matter what state does it, why oh why, do they seem to raise the price of applications and then not hire the peeps to proccess them in a timely manner?

Super frustrated with our system when I read about illegal immigrates getting certain rights, and yet as a native of the states, I cant even see my husband. Some ask me to go there and see him, and my response is so clear.....I cant bear to say good bye again. IM helps, six hours a day, but still the hurt, the heartbreak is the same as many..... he is my only family as everyone else is gone so thats even harder.

So question - I am thinking this application went to California to be processed , am i correct? I dont even want to ask my lawyer these questions because it seems that this forum has their act together and has a handle on time frames....sigh.........frustrated sorry all....venting

Any words of encourgment besides my husbands which are so strong, I feel like I am up against a brick wall in trying to see over it...............

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

strong ties to the USA so he cant even visit me for one day on my homeland. Right he has great job there, home, grown children and obligations to clear up. How strong are those ties??

We did not want to lie and have him come back on a visa waiver and I guess we paid the price. Most lawyers told me, should have done it, but alas, we paid the price.

Unfortunately, that is the risk to be taken when you go through the embassy. Visiting the States on the VWP is not lying when in this process. You have to answer all questions thruthfully and have to prove ties to home should you be asked to. I have been there several times and answered each time that I was vising my boyfriend/fiance/husband (whichever status applied at the time). I even truthfully said that the reason for my February visit was our wedding. It is allowed as long as you have the ties to home with you, should you be asked for them.

I feel really sorry for your husband not being able to visit you :(

So question - I am thinking this application went to California to be processed , am i correct? I dont even want to ask my lawyer these questions because it seems that this forum has their act together and has a handle on time frames....sigh.........frustrated sorry all....venting

Any words of encourgment besides my husbands which are so strong, I feel like I am up against a brick wall in trying to see over it...............

Yes, if you are currently residing in California, your application was probably passed to the CSC for processing (there is always the chance of USCIS throwing a curveball and sending it to the VSC).

Unfortunately, this is a very long process, much longer than I'd ever dreamed of when Josh and I started along this journey. From sending off the forms to receiving the K3 visa will take over 10 months at it's current rate :( Just remember why you are doing this and that there is an eventual end to the journey. As long as you're patient and set your expectations low, then this journey will be much more bareable :)

Best of luck to you :thumbs:

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Thanks hun your a doll...... No i live in Florida now and all of the forums were sent to Texas but from what I am reading on the fourm pages, looks like they are going to California. Problem with the US EMBASSY in London is that he showed all his proof of strong ties, but apparently someone that day was having a bad one and he got the brunt of it. As my hubbie would say, those gits.........and no never lie on any of these issues.....

Yes this marriage is worth the heartache and such, but I guess just never thought it would be such a horrible bittersweet memorie and when all is done and said and he is finally home here in the States then I will calm down lol.....otherwise I still lobby my congressmen and senator - cant hurt.....and I set goals, not dreams, but in order for one to set goals, they need a timeframe and that just isnt happening yet......yes I know patience, patience.........and more patience......

sighing but again thanks and cheers

xxxx

strong ties to the USA so he cant even visit me for one day on my homeland. Right he has great job there, home, grown children and obligations to clear up. How strong are those ties??

Unfortunately, that is the risk to be taken when you go through the embassy. Visiting the States on the VWP is not lying when in this process. You have to answer all questions thruthfully and have to prove ties to home should you be asked to. I have been there several times and answered each time that I was vising my boyfriend/fiance/husband (whichever status applied at the time). I even truthfully said that the reason for my February visit was our wedding. It is allowed as long as you have the ties to home with you, should you be asked for them.

I feel really sorry for your husband not being able to visit you :(

Yes, if you are currently residing in California, your application was probably passed to the CSC for processing (there is always the chance of USCIS throwing a curveball and sending it to the VSC).

Unfortunately, this is a very long process, much longer than I'd ever dreamed of when Josh and I started along this journey. From sending off the forms to receiving the K3 visa will take over 10 months at it's current rate :( Just remember why you are doing this and that there is an eventual end to the journey. As long as you're patient and set your expectations low, then this journey will be much more bareable :)

Best of luck to you :thumbs:

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
This wait it really frustrating. I thought I'd use this forum to vent out a bit. It's Nov3 and nothing has happened yet. They wont touch my file. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Best of luck, we have been waiting for 207 days today for USCIS to make their decision!

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

My Honey, it's terrible that there's still no word on your case :( You'd think with all the touches you've had that the correct person would have received it and approved it by now. I hope every day to see the words from you that you are approved. I have everything crossed for you and your hubby :)

CSC really need to get their act together :(

Btw, the picture in your signature is beautiful :)

Cheryl

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.