Rob & Jin

Lack of consistancy

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It seems to me there is a total lake of consistancy in peoples timelines and tracking methods. VJ tracks by both by date sent ( which in my opion is meaningless), and by receipt date ( this is receipt date on Noa-1), but many people here are tracking either by the date they received the hard copy ( meaningless) and the date sent ( meaningless). We have been told quite cleary by a guy who worked at USCIS that the clock starts from the recieved date printed on the NOA-1, NOT the date you sent it, or the receipt date ( the mods might want to clarify that with him). But whichever one it is, its not the date you posted it or they signed for it, or the date you received the hard copy.

For example if like me you you posted in June but Noa1- received and receipt date ( as printed on NOA-1) is in July, you are a July filier, I think its pretty simple USCIS dont start the clock, by your post mark.

Lets get consistancy or the data is worthless

Edited by Rob & Jin

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Timeline
It seems to me there is a total lake of consistancy in peoples timelines and tracking methods. VJ tracks by both by date sent ( which in my opion is meaningless), and by receipt date ( this is receipt date on Noa-1), but many people here are tracking either by the date they received the hard copy ( meaningless) and the date sent ( meaningless). We have been told quite cleary by a guy who worked at USCIS that the clock starts from the recieved date printed on the NOA-1, NOT the date you sent it, or the receipt date ( the mods might want to clarify that with him). But whichever one it is, its not the date you posted it or they signed for it, or the date you received the hard copy.

For example if like me you you posted in June but Noa1- received and receipt date ( as printed on NOA-1) is in July, you are a July filier, I think its pretty simple USCIS dont start the clock, by your post mark.

Lets get consistancy or the data is worthless

Ok i guess this is not of interest anyone, just thought some consistancy would help folks, and help stop all this crazy posting thats going on about timelines and wait times that make no sense. Time to go back to CFL were is not so out of reality

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

I use the stats, it is a very small sampling of what the USCIS does but it still gave us comfort

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
I use the stats, it is a very small sampling of what the USCIS does but it still gave us comfort

I agree, but we have got people here saying their start date is this, is that, people are saying they wait this long from file date , the date they posted, or the date they got hard copy, they are deceiving themselves and confusing the site. It does not matter a hoot what date you posted the petition on, or received hard copy, but alot of people are going by these dates

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I agree Rob...I've brought it up in the past with the same result you're getting *sigh*

calculating for NOA2

specially, come on! the received date is so easily obtained!!

besides, when you get the noa2 hard copy, it CLEARLY states the received date as your Priority date

it's great that you brought it up, I wish it would be reviewed to have more accurate stats

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline
I agree Rob...I've brought it up in the past with the same result you're getting *sigh*

calculating for NOA2

besides, when you get the noa2 hard copy, it CLEARLY states the received date as your Priority date

it's great that you brought it up, I wish it would be reviewed to have more accurate stats

Saludos,

Caro

I think the Mods need to make a clear statement on this, and make it clear which NOA DATE, they use , and post it big and clear on stats- recieved( as printed) or receipt ( as printed) on NOA form, plus sent date should be removed, it is totally meaningless

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Timeline

calculating for NOA2

Saludos,

Caro

I think the Mods need to make a clear statement on this, and make it clear which NOA DATE, they use , and post it big and clear on stats- recieved( as printed) or receipt ( as printed) on NOA form, plus sent date should be removed, it is totally meaningless

You've got my support :thumbs:

In our case...we sent our petition on march 27th. It arrived at TSC march 28th. Was forwarded to CSC and received April 5th. Our priority date was march 28th, and if you perform a timeline search, this is the most accurate way to calculate for the NOA2 .

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline

calculating for NOA2

Saludos,

Caro

You've got my support :thumbs:

In our case...we sent our petition on march 27th. It arrived at TSC march 28th. Was forwarded to CSC and received April 5th. Our priority date was march 28th, and if you perform a timeline search, this is the most accurate way to calculate for the NOA2 .

Caro

I think the MODS need to sort this out and smooth it out with simple and clear time line instructions, and get rid of posted date in stats, the USCIS dont care when you posted it, plus people are posting in so many differrent ways and from different counties, it is a totally invalid statistacly it has no value at all. Any Mods listening ? In a nut shell posted date is not filled date, filled date is USCIS received or receipt date, the guy who worked there says it is received date, AS PRINTED ON NOA-1, nothing else time lines should start from that date, IMHO

But unfortunatly no- one wants to hear this

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On May 21, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice.

THIS (ABOVE) IS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE USCIS WEBSITE. WE MAILED THE 129F TO TEXAS ON 9TH MAY, CAL RECIEVED IT ON THE 21ST MAY AND THAT'S THE DATE WE USE. PATSY SAYS THERE IS NO DATE ON THE NOA1, WHICH SHE RECEIVED ON JULY 30TH! SURELY WE SHOULD BE USING THE DATE QUOTED ON THE WEBSITE?

JUST MY OPINION AND I HOPE YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT USING THE NOA1 DATE.

My timeline

Timeline

May 9th '07 - Sent I-129F to Texas

May 16th - Texas received (Cheque cashed)

May 21st - 129F transferred to California (Registered date online at USCIS)

July 20th Called to trace NOA1

July 30th Rec NOA1 but using USCIS website date of May 21st

Aug/Sept Called 3 times and told "Will get NOA2 any day now"

Sept 21st Touched for the very first time!

Oct 15th Touched! Patsy called to ask about using Humanitarian Expediting. Told we could be approved any day.

Oct 16th Touched after emailing UK Consulate.

London emailed to say they would check with NVC and USCIS

Oct 16th - APPROVED!!! NOA2 on it's way....

Oct 21st Patsy received NOA2

Oct 23rd Patsy coming to UK. (with all our files etc and NOA2) We were advised that I shouldn't risk a visit to the USA whilst K1 pending!!. I could be refused entry and sent back home!

Nov 10th Patsy went home and we'd called NVC a lot but failed to get through to an operator for update.

Nov 13th NVC say they received our file.

Nov 15th NVC say they sent it to London. Now the last leg waiting begins.

Timeline

On May 21, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice.

THIS (ABOVE) IS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE USCIS WEBSITE. WE MAILED THE 129F TO TEXAS ON 9TH MAY, CAL RECIEVED IT ON THE 21ST MAY AND THAT'S THE DATE WE USE. PATSY SAYS THERE IS NO DATE ON THE NOA1, WHICH SHE RECEIVED ON JULY 30TH! SURELY WE SHOULD BE USING THE DATE QUOTED ON THE WEBSITE?

No, you should go by the date TSC received your petition :thumbs:

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline

No, you should go by the date TSC received your petition :thumbs:

Caro

Look at received date on NOA-1, NOT RECEIPT DATE, as posted on email or NOA-1, received date is start date, receipt date is their reply date

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if thats the case then our date should be May 21st not June 4th as the USCIS website says! Hey I'm all for that for sure!

Maybe I should change my timeline to reflect that what do you guys think!!

When I first read the web site then I seen the NOA1 hard copy it says our priority date is May 21,2007, So I don't know if we are May filers or June filers which is it??

Can anyone help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

OK, I am really confused now. I have a received date of May 9th, then it was transferred to CSC and the Notice date is June 1st. Basically I lost 3 weeks because our package was in the back of a truck. I will just keep on waiting and hope for the best.

Brian & Isa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

it's even weirder, after reading the above, to realise that after posting the package on July 18, our NOA1 shows a received date of July 19, despite it being transferred from VSC to CSC in that time... the cheque even has both stamps on the back :blink:

gad, you have to wonder what they're doing sometimes; I should have included a GPS chip in the package so I could see exactly where it was, and for how long ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline
OK, I am really confused now. I have a received date of May 9th, then it was transferred to CSC and the Notice date is June 1st. Basically I lost 3 weeks because our package was in the back of a truck. I will just keep on waiting and hope for the best.

Come on its not hard, the received date that is printed in the box on the NOA-1, not some fed ex, usps, ups or mail room signature, Its the received date printed in the box at the top of the noa-1. In the box titled received date

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.