8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone on VJ

I haven't posted in a long time. So congrads to all that are nearing the end of their journey to be with loveones. Wishes of the best to all the have their loveone here with them finially after such a long process. And all the patience to those that are either starting the process or in the middle with all the paperwork that is needed, and the waiting time.

I have continued to always read the topics, advice that many have given everyone...

But now I am almost to the end of my journey here in the US and then on to the Over Seas Embassy and the waiting there for the approval for my husband to finally be with me.

Here is what I need advice about:

I have completed and sent the IV bill in and has been accepted... I have the completed DS-230 Part I & II and Part I signed by husband.... But the info that was sent with the IV bill said not to send the DS-230 till I was notified or this could cause a delay in the processing.... I want to send it in now and pray very hard that all this will be processed and sent to the Lagos Embassy about the same time that I will be there visiting my husband...Also with the hopes of us traveling back to the States together....

So should I wait for the package that they said would be sent with the checklist? What is the checklist? Or can I send this sign DS-230 in now... As it is the orginal that has to be sent, I don't want to make mistake and loose this and have to wait for him to send another..

If I use Jame's shortcut again to send DS-230 now before receiving the package will be alright?

Has anyone done this and what experiences has it caused ? Speeding up this process or delaying....

Will be waiting for anyone responses to my dilema.

Nancy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You can send it as soon as the NVC computer tells you it has been generated.

If you send it before then, I don't think they can put the information into their computer.

If you want to use the short cut, read it completely and follow it exactly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yes i agree with the above fellow.u should wait untill nvc asks u to send it.and i guess u only need to send ds-230part 1 along with photocopy of ur wife's passport.ds-230 part 2 will be sent to ur wife when the case will be transfered to respective embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
and i guess u only need to send ds-230part 1 along with photocopy of ur wife's passport.ds-230 part 2 will be sent to ur wife when the case will be transfered to respective embassy

Hi Tamz,

Where did you get this information? All consulates are different and they all have different requirements. While your Embassy/Consulate may only request the DS-230 and a photocopy of the passport biographic page, other countries require the petitioner to send in all the civil documents (birth certificate, marriage cert. etc etc) along with the DS-230 - parts 1 and 2 - with part 2 left unsigned.

So while the above may be true for Pakistan, it may not apply in the original poster's country of application.

Everyone should check the instructions here: Applicant Document Processing before submitting the DS-230.

Good luck with your visas :)

in my case, it was only ds230 that was asked to be mailed back. no other documents were sent with it. the nvc letter advised that all other documents will be presented at the time of the interview. i guess, for every consulate or every case, there is a different requirement when mailing ds230.

CR-1

02/08/2007 NOA1

06/22/2007 NOA2 (case approved)

10/12/2007 CASE COMPLETE

11/08/2007 CASE FORWARDED TO USEM

12/06/2007 INTERVIEW *** APPROVED!!!***

12/10/2007 VISA ON HAND

12/17/2007 CFO seminar

12/22/2007 MNL to SFO via PAL

USA

12/22/2007 ARRIVED SFO

12/27/2007 ISSUED SSN

01/10/2008 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

01/12/2008 RECEIVED PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

01/23/2008 SSA MAILED SSN

01/26/2008 RECEIVED SSN

I-751

09/21/2009 MAILED I-751

09/23/2009 RECEIVED BY USCIS

09/26/2009 NOA1

10/16/2009 EARLY BIOMETRICS

10/22/2009 APPOINTMENT BIOMETRICS

10/20/2009 APPROVED

Timeline
and i guess u only need to send ds-230part 1 along with photocopy of ur wife's passport.ds-230 part 2 will be sent to ur wife when the case will be transfered to respective embassy

Hi Tamz,

Where did you get this information? All consulates are different and they all have different requirements. While your Embassy/Consulate may only request the DS-230 and a photocopy of the passport biographic page, other countries require the petitioner to send in all the civil documents (birth certificate, marriage cert. etc etc) along with the DS-230 - parts 1 and 2 - with part 2 left unsigned.

So while the above may be true for Pakistan, it may not apply in the original poster's country of application.

Everyone should check the instructions here: Applicant Document Processing before submitting the DS-230.

Good luck with your visas :)

Hello Credzba, Tamz, Trailmix,

Ok this is how I did this and this what I have received, I sent the DS 3032 to NH and the the AOS to St Louis, Call and found that all have been accept via Operator at NVC. I then sent the I-864 and was waiting and received in the mail a checklist saying Missing Document List for XXXXX, The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (I-864). However, we are still waiting for the Immigrant Visa fee. Please submit the fee according to the instructions on the IV fee bill sent to you. then says if you haven't received it to call...

I called and was told that this was generated 3 days after this letter...But checking the dates of the correspondence the IV Bill dated 8/26, and the Checklist Missing I230 dated 8/28. Now I am a bit confused...Checklist arrives first, the the IV which I sent to St. Louis approx. 1 week ago..

Oh forgot that to mention that talking to whoever at NVC the said that my I-864 doc seem to be in order??? how is this with out the I-230 or am I wrong?

Nancy

Click on this link. This will give you a better picture and understanding how each forms correlate with each other.

NVC Flowchart for CR1/IR1

I think I do understand your dilemma, but I could also be wrong.

(1) Your DS3032 was submitted, once received this will generate your IV Bill.

(2) IV Bill was received and was just mailed a week ago, right?

(3) Your AOS fee bill was paid, sent and processed by the NVC. Next step was an I-864 submission

(4) You were told by NVC that your I-864 was fine, and found no problems. Thus, a checklist was sent to you OF-230-I stating that your

DS230 was required in order to continue on and process your visa application.

A checklist (OF-230-I) is a normal procedure when NVC notifies the petitioner that the next step of the process is the DS230 application forms from the beneficiary, thus will be noted as "missing information". Once your IV Bill payment is processed by NVC, this will generate your actual DS230 coversheet. It will take at least 7-10 days for the IV Bill to be entered in the system from the date you sent and mailed your payment in.

I hope this answers your questions.

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline
Click on this link. This will give you a better picture and understanding how each forms correlate with each other.

NVC Flowchart for CR1/IR1

I think I do understand your dilemma, but I could also be wrong.

(1) Your DS3032 was submitted, once received this will generate your IV Bill.

(2) IV Bill was received and was just mailed a week ago, right?

(3) Your AOS fee bill was paid, sent and processed by the NVC. Next step was an I-864 submission

(4) You were told by NVC that your I-864 was fine, and found no problems. Thus, a checklist was sent to you OF-230-I stating that your

DS230 was required in order to continue on and process your visa application.

A checklist (OF-230-I) is a normal procedure when NVC notifies the petitioner that the next step of the process is the DS230 application forms from the beneficiary, thus will be noted as "missing information". Once your IV Bill payment is processed by NVC, this will generate your actual DS230 coversheet. It will take at least 7-10 days for the IV Bill to be entered in the system from the date you sent and mailed your payment in.

I hope this answers your questions.

Yes this has help so much.. with the checklist of missing documents is the cover Checklist letter of Response to attach to front of documents. Also the envelope with APPT stamped.. So this should be it...

I don't know how I wouldn't have made it this far with other like everyone on Vj. Thank you so much...

Now the praying for the interview to be soon..

Thank you again

Nancy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.