Nicola&Matthew

Squash??? Can we buy it anywhere???

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any shops out there that sell squash (UK-er's will be familiar with the term lol). For non-UK-er's squash is like a cordial, where you dilute the syrup with water to drink. We've been buying things like crystal light etc but it's just not the same! Has anyone been able to buy squash from a store over here???

Thanks

Nicola

yes! Krogers have it in the international sections now.

its Ribena brand its about 6.00

there are other products Krogers carry to.

also try albertsons.

shon.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think each local Kroger is different. I've never seen such a thing in mine (and yes, I've looked!).

Most grocery store managers will take such requests and may even keep the item in stock if they know you'll be a regular customer. So that's an option too. (I used to work at Kroger so I'll definitely be pulling some favors for things like that when Chas gets here full time. ;)

SA4userbar.jpg

Squash actually comes in a powdered form here....took me months to realise, but its in short dumpy containers. Country something is one manufacturer.....add 2 table spoons to a glass of water and hey..you have lemon/orange squash :)

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
Squash actually comes in a powdered form here....took me months to realise, but its in short dumpy containers. Country something is one manufacturer.....add 2 table spoons to a glass of water and hey..you have lemon/orange squash :)

Are you talking about maybe Country Time? They do mostly lemonade..not sure if they do any other flavors. Or for you Brits, flavOurs. ;) ;) :) PS...Craig really misses squash too!! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Are you talking about maybe Country Time? They do mostly lemonade..not sure if they do any other flavors. Or for you Brits, flavOurs. ;) ;) :) PS...Craig really misses squash too!! :) M.

Yup thats it :).....but ive also seen other brands on the same shelf ......it tastes exactly like lemon and orange squash did back in the UK :)

Edited by Fatalis

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Krogers have it I have seen it on the shelf at rockwall in the british section along with other treats that I miss and love..

I've reached that realistic age where I have to choose between having fun and a heart attack :)

:star: UPDATE :star:

No squash in liquid form found anywhere as yet, however the search continues.........

In the mean time, Target has a great "own brand" cool aid/crystal light/country life etc lemonade, raspberry iced tea and raspberry lemonade for only $1.77 per tub (loads cheaper than the previously mentioned brands!)

I'm feeling a lot more reassured that i'm not the only person who is missing that sugary syrup we fondly call squash! :lol:

Nicola

-10/02/06 The beginning of the rest of our lives together!!!

-11/03/06 Our wedding day!!!

AOS Timeline

-03/05/06 NOA 1 For AOS, EAD & AP

-13/05/06 All applications touched

-05/06/06 Letter recieved from USCIS Appointment date set for Biometrics

-21/06/06 Biometrics apptointment

-24/06/06 EAD and AOS Touched

-29/06/06 AP e-mail approval

-02/07/06 EAD Touched

-03/07/06 EAD e-mail approval (61 days)

-08/07/06 Recived AP doccuments

-10/07/06 EAD Arrives!!! Hooray

-15/07/06 USCIS letter recieved for AOS interview date

-22/08/06 AOS interview

-22/08/06 AOS Approved at interview (111 days)

-22/08/06 E-mails from USCIS Confirming AOS approval

-02/09/06 Condtional green card recieved in the mail!!!

-28/05/08 Mailed I-175 Petition to remove conditions

-02/06/08 Application recieved at CA!

-27/06/08 Biometrics

-15/08/08 Green Card recieved, good till 2018!!!

Note: Dates are in UK format because I'm (still) stubborn!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You know what i really miss is cottees cordials and milo and the quick here has so many vitimans in it im not sure if i want to put it in my system i might just jump out of my skin.... :D:lol::lol:

I've reached that realistic age where I have to choose between having fun and a heart attack :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.