kalina

NVC received I 130 for our child instead of I 129 F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi friends, we are waiting more than a month for our I 129 F to be sent to NVC. Instead of this yesterday my husband received in mail a letter from NVC with assigned case number for our daughter I 130 and DS 3032 and AOS Bill. At the same time my I 129 F and I 130 is sitting at CSC. Why they do this. As far as I know USCIS has to keep my daughter petition while we go in the States and file for AOS.

I am very confused and upset. Does anybody know what we should do.

This process make me crazy. I fall into despair. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Hi friends, we are waiting more than a month for our I 129 F to be sent to NVC. Instead of this yesterday my husband received in mail a letter from NVC with assigned case number for our daughter I 130 and DS 3032 and AOS Bill. At the same time my I 129 F and I 130 is sitting at CSC. Why they do this. As far as I know USCIS has to keep my daughter petition while we go in the States and file for AOS.

Hi Kalina,

Everything I've read indicates your I-129f should be the only petition going to the NVC right now. My stepdaughter's I-130 is still pending, and will stay that way until AOS is filed. Zolanden is in the same situation. Your husband needs to call both the USCIS and the NVC and explain what happened. I'm sure you don't want to take the chance and have her go through the longer CR1 visa process. They may be able to keep your daughter's paperwork on hold at the NVC, while you still go through the K3,K4 process. Don't despair, you'll be out of this soon.

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi Kalina,

Everything I've read indicates your I-129f should be the only petition going to the NVC right now. My stepdaughter's I-130 is still pending, and will stay that way until AOS is filed. Zolanden is in the same situation. Your husband needs to call both the USCIS and the NVC and explain what happened. I'm sure you don't want to take the chance and have her go through the longer CR1 visa process. They may be able to keep your daughter's paperwork on hold at the NVC, while you still go through the K3,K4 process. Don't despair, you'll be out of this soon.

Parachute, we were intending to go through K3/K4 route. I can't leave my daughter. But instead of sending I 129 F to NVC, CSC has sent I 130. Hopes for our family to be together soon are broken again. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi Kalina,

Parachute, we were intending to go through K3/K4 route. I can't leave my daughter. But instead of sending I 129 F to NVC, CSC has sent I 130. Hopes for our family to be together soon are broken again. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I would make a call to USCIS to get this straightened out. No need to deal with the child's I-130. Just don't respond to NVC on it. This issue is getting your I-129F there.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

CSC makes a blunder? Not a surprise. They failed to associate your petitions. Call USCIS as pushbrk said, and you may want to eventually contact NVC to have your daughters I130 sent back to USCIS to be held for eventual AOS.

Good Luck!

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi Kalina,

Hi there,

I am in the same situation, i mean my I130 was approved in July and those for my kids not yet, also my I 129f still pending and i just don't paid the bill to the NVC as pusbrk advised me. We are waiting for either the 129f to be approved or the both I130 for the kids so we can go further. I only hope there will be no further messing up like one child get approved and not the other because it will delay our departure.My husband called USCIS and NVC many times to ask about the way to go but the only answers he gets there is :USCIS: they are pending (as we can not see on their website) and at NVC : we only do visas here.

What is pretty much obvious is that none of them is looking at them as a familly they only look at them as a case, one by one. Don't despair you are not alone. Strange things happens!

Good luck,

Andrea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.