AustinnPawerss

Calling everyone going thru RIYADH Embassy

60 posts in this topic

Oh wow - today he got it !!! :dancing: I left work and found 5 calls from him on my cell phone, and he said he got the visa package from Fedex. I can't believe it! I guess expediting is a good thing after all...

The only thing is that the Do Not Open envelope was a little torn and ripped 1 inch on the side, from the Fedex handling. So he is going to email the consulate again, and maybe go back there and get another envelope in person.

But that is OK - we got it and we are thankful. Thank you to everyone here who was so supportive with information and advice and help. I hope you will all hear some good news soon. Time to celebrate - and it's amazing how he got it on the day before our 1-year anniversary!! :dance:

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.

~Lin Yutang

~Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Mashaa Allah ....Congratulation KEKhan :dance:

What a good news :thumbs: , inshaa Allah this will start the string of visa issuance,

Thank you so much for sharing the info

Mobarak and have a wonderful live together

Mashaa Allah ....Congratulation KEKhan :dance:

What a good news :thumbs: , inshaa Allah this will start the string of visa issuance,

Thank you so much for sharing the info

Mobarak and have a wonderful live together

Thank you for all your kind wishes :) I hope this is a good sign for others waiting at the Riyadh embassy! I was just reading the thread VISA IN HAND, showing all the MENA people who have received their visas this year...

I can't wait until he gets here and we start our life together... Thank you all again, and hopefully March will be a lucky month for many! :D

KEKhan

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.

~Lin Yutang

~Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Everybody is waiting and check this out

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tem...p;x=61&y=19

Waiting is something, and waiting without you knowing when the wait will end is something else :crying:

The website you posted only shows info. for Nonimmigrant visas (unless I missed something on that page). But the immigrant visa is another thing, and probably not something they would make any estimates or promises about. Maybe you should try what we did and ask to possibly get your passport back for travel??? (I don't know what happened really with ours, but it was after that request that they mentioned that they would expedite our case). Of course my husband thinks it could be that our officer was sympathetic since he has the same last name as us, lol

Your last sentence reminds me of a poem by emily dickinson called "if you were coming in the fall" - it actually meant a lot to me while I was waiting (I get daily poems in my email). I'm sorry you are still waiting - keep us updated on how it's going and good luck!

KEKhan

~Lin Yutang

Timeline
Everybody is waiting and check this out

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tem...p;x=61&y=19

Waiting is something, and waiting without you knowing when the wait will end is something else :crying:

The website you posted only shows info. for Nonimmigrant visas (unless I missed something on that page). But the immigrant visa is another thing, and probably not something they would make any estimates or promises about. Maybe you should try what we did and ask to possibly get your passport back for travel??? (I don't know what happened really with ours, but it was after that request that they mentioned that they would expedite our case). Of course my husband thinks it could be that our officer was sympathetic since he has the same last name as us, lol

Your last sentence reminds me of a poem by emily dickinson called "if you were coming in the fall" - it actually meant a lot to me while I was waiting (I get daily poems in my email). I'm sorry you are still waiting - keep us updated on how it's going and good luck!

KEKhan

I know that the link doesn't give time frame for K visas, but then why not? why they don't want to put a deadline for them self for the immigrant visa?, I thought it should have the priority because it's coming from US citizen, verses the other non-immigrant visas aren't!

It's really painful.

By the way did your husband got a replacement for the envelope that was little bit open?

I know that the link doesn't give time frame for K visas, but then why not? why they don't want to put a deadline for them self for the immigrant visa?, I thought it should have the priority because it's coming from US citizen, verses the other non-immigrant visas aren't!

It's really painful.

By the way did your husband got a replacement for the envelope that was little bit open?

I know the feeling of having to wait and the uncertainty of when it will ever change or happen. They probably don't post timelines for immigration visas since each individual case is so different, and maybe they have no way of knowing how long the AR process will take, as it might change over time.

I am sorry you are still waiting! Have you tried to email the embassy again - did they ever write you back once? If they have never written back to any of your emails, perhaps you should contact your US Senator and have them intervene for you. Each senator has their own website, which has instructions on how to contact them and what information to give. I can also give you a form letter that our lawyer gave us with some information to provide to the senator, if you need.

I can understand the value of not constantly emailing and harrassing the embassy, but if you have never received a reply to any of your emails, that is another thing. That is not right, and you should ask someone for help.

For our visa, my husband is going to return to the US embassy in early April to get another un-ripped envelope in person. He lives in Jeddah, so he has to get a flight to Riyadh to do this small thing... But it's better to be safe than sorry for when he gets to the US border, esp. after waiting so long!

KEKhan

~Lin Yutang

Timeline

Over 750 visits to this thread and only 4 poster with two being active, come out of the closet people :bonk: , I am sure there is more then the four of us going through Riyadh Embassy, :P

Can you post, nothing will happen to you :no:

Timeline

What a great news... My wife got the visa "Alhamdo Lel Allah" :dance:

I can't belive it...I am so happy ....I am jumping :dance::dance::dance:

I was sleeping when my wife called and told me this ...few menutes a go..

Thanks to everybody and I wish the rest of you a smooth process

A special thanks to KeKhan for sharing her info, for being there when needed

Thank you so much KeKhan :thumbs:

What a great news... My wife got the visa "Alhamdo Lel Allah" :dance:

I can't belive it...I am so happy ....I am jumping :dance::dance::dance:

I was sleeping when my wife called and told me this ...few menutes a go..

Thanks to everybody and I wish the rest of you a smooth process

A special thanks to KeKhan for sharing her info, for being there when needed

Thank you so much KeKhan :thumbs:

YAAY - CONGRATULATIONS !!!

ANOTHER VISA IN OUR LITTLE KSA THREAD :)

AND GOOD WISHES FOR EVERYONE ELSE STILL WAITING - KEEP US UPDATED AND GOOD LUCK!

:dance::star::dance::star::dance:

~Lin Yutang

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was looking for a topic regarding interviews in KSA..for some reason i couldnt find it .I am glad that there is one now.

Today my children had their interview at the embassy in Ryiadh.My husband petitioned for them as a Conditional Green Card .CR2 ...They only interviewed my daughter which is 14 years old...no questions to my son which is 11 years .old..thogh he was present..The interview went smooth except one question which i have found it to be irrelevant to the case ..When the interview was over they didnt say if they were approved or in administrative review ..Nothing..They only say that they will contact them after 2 weeks..I thought i share my children;s experience with you ..

Good luck to everyone

Amalitta

• 1 year later...

I wish I could see more expats experiences during their interviews in this forum.. I'm from the Philippines married to a Filipina(USC) working in Saudi Arabia and we are going to process the petition here instead of going back to the Philippines.

I hope some more infos please.

Thank you guys!! :unsure:

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
I wish I could see more expats experiences during their interviews in this forum.. I'm from the Philippines married to a Filipina(USC) working in Saudi Arabia and we are going to process the petition here instead of going back to the Philippines.

I hope some more infos please.

Thank you guys!!

:unsure:

I was really hoping to get more information on the KSA embassy since my fiancee is working there and his interview will be conducted there as well. I have tried to contact them to see when he will get packet 3 but so far to no avail and he hasn't received packet 3 although the embassy received the packet from NVC on the 24 th of August... I guess it being Ramadan isn't helping at all either and they don't respond to emails timely either... I didn't realize at the embassy level they can be so lazy

Dee Zaman

event.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

After reading all thise thread im more worry now bcz US EMBASSY took some ppls passports and even one guy was refused after taking his Passport by USE . Anyways my interview was not good and they kept all original docs and my Passport also . We are praying harder that they will issue me visa soon.

Thank you !

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My case has just been completed in NVC and it is going to be send to Riyadh Embassy. I have read this thread and it seems that the condition is very bad in Riyadh embassy. The last post in this thread was a long time ago. Can someone update his/her status. Is there anyone else who is going through Riyadh Embassy??

Please give some guidelines.

1) My case was completed in NVC on 15 Jan. How long it will take to receive the details of medical and interview dates?

2) Which hospitals are approved for medical exam?

Thanks in advance

Citizenship
==================
Service Center : Lewisville TX Lockbox
CIS Office : Dallas TX
Date Filed : 2013-08-14
NOA Date : 2013-08-20
Bio. Appt. : 2013-09-18
Interview Date :
Approved :
Oath Ceremony :
Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.