visceral image

Joining the wait for K1 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all my friends in the Russian forum and all folks on VJ

I have officially joined the wait for a K1 visa; we mailed our application (all two inches of it) to Vermont today via FedEx.

I will be watching for approvals for many others because I know as they get approved, my waiting time will be decreased. I wish all of us a fast approval.

:dance:

October 01, 2007 Package mailed to Vermont

October 02, 2007 Package delivered to Vermont at 10:06 by FedEx

October 03, 2007 NOA1 Notice Date

October 07, 2007 Touched

October 09, 2007 NOA1 Snail Mail

October 11, 2007 Check Cashed

October 23, 2007 Touched, suspect because of change of address by Petitioner

October 24, 2007 Touched again, no idea why

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 11, 2008 Touched again

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

Congrats on getting that sucker mailed out. Feels good, doesn't it?

Now you can breath a little sigh of relief. You're done for a while... and the ball is rolling! Good luck on a fast approval!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Congrats on getting that sucker mailed out. Feels good, doesn't it?

Now you can breath a little sigh of relief. You're done for a while... and the ball is rolling! Good luck on a fast approval!!!

Yes, it is a relief to mail it but now the real wait begins. At least I can have a few days of good anticipation waiting for the package to be received from FedEx, the NOA1, the check to be cashed, receipt of the hard copy of the NOA1 then the long wait for the NOA2

Here is hoping VSC goes into overdrive and get back on schedule; even picksup the pace and gets back to doing K1 approvalsin 90 days or less.

October 07, 2007 Touched

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

Timeline
Congratulations on taking this huge step!

Now...assume the Lotus position and breeeeeaaaaaatthhheee!!! You're going to need it! ;)

I thought everyone else was holding their breath, good to know it is okay to breeeeeth

October 07, 2007 Touched

January 10, 2008 Touched

Timeline

From me and my Alla to you and yours, that's great! Now get in the back of the line! JUST JOKING! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Congratulations and we all hope you have a speedy journey. I have a feeling as the glut of applications to beat the fee increase get processed VT will speed up a bit and I hope yours gets through with all the speed possible.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
Congratulations and we all hope you have a speedy journey. I have a feeling as the glut of applications to beat the fee increase get processed VT will speed up a bit and I hope yours gets through with all the speed possible.

Turbo, I was thinking the same but they first need to get the old stuff processed, currently they seems to be processing nothing for I-129F

October 07, 2007 Touched

January 10, 2008 Touched

Well, now you just get to play the waiting game. All of us that have been through the wait understand and wish you much speed and happiness. When you get the NOA1 be sure to sign up for email notification at the USCIS web site. Then, you can just start making preparations for her arrival. I used the time to repaint most of the inside of my home and tried to get some things I knew she would need, like hair blower, various things that a lady will need and anything else I could think of that would make her feel more at home. You might also try to locate some stores that carry Russian goods as it will help her feel good about finding products she recognizes. It will also give you the opportunity to find which stores carry fresher products.

By keeping yourself busy the time can go by very quickly. Remember to respond to any RFE's (Request for Evidence) as quickly as possible. You don't want anything slowing down an already slow process. I'd say that 2008 will be a good year for you.

Gooo Luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.