Lilith79

What does your family think?

20 posts in this topic

For us, family support on both sides has been really good. But then marrying someone from another country is not that unusual for my family. My mom is from the US, but my dad is from Sweden. They went through the visa process too 20 some years ago. I have a couple cousins who have married spouses from other countries as well.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

No issues in our case.

I think my family would have been more surprised if I was going to marry a fellow USC :jest:

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My kids told my parents, after we had been married about 4 months. Before that, they had seen just a few pictures of him and knew I was visiting monthly.

My mother is one of those worriers who bugs the crud out of you all the time with questions. The journey and waiting was so nerve wracking, I didn't want the added pressure from daily calls from her. They fell in love with Andre as soon as they met him. My dad welcomed him into the family by watching "Benny Hill" CD's with his new son-in-law, while he cleaned his gun, and Andre, God bless him, went along with it. Although, he did make me promise not to leave him alone with my dad anymore.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, I'm the USC, but neither my family nor my SO's are shocked. They are both very supportive. My SO's family lived America for 6 years and they love to travel, so we'll probably be seeing them once a year or so.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Having worked and been in India so many times, our families got used to the ideas of us being together. my wife family was a little bit reluctant, but once they got to know me, it wasn't a problem. The main issue is the same like everybody else out here, being so far away from their homeland, but at the same time being with their lifepartner. My wife is people person, everybody in my family loves her.

From my family side, Mom always say make sure you marry someone who loves you for who you are, then you never have to worry about anything else in the future, don't worry about race, colors, nationality as long as she's a GOOD PERSON. There was no Suprise,

My wife is from India

My little brother's wife is JamaicanMy 2nd brother's fiancee is Japanese.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.