8 posts in this topic

Hi VJer's

:dance:

i just want to let you know that i got a CR-1 visa on my Passport , so the big step has been done :dance:

now im preparing myself to travel

i cannot beleive myself, i have a VISA to the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are some questions for the professional VJER's about my visa

it has a statement in the Annotation section saying:

"upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year"

could any one plz tell me what is this and why and what is the I-551

is that means they wouldn't issue me a Green Card immediately

another thing ; visa's officer gave me an envelop telling me to give it to the immigartion officer at the airport

and he told me not to open it nor pack it but hand it as a carryON on the plan.

could anyone tell me what kind of documents that envelop covers.

the third question is what about the employment authorization , i.e. am i authorized to work once the immigration officer stamp my passport or what , plz guys tell me what would be the next step.

as in the states what kind of proofs should i carry with me , if for example a police officer stopped me at the street . is it my passport would be that document to indicate legal residency.

the other part of this topic is about arriving at the POE( might be JFK airport); :crying:

could you guys tell me about the POE from A to Z

such as which gate i a have to go through then which officer and how long it takes the officer to enter all data about me and let me go , after that where to go is that the last step at the airport so i can find the connecting flight .

if you want and for sharing our experiences , why not creating a new topic Naming as " POE from A to Z "

sorry for many questions but really i need answers just to make everything perfect . :thumbs:

thanks again for the HUGE website ,it is really a reference for alot of people , stories here helped me so much

thank you guys for patience and cooperation

congratulation to all of you who finished theire visas

and GOOD LUCK TO THE REST AND I WOULD LIKE TO WHISPER "JUST GO OOON" AND REMEMBER THAT

"PREPARING YOURSELF IS 2/3 OF THE STEP, SO WORK HARD ON YOUR DOCUMENTS AND READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, IF FURTHER NEEDED JUST RISE THIS FLAG :help: AND ASK,,,, GOOD LUCK "

Rami

Congrats! Everything sounds in order! :) That is what your visa is supposed to say, and when it's stamps, it acts as a temporary green card. The actual green card will come in the mail to the address you put on the DS-230 Part I. It normally takes a few weeks after you enter the US on the visa.

You will be authorised to work asap, but most employers will want your SSN first. If you checked the box on the DS-230 Part II that you wanted them to arrange the SSN for you, it should only take a few weeks as well. If you don't have it after two weeks of arriving, you can go into a SS office and inquire about it.

The envelope has all the information about your case. Seriously do not open it. If the officer at your POE thinks it's been opened or tampered with, you'll have a problem. There's nothing weird in there though. :)

Yep, when in the US before you get the green card in the mail, carrying your passport with your stamped I-551 is proof of your legal residence.

I'm sorry I can't remember where they are on the site but there are POE reviews with detailed info for different locations.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Congrats! Everything sounds in order! :) That is what your visa is supposed to say, and when it's stamps, it acts as a temporary green card. The actual green card will come in the mail to the address you put on the DS-230 Part I. It normally takes a few weeks after you enter the US on the visa.

You will be authorised to work asap, but most employers will want your SSN first. If you checked the box on the DS-230 Part II that you wanted them to arrange the SSN for you, it should only take a few weeks as well. If you don't have it after two weeks of arriving, you can go into a SS office and inquire about it.

The envelope has all the information about your case. Seriously do not open it. If the officer at your POE thinks it's been opened or tampered with, you'll have a problem. There's nothing weird in there though. :)

Yep, when in the US before you get the green card in the mail, carrying your passport with your stamped I-551 is proof of your legal residence.

I'm sorry I can't remember where they are on the site but there are POE reviews with detailed info for different locations.

MargotDarko you are a nice friend, thanks alot for the info

im exploring this website to learn about POE reviews

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

Here is the link for POE reveiews: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.