almaty

woman found alived //8 days in a car

14 posts in this topic

A Seattle-area woman was in critical condition today after being pulled from the wreckage of her crashed SUV, where she spent eight days while her frantic husband implored police to search for her.

Tanya Rider, 33, was found yesterday at the bottom of a steep ravine after authorities were able to trace a signal from her cell phone.

"All I know is that she's here and she's alive, and that, in itself, is a miracle," her husband, Tom Rider, told CNN this morning.

"She's alive after eight days. If God was going to take her, he would have taken her before that," he said.

Tom Rider, of Maple Valley, Wash., reported his wife missing after she didn't come home from work Sept. 19. Security video showed her leaving her job at a grocery store in Bellevue and getting into her car.

Tom Rider told CNN police had begun to suspect him in his wife's disappearance. He was about to take a lie-detector test yesterday morning when police got a break in the case.

"By the time he was done explaining the polygraph test to me, the detective burst into the room with a cell phone map that had a circle on it," Tom Rider said.

He said the detective started explaining the blip that came in to an area cell phone tower and within minutes, news arrived that Tanya Rider had been found.

>Tanya Rider's sport utility vehicle had plunged about 20 feet into a ravine. The vehicle landed in a heavy brush and blackberry bushes. Rescuers had to cut off the SUV's roof to extract the injured woman.

"She looks very pale, very dehydrated. She didn't have a lot of cuts but had difficulty breathing," said State Patrol spokesman Jeff Merrill.

Tanya Rider was in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center. Her husband said she was suffering from kidney failure and she could lose a leg.

Tom Rider blamed police red tape for the delay in finding his wife. He said he first reported her missing to Bellevue police, but they told him he had to contact King County authorities.

"The first operator I talked to on the first day I tried to report it flat denied to start a missing persons report because she didn't meet the criteria," he told CNN. "I basically hounded them until they started a case."

A King County Sheriff's spokesman said the agency had followed standard procedure in refusing to file a missing persons report on an adult who had not been gone long.

"Not showing up at home is not illegal," said Deputy Rodney Chinnick.

But he acknowledged the Riders had gone through "a terrible, terrible experience

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sniff sniff....i smell a lawsuit

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

same here....8 days..and may loose a limb...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I listened to an interview with the husband this morning. He traced back her routed himself several times, but the brush that she drove through swept back into place, showing no trace of the car going through. :( I hope she makes it...her kidneys started shutting down. :(

I listened to an interview with the husband this morning. He traced back her routed himself several times, but the brush that she drove through swept back into place, showing no trace of the car going through. :( I hope she makes it...her kidneys started shutting down. :(

same here... i

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

"Not showing up at home is not illegal," said Deputy Rodney Chinnick.

No sh!t. He wasn't asking for her to be arrested... only looked for.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I was reading this in the morning posts on Excite :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The husband said this morning that he's not mad at the police, just the procedures that they are required to follow in a missing persons case - where the husband is immediately suspect.

Doctor was also interviewed - she said the skin sores on her from her seat belt are so severe that she's probably going to need some skin graft.

I will prayer she pulls through, what a miracle she was even found.

There was a local business man here who had a simialr accident about 3 months ago. His son Robert went out to look for him and by chance saw the colour of his truck through the brush. Sadly his father had died:( he had taken his tie off and wrapped it around a leg wound, he had bled to death. He was found around 7 hours after the accident.

Margy

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007

A lawsuit would - and should - be lost. The police cannot afford to look for every adult that does not come home. If the husband himself drove past the accident site and saw nothing, then hardly anyone can be accused of negligence.

Localizing a cell phone signal is another story. My opinion is that privacy laws are there for a reason, and phone companies should not check location of anyone when his/her spouse requests it. Actually, maybe I should sign a statement authorizing exactly that and give it to my wife? I am not planning to run away...

Anyway, I hope the woman survives.

The husband said this morning that he's not mad at the police, just the procedures that they are required to follow in a missing persons case - where the husband is immediately suspect.

Doctor was also interviewed - she said the skin sores on her from her seat belt are so severe that she's probably going to need some skin graft.

Unfortunately I think the procedures are usually pretty well justified. If the spouse leaves, it's because they want to (divorce, or sadly, abuse), and if they've gone 'missing', it's usually not because of a freakish car crash that left no signs anywhere of a crash.

Thank God the guy dug in and kept at it.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

A lawsuit would - and should - be lost. The police cannot afford to look for every adult that does not come home. If the husband himself drove past the accident site and saw nothing, then hardly anyone can be accused of negligence.

Localizing a cell phone signal is another story. My opinion is that privacy laws are there for a reason, and phone companies should not check location of anyone when his/her spouse requests it. Actually, maybe I should sign a statement authorizing exactly that and give it to my wife? I am not planning to run away...

Anyway, I hope the woman survives.

yeah,..thanks counselor

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg