Jigi

Buying Small Car in America?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband just had to purchase a car and we had limited finances because he isn't working yet and has no credit history... while he was hoping to pay for the car outright, we didn't have enough money to do that. So we were able to get a small loan from a relative and found a really nice 1990 Honda Civic EX for about $7000. It is in beautiful condition, so we are both happy with it. I know that Honda Civics run forever and have great gas mileage as I have had two... one I drove for 13 yrs and my current one that I bought new in 1999 and have driven the wheels off of it. I have had one maintenance issue with it that was outside of the regular upkeep of a car.

If you are looking for dependable transportation, look for Honda or Toyota. If you are looking for something short term and cheap, Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Chrysler... I don't consider them dependable transportation though.

Good luck with the car shopping... but I would honestly not expect to find anything decent under $6000.

I really hope that is a typo somehow... $7000 is too much unless its been completely rebuilt....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
My husband just had to purchase a car and we had limited finances because he isn't working yet and has no credit history... while he was hoping to pay for the car outright, we didn't have enough money to do that. So we were able to get a small loan from a relative and found a really nice 1990 Honda Civic EX for about $7000. It is in beautiful condition, so we are both happy with it. I know that Honda Civics run forever and have great gas mileage as I have had two... one I drove for 13 yrs and my current one that I bought new in 1999 and have driven the wheels off of it. I have had one maintenance issue with it that was outside of the regular upkeep of a car.

If you are looking for dependable transportation, look for Honda or Toyota. If you are looking for something short term and cheap, Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Chrysler... I don't consider them dependable transportation though.

Good luck with the car shopping... but I would honestly not expect to find anything decent under $6000.

I really hope that is a typo somehow... $7000 is too much unless its been completely rebuilt....

Yeah, I hope so too.

Old Hyundais are not dependable. They revamped their line a few years back though, and my Hyundai is one of the most reliable cars I've had.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

I have a couple of different thoughts on the used car issue..

For a start, yes there is no contest that older Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans cannot be killed by conventional methods - low maintenance, relatively good fuel economy.. however, given current gas prices, lots of people are looking for these vehicles, so you'll have to look hard to find a reasonably priced one.

I remain to be convinced about the newer, Korean cars, but to be honest I've never driven one (apart from when I recently hired a Chevy Kalos in England - the gearbox felt like it was made of Lego, no - in fact I wouldn't have been so afraid of it coming off in my hand if it had been made of Lego). I hear Hyundais are pretty good.

However, please do not write off used American/Canadian made vehicles!

In my experience they are extremely reliable and cheap to maintain. My wife has had a succession of Oldsmobiles and currently has a Chrysler LHS - they never fail to start, even in the middle of punishing Illinois winters. They are also cheap for parts, and will keep on going and going if you maintain them well. Of course you are not going to get as good gas mileage as some smaller cars, but don't be decieved simply by fuel economy figures - gas mileage has a lot to do with other factors such as driving style, too. Why not consider something like an older Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable - excellent cars and very common used?

When the time comes for me to find myself some wheels I will be setting myself a starting budget of about $3000. You're not going to get a lot for under that amount (in contrast to England, where you can find plenty of excellent bargains for under £1000). I will be looking for Fords, Mercurys, Chryslers, Oldsmobiles (who knows, I even saw a gorgeous 94 Caddy a few days ago for $3800 with only 90,000 miles..).

Remember also that the internet is not the only method for searching for used cars - some of the best bargains (vehicles belonging to elderly owners, for example) will appear in local papers and other publications.

Make sure that you at least know what potential problems you're looking for in a used car if you go to view any, that way, the seller will hopefully not leave you saddled with a turkey!

Look for (among other things):

- Above average mileage for its age (figure on 12-15k per year as a rough average)

- Check around windows and suchlike for overspray - evidence that the vehicle has been resprayed

- Check all around for rust

- Check body panel alignement for evidence of crash damage

- Look under the vehicle for evidence of leaks

- Check the tire pressures and tread wear

- Press down on the vehicle to test the shocks

- Check that the condition of the interior matches that of the exterior

- Check under the hood - look at the belts, are they worn?

- Is the air filter very dirty (evidence of lack of maintainance)?

- Is the oil level normal (if not, the engine may leak or burn oil)

Hope this helps!!

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Timeline
I have a couple of different thoughts on the used car issue..

For a start, yes there is no contest that older Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans cannot be killed by conventional methods - low maintenance, relatively good fuel economy.. however, given current gas prices, lots of people are looking for these vehicles, so you'll have to look hard to find a reasonably priced one.

I remain to be convinced about the newer, Korean cars, but to be honest I've never driven one (apart from when I recently hired a Chevy Kalos in England - the gearbox felt like it was made of Lego, no - in fact I wouldn't have been so afraid of it coming off in my hand if it had been made of Lego). I hear Hyundais are pretty good.

However, please do not write off used American/Canadian made vehicles!

In my experience they are extremely reliable and cheap to maintain. My wife has had a succession of Oldsmobiles and currently has a Chrysler LHS - they never fail to start, even in the middle of punishing Illinois winters. They are also cheap for parts, and will keep on going and going if you maintain them well. Of course you are not going to get as good gas mileage as some smaller cars, but don't be decieved simply by fuel economy figures - gas mileage has a lot to do with other factors such as driving style, too. Why not consider something like an older Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable - excellent cars and very common used?

When the time comes for me to find myself some wheels I will be setting myself a starting budget of about $3000. You're not going to get a lot for under that amount (in contrast to England, where you can find plenty of excellent bargains for under £1000). I will be looking for Fords, Mercurys, Chryslers, Oldsmobiles (who knows, I even saw a gorgeous 94 Caddy a few days ago for $3800 with only 90,000 miles..).

Remember also that the internet is not the only method for searching for used cars - some of the best bargains (vehicles belonging to elderly owners, for example) will appear in local papers and other publications.

Make sure that you at least know what potential problems you're looking for in a used car if you go to view any, that way, the seller will hopefully not leave you saddled with a turkey!

Look for (among other things):

- Above average mileage for its age (figure on 12-15k per year as a rough average)

- Check around windows and suchlike for overspray - evidence that the vehicle has been resprayed

- Check all around for rust

- Check body panel alignement for evidence of crash damage

- Look under the vehicle for evidence of leaks

- Check the tire pressures and tread wear

- Press down on the vehicle to test the shocks

- Check that the condition of the interior matches that of the exterior

- Check under the hood - look at the belts, are they worn?

- Is the air filter very dirty (evidence of lack of maintainance)?

- Is the oil level normal (if not, the engine may leak or burn oil)

Hope this helps!!

Maybe it's just bad luck, but I want nothing to do with Dodge or Chrysler - every single one of them my family has owned has cost us more than it was really worth, and even when we rented a car and got a Dodge - we had to return it within an hour to to tire and transmission issues, and then the Chrysler they gave us kept shutting off randomly in the middle of downtown Miami. And that was just a two day rental...

other American cars like Ford and Mercury I do trust, but I just can't trust Dodge or Chrysler (but YMMV and it's just my two cents :D)

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Old Hyundais are not dependable. They revamped their line a few years back though, and my Hyundai is one of the most reliable cars I've had.
I do remember owning a 1986 Hyundai Pony (sold in Canada but not in US 1984-1987) when I lived in Calgary (bought new for C$7,500 and sold to a neighbour in 1994 for C$1,000).

Due to ultra-simple design, this model actually proved to be highly reliable.

(admittedly, I never took it south of the border; my neighbour has however--to Idaho. But I can safely say it has NOT been anywhere with common over-90oF temps, so I have no idea how the engine would have fared under those conditions; also admittedly, it would have been decidedly uncomfy under such temps due to having no A/C).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
I do remember owning a 1986 Hyundai Pony (sold in Canada but not in US 1984-1987) when I lived in Calgary (bought new for C$7,500 and sold to a neighbour in 1994 for C$1,000).

Due to ultra-simple design, this model actually proved to be highly reliable.

(admittedly, I never took it south of the border; my neighbour has however--to Idaho. But I can safely say it has NOT been anywhere with common over-90oF temps, so I have no idea how the engine would have fared under those conditions; also admittedly, it would have been decidedly uncomfy under such temps due to having no A/C).

Oh wow. I'd only heard bad things about the older models (and my husband is convinced that because the accent he had in 2000 totaled when he got into an accident, they're ####### - I told him that's what happens with a small car when you're going 90 miles an hour...) - but I know mine is sturdy as hell. A few people I know with Elantras have had issues with weak struts, but I got into an accident and they thought I might have a strut issue, but they were fine even after having a Bronco hit right where it could have damaged them...

And my Elantra drives well in the snow - v. important when I lived up north :)

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Whoops! That is a typo... his car is a 2000. I just looked it up on the Kelly Blue Book site and it is priced at $6720, so we got it at pretty much the actual cost. And while I kind of think that is expensive for a 7 yr old used car... I know that Hondas keep their value and hold up for a loooooong time, which is why I bought mine new.

But check out www.kbb.com they will tell you the value of the car you have or are looking at. It is a great tool to use when shopping for a car!

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey

helllo guys...thanks for jotting down your views, expereinces an do's and dont's personally this has been very much helpful for me and i will be keeping all of the stuff in mind.. Just pray to god i get my visa soon and a job then soon ... to get myself my car

And I am sure any one reading this complete thread will get lot of Info.

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Whoops! That is a typo... his car is a 2000. I just looked it up on the Kelly Blue Book site and it is priced at $6720, so we got it at pretty much the actual cost. And while I kind of think that is expensive for a 7 yr old used car... I know that Hondas keep their value and hold up for a loooooong time, which is why I bought mine new.

But check out www.kbb.com they will tell you the value of the car you have or are looking at. It is a great tool to use when shopping for a car!

Maybe I'm silly, but I'm really glad you replied and cleared this up! I hate to think about people getting really ripped off! For a 2000 in great condition, that sounds totally fine! :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

I told him that's what happens with a small car when you're going 90 miles an hour...) - but I know mine is sturdy as hell. A few people I know with Elantras have had issues with weak struts, but I got into an accident and they thought I might have a strut issue, but they were fine even after having a Bronco hit right where it could have damaged them...

Won't even an 18-wheeler be totalled in a 90 mph accident? Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
I told him that's what happens with a small car when you're going 90 miles an hour...) - but I know mine is sturdy as hell. A few people I know with Elantras have had issues with weak struts, but I got into an accident and they thought I might have a strut issue, but they were fine even after having a Bronco hit right where it could have damaged them...

Won't even an 18-wheeler be totalled in a 90 mph accident?

Yeah, that's what I told him. Sometimes.... :blink:

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

1 year ago, we got a 1993 Honda Accord coupe (2dr) manual transmission with 120K miles on it for $500 from a family friend (a single lesbian). It passed the DMV inspection, and is still driving well. On our last oil change, the mechanic says the car is still ok. We bought it as a second car to use within the township.

Edited by classic

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 year ago, we got a 1993 Honda Accord coupe (2dr) manual transmission with 120K miles on it for $500 from a family friend (a single lesbian). It passed the DMV inspection, and is still driving well. On our last oil change, the mechanic says the car is still ok. We bought it as a second car to use within the township.

So I guess the moral of the story------ is to look for single lesbians!! :thumbs:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

:yes:

single: has enough money for regular car maintenance

lesbian: a compromise- not to hard on the car, but with enough mechanical instinct

good seller profile = good bet that the car that was sold will last!

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

Any help from other members here to help my query. The place where i will be moving will also have snow in winter. Help me out

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.