C_y_K

No Vaccination Records

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey all,

We got our NOA2 and my fiancee is looking for her vaccination records. Sadly, she isn't able to locate them (although we will keep trying). Her records from her former doctor are also probably lost as well (he isn't practicing anymore and the practice is gone).

What happens if she doesn't have a record of her vaccinations for the medical interview? Should she redo her vaccinations before the interview? Once we are married she will be on my insurance and she can get them here too if we wish.

I read it's not required for the medical exam but from what I hear from others they want this at the medical exam. Anyone else have experience in something like this?

Thanks,

Charlie

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

Hey all,

We got our NOA2 and my fiancee is looking for her vaccination records. Sadly, she isn't able to locate them (although we will keep trying). Her records from her former doctor are also probably lost as well (he isn't practicing anymore and the practice is gone).

What happens if she doesn't have a record of her vaccinations for the medical interview? Should she redo her vaccinations before the interview? Once we are married she will be on my insurance and she can get them here too if we wish.

I read it's not required for the medical exam but from what I hear from others they want this at the medical exam. Anyone else have experience in something like this?

Thanks,

Charlie

Most vaccinations can actually wait until AOS, however its usually cheaper to have them done in the home country. They can test for some vaccinations, but otherwise they will simply redo them.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey all,

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie,

your fiancee can go to her family doctor and ask for a blood test to check her current immunisation status. Once she gets blood test results - she can see what vaccines she is missing and get them before medical. She will need to take those blood test results or a letter from her family doctor (listing all vaccinces she is ok with) to the medical. Consulate approved doctor will put that info on the vaccine supplement sheet and give her one copy. She will then need that copy when preparing to file for AOS.

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hey all,

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie,

your fiancee can go to her family doctor and ask for a blood test to check her current immunisation status. Once she gets blood test results - she can see what vaccines she is missing and get them before medical. She will need to take those blood test results or a letter from her family doctor (listing all vaccinces she is ok with) to the medical. Consulate approved doctor will put that info on the vaccine supplement sheet and give her one copy. She will then need that copy when preparing to file for AOS.

Vaccinations are not needed for K-1 as it is a non-immigrant visa. Need to be done for AOS though

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

So she can still come here without her vaccination record and we can get them all tested or redone here?

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Vaccinations are not needed for K-1 as it is a non-immigrant visa. Need to be done for AOS though

Rob & Jin,

while they are not NEEDED to have the K-1 approved and technically can be done after arrival in US... it's up to every couple to decide where and when to complete that requirement in getting ready for AOS.

However... it is suggested all over VJ, backed up by experience of many, that you do them in home country, in time for medical because it can prove very helpful. It can save time and money.

Most of us are "in a hurry" to get here, to start working, to get the Green Card asap and get on with our lives. When you arrive... it depends how soon you get married, how many vaccines you need, how long it will take you to complete the shots, how much it will cost you to do it all here - given that you might not have a health insurance until after marriage.

The thing is... if done in home country - it can be less expensive (or free) and it's all done while waiting anyway... so it's multiple savings :)

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
So she can still come here without her vaccination record and we can get them all tested or redone here?

Yes you can, its up to you, some get them before they come some dont. But its not a requirement, just a matter of cost and conveniance that many get them before.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Be careful with this. I think that the answer varies with the embassy.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Be careful with this. I think that the answer varies with the embassy.

Although, it states vaccinations are not required for K1, until AOS. It is true, the answer varies with the embassy. My husband was required to get them before the interview, per the embassys instructions. That is in Ghana though. Becareful, if she has to get them there, make sure she tries real hard to get a copy of the vaccination worksheet(and keeps that herself for AOS, not to turn in at interview), has to be signed by a civil surgeon, for AOS purposes. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

The civil surgeon my husband went to in Ghana, would not give him the form and so that caused a bit of problems when we wanted to get one here in the US for AOS. All of the doctors I called claimed they could not sign the I-693A without perfoming the whole medical exam again. So anyway if she wants to get them there just try to get that form signed, if it were me, I'd bring the form with me to the doctor and insist I need it filled out. I wish you the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.