dadiss

Sending I-129 Form before receiving the I130 Receipt? (Vermont Center)

43 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

It’s getting very annoying to wait until Friday when the USCIS update there processing time to find no change. It’s been 5 weeks since Vermont has made any progress in the I-130 form.

I am becoming very impatient waiting for the I-130 Receipt, so my question is this:

Does anyone knows what will happened if I send the I-129F form without waiting for the I-130 receipt and send the Postal delivery proof instead as proof of I130 submission ?

Will this create any confusion or delay the process or just won’t heart to try?

Thanks for any one who can help with this question and good luck for all VJ user waiting to join their lovers

Abdou

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I agree with you. With me, it has been the same case, except longer with the VSC. I sent mine in the 3rd week of August. VSC is simply ridiculous! Almost "8 weeks" to OPEN an envelope!!! Forget the rest of the process.

I think we need the Receipt Number or we should have sent them in ( I 130 and I 129 ) at the same time in same envelope, as some VJ members have said that is now acceptable at USCIS. I WISH I KNEW that back in August.

If you talk to USCIS and they say something can be done, please share with the rest of us.

Best of Luck and Patience.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello,,

we were in your shoes once... been 50 days before we have received the NOA1 from the I130... i know that its hard to wait for that long knowing that we still need to send the other packet... but i suggest its better to have the receipt number from the i130 before sending the I129F... its either u can print it from online (the NOtice) if your check have cleared already... and a copy of the check which has cleared if you cant wait for the NOA1...

could have been better if both packet were sent at the same time.. but that wasnt the case... so i guess... we have to have more patience and wait a little more...

wish you all the best... and more patience with USCIS... what matters most is you have sent the packet! and your on ur way to this Visa Journey!

there's no way but to get where you wanna go... just hang on... we all are!!

july052007

"do what it takes..." by A&G

para sa karagdagang larawan at mga detalye ng aming paglalakbay...

My IMMIGRATION, POE, CFO and INTERVIEW Experience

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

it waits, it persists, and lingers forever...

K3 VISA

California Service Center - Texas Service Center - Manila US Embassy

August 2007 - filed I130

September 2007 - filed I129F

April 24, 2008 - interview and VISA APPROVED!

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

May 03, 2008 - flew to US to be with stinky love...

July 22, 2008 - Sent AOS Package to CHICAGO Lockbox

July 24, 2008 - received package

July 29, 2008 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Aug 01, 2008 - Touched....

Oct 01, 2008 - Received EAD

still waiting on AOS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

It’s getting very annoying to wait until Friday when the USCIS update there processing time to find no change. It’s been 5 weeks since Vermont has made any progress in the I-130 form.

I am becoming very impatient waiting for the I-130 Receipt, so my question is this:

Does anyone knows what will happened if I send the I-129F form without waiting for the I-130 receipt and send the Postal delivery proof instead as proof of I130 submission ?

Will this create any confusion or delay the process or just won’t heart to try?

Thanks for any one who can help with this question and good luck for all VJ user waiting to join their lovers

Abdou

Since you didn't take advantage of sending the two petitions together, I suggest you send as proof, a copy of your cancelled check for the fee I-130 payment as proof of filing.

That said, are you sure you really want to file that I-129F and get stuck with the K3 route? Your spouse will arrive without work authorization or a green card and you'll have to file AOS with its new $1010 fee. We must have three or more new threads on this subject every week. Have you been following along?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I think the K-3 Route is still a few months faster than the CR-1 Route. To me and my wife, those few months are worth a lot. The $1000 is a significant amount but that really is not a factor to me with all things considered.

I am sure like everyone else, I want to start my married life as soon as possible. AOS, Greencard etc can soon follow but at least she can start adjusting to the US and we can both start our lives together. Most likely, my wife will not work at least for 4-6 month as she adjusts to a whole new environment.

Regards

Timeline
I think the K-3 Route is still a few months faster than the CR-1 Route. To me and my wife, those few months are worth a lot. The $1000 is a significant amount but that really is not a factor to me with all things considered.

I am sure like everyone else, I want to start my married life as soon as possible. AOS, Greencard etc can soon follow but at least she can start adjusting to the US and we can both start our lives together. Most likely, my wife will not work at least for 4-6 month as she adjusts to a whole new environment.

Regards

I expect at least nearly everyone wants to start their married life together as soon as possible but even many of them have a high priority on the foreign spouse working soon after arrival. Others are on limited budgets. For some countries the gap between CR/IR and K visa timelines is as little as 2 months, on average. For others it is much longer. That's why I say carefully consider rather than saying one thing is better than another.

I also want people to know that the two horses in the race, so pick the winner, is no longer the way things work.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm not happy.

I got a lawyer, showed him the USCIS posted notice that says you can send I129F with I130.

But he sent only the I130 and waited for the notice, and THEN sent me the I129F to mail in to CSC.

I was insisting they be sent together and used his computer to show him the USCIS notice.

So it was sent 8-8-07 and it may be 10-16-07 before they get our I129F... 2 extra months.

I wrote "consular filing requested" across the top of our I130. Will it still be dual track? Is there a benefit to filing the I130 this way and then the I129F after the notice?

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline
I'm not happy.

I got a lawyer, showed him the USCIS posted notice that says you can send I129F with I130.

But he sent only the I130 and waited for the notice, and THEN sent me the I129F to mail in to CSC.

I was insisting they be sent together and used his computer to show him the USCIS notice.

So it was sent 8-8-07 and it may be 10-16-07 before they get our I129F... 2 extra months.

I wrote "consular filing requested" across the top of our I130. Will it still be dual track? Is there a benefit to filing the I130 this way and then the I129F after the notice?

Well, the notice says to clearly request "Consular Processing" but maybe they'll understand. If so, you'll may be the first to report success. Please keep us posted.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm not happy.

Well, the notice says to clearly request "Consular Processing" but maybe they'll understand. If so, you'll may be the first to report success. Please keep us posted.

But as our petitions were seperated by our lawyer until after NOA1 for I130 came, it seems like past practice will be used. The exception may be the concurrent processing instead of I129F storage, or extra fee to pay for dual processing. But I'm not clear, have others had their I130 sat on until after the I129f lately?

Looks like April for her I129F and May/June for the I130. I better change my timeline and sig!

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline
I'm not happy.

But as our petitions were seperated by our lawyer until after NOA1 for I130 came, it seems like past practice will be used. The exception may be the concurrent processing instead of I129F storage, or extra fee to pay for dual processing. But I'm not clear, have others had their I130 sat on until after the I129f lately?

Looks like April for her I129F and May/June for the I130. I better change my timeline and sig!

You still have things backward and sideways. Please read the new policy again carefully. The two petitions will end up together and be approved together. If anything is held, it would be the I-130, not the I-129F.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Ding,

Can you post the official link where it says that..........both can be filed together. No use to me now but I can put it front of my lawyer so at least she can have someone else benefit in future.

Thanks

There is no link to a policy that says they can be filed together, officially. This is the link regarding direct filing.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

Since both petitions now go to the same place instead of different service centers and you only need proof of filing one to file the other, it follows that filing them together is proof of filing the I-130.

The proof is in the reports of successful filings with both petitions together. A member actually reported USCIS suggested this on the phone. Since then several have done so successfully.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Timeline

Okay, here's what you need to do. If you filed your I-130 at Vermont and you will file your I-129f at Vermont also -- same service center for both applications, the rules state to send in "evidence" of having filed I-130. I sent in a copy of our return receipt (green card) from post office and a copy of the check that we sent with I-130 (doesn't have to be cancelled check) with a letter stating that we are sending in these documents as "evidence" because our check has not been cancelled and we haven't received our NOA1 for the I-130.

We filed the I-129f on September 13, it was received by them on September 16, we received our NOA1 on September 18 and it states "pursuant to your request, we have waived the fee."

So we are now almost 3 months ahead of the game since we are still waiting for the NOA1 for the I-130 which was received by them on August 15.

For those of you who question this technique, go back and read the rules. The only time they say to send in the 797 (Notice of Action) is where they talk about the mailing address for the I-129f or the address on the 797. It does not say that the "evidence" has to be the NOA1 from the I-130.

Timeline
Okay, here's what you need to do. If you filed your I-130 at Vermont and you will file your I-129f at Vermont also -- same service center for both applications, the rules state to send in "evidence" of having filed I-130. I sent in a copy of our return receipt (green card) from post office and a copy of the check that we sent with I-130 (doesn't have to be cancelled check) with a letter stating that we are sending in these documents as "evidence" because our check has not been cancelled and we haven't received our NOA1 for the I-130.

We filed the I-129f on September 13, it was received by them on September 16, we received our NOA1 on September 18 and it states "pursuant to your request, we have waived the fee."

So we are now almost 3 months ahead of the game since we are still waiting for the NOA1 for the I-130 which was received by them on August 15.

For those of you who question this technique, go back and read the rules. The only time they say to send in the 797 (Notice of Action) is where they talk about the mailing address for the I-129f or the address on the 797. It does not say that the "evidence" has to be the NOA1 from the I-130.

I am glad you received your NOA1 for 129F, but I called USCIS to confirm if I can do this and they said although I will get NOA1 for 129F I might have two cases open and she recommended against it and asked me to wait instead. Again, I am not an expert I am not really sure who is right and what is faster, but I figured I should share this since I called USCIS with same exact question. I am going to wait I feel like I am almost there why mess up now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.