How many EAD"S have u had while waiting for AOS

28 posts in this topic

Claudeth got her EAD in three months and two months later got her GC

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So my husband got his (1st) EAD in July - meaning it will expire in July 2008. If his AOS is not approved by January then he'll have to renew it, correct?

I ask because his AOS is stuck at the NBC and hasn't been touched since May. At this rate he'll also be working off his EAD.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So my husband got his (1st) EAD in July - meaning it will expire in July 2008. If his AOS is not approved by January then he'll have to renew it, correct?

I ask because his AOS is stuck at the NBC and hasn't been touched since May. At this rate he'll also be working off his EAD.

Yes you will need to renew it ( hopefully not though ) As you can see by my time line we have had Bios and Interview ( In Newark , NJ ) however my husbands case status shows the same thing since 5/4/07. Here is the most recent even though we have had a few touches ( meaning NADA , Nothing , Zilch ) since then

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On May 4, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Ok - as long as I know when it has to be renewed (if so).

Thanks.

My husband's case is 2 days ahead of yours...but he did biometrics. The NBC received his case on May 2nd and he had biometrics on the 30th of May. The following day the case was touched - since then NADA.

I've called but if my hubby's not on the line the IO won't talk to me. However, I am going to give it about 6 months more since that is the regular processing time....

But it should move faster than that though because the NBC doesn't approve the AOS - it'll either need to be sent to CSC or Orlando....

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Here's a contest I really didnt want to win.....We are on our fourth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EAD and we have done everything possible except the WOM thus far. Will have to file for the fifth if nothing received by next March.......

Money constantly going down the drain......does anyone know where we can buy money tree seeds......lol :help::help:

I don't think you'd have to apply for EAD renewal that early. Aren't EADs still taking about three months to process? Wouldn't you be looking at applying in April 2008 or so? I don't think there would be much point in applying earlier than that .

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Here's a contest I really didnt want to win.....We are on our fourth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EAD and we have done everything possible except the WOM thus far. Will have to file for the fifth if nothing received by next March.......

Money constantly going down the drain......does anyone know where we can buy money tree seeds......lol :help::help:

Poor sunny...........:( I too get mad over the amount of money we have spent on waiting for the FBI to just get with the programme!!!!

It seems that some of u dont understand....I have been to my congressman who has even contacted USCIS and the FBI...just to be told...u r in name check, be patient!!!! Sadly, this same helpful congressman recently passed away, seems cold to be contacting his staff so soon when I really know theres nothing anyone there can do for me!! EAD's only last 1 yr....and u have to renew 120 days before it expires...since I need to continue working (and paying taxes) I dont have much choice to get my application in (and before the fee increase).

Thanks for all your replies...happy waiting!!!!

Timeline

Poor sunny........... :( I too get mad over the amount of money we have spent on waiting for the FBI to just get with the programme!!!!

It seems that some of u dont understand....I have been to my congressman who has even contacted USCIS and the FBI...just to be told...u r in name check, be patient!!!! Sadly, this same helpful congressman recently passed away, seems cold to be contacting his staff so soon when I really know theres nothing anyone there can do for me!! EAD's only last 1 yr....and u have to renew 120 days before it expires...since I need to continue working (and paying taxes) I dont have much choice to get my application in (and before the fee increase).

Thanks for all your replies...happy waiting!!!!

Ok, thanks for the help. So we'll have to renew his EAD in the beginning of April (just to be safe/if this is the case). I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this ^^^.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Filed: Other Timeline
Ok, thanks for the help. So we'll have to renew his EAD in the beginning of April (just to be safe/if this is the case). I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this ^^^.

Look at the date on the card and send the renewal about 120 days prior. Not 90.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Sorry for off topic but how did you get your I-485 approved without interview jasman0717? Didn't know that was possible.

A lot of K1's get approved without interview. If they are transferred to CSC, then usually there's no interview.

We applied for the EAD but never got it since the GC was approved quickly...still glad we paid the extra money just in case, though.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Timeline
Look at the date on the card and send the renewal about 120 days prior. Not 90.

Ok, thanks rebeccajo, better to be safe than sorry...God knows that wait for the EAD was bad - I wouldn't want to repeat it.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.