Britchick

How many EAD"S have u had while waiting for AOS

28 posts in this topic

I am now on my third EAD application whilst waiting the dreaded "FBI namecheck"...this has been very costly!! I was just wondering how many others have paid lots of money to work whilst waiting AOS application?

Your 3rd EAD?! :o Isn't each one valid for 1 yr? Have you gotten a congressmen or someone else involved that could maybe do some checking up on your case for you. I know you are approved just pending FBI name check, but if you are waiting that long, I would definitely get everyone I could involved... and their mothers too!

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know of people who had 2 EAD's, I'm afraid you are the longest I personally have heard of. I'd get on the horn and start rattling some chains and get some action!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

LaL has been waiting about the same time I believe. Yes, I also agree...time to contact your congressperson and see what can be done, if anything. Hope something happens soon on your case. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

LaL has been waiting about the same time I believe. Yes, I also agree...time to contact your congressperson and see what can be done, if anything. Hope something happens soon on your case. (F)

yep - we are also on EAD #3 and set to apply for AP #3 in a week or so. There are a few of us that have this honor bestowed, but post less about it because :

1. we are bored and sick of talking about it :P

2. we dont want to rain on anyone's "i hope to get my greencard in less than 60 days" parade B)

It probably would be helpful if those of us were more actively posting our woes, but overall we just stick to our supportive & debby downer namecheck thread. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow - I'm sorry everyone in this boat!

How often do you have to renew your EAD? I mean...how many months before it expires do you have to request a new one?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

How often do you have to renew your EAD? I mean...how many months before it expires do you have to request a new one?

USCIS allows you to renew up to 6 months prior to expiration, however most renewal 120 days prior. I renewed early this year because we paid enough #@%$@% fees already so we renewed under the old fee schedule. :D

Of course AP has a maximum of 120 days prior to expiration for application, so we had to wait on that one.

Filed: Timeline

USCIS allows you to renew up to 6 months prior to expiration, however most renewal 120 days prior. I renewed early this year because we paid enough #@%$@% fees already so we renewed under the old fee schedule. :D

Of course AP has a maximum of 120 days prior to expiration for application, so we had to wait on that one.

If you apply for a SSN can't you use that and not having to keep renewing your EAD?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had two and was planning to submit the application for the third the following month when my AOS was approved.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
If you apply for a SSN can't you use that and not having to keep renewing your EAD?

SSN does not give authorization to work.

Ah ok, didn't know that xD

btw i just filled out the EAD form and i'll be sending it tomorrow. How long does this process take and what are the chances of getting denied?

Edited by Inugami

We'll be looking at EAD #3 if my husband's AOS isn't approved by December. Fingers crossed! Forking over $340 just before Christmas--arrrgh. I might want to start bashing mailboxes with a baseball bat from a moving car. Yes, that would be the sensible thing to do. (Was it the Lost Boys that had that scene?)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.