ZAKIANDHUMAIRA

Wife and son went back home but dont know if they are...coming back

10 posts in this topic

here is my situation. My wife and my 1 yr old son went back home on sept3. and they told me that they will be gone for 1 month..Now that I talked to their parents they are like oh she must stay for a while more..Give me a break we got ###### to do here...Her greencard had expired and I had filed for paperwork and its pending, so when she left she got a temp.i 551 stamp on her passport. My plan is that to call her and her parents and tell them that your greencard nao1 came and that you have an mandatory appointment on october 3rd. It cannot be changed or missed.I want them back here with me..its too hard to be without..

let me knwo what you guys think...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Good luck.

If you have to resort to lying to her, then there may be other issues here. May be you need to go and spend some time with her in her country and figure out what is going on in your marriage.

Again good luck

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Talk to your wife and tell her how you feel, but I don't think lying is a good idea. Does your wife want to stay away longer? I think you should ask her exactly what the situation is. Ask to speak to her directly.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Didn't you post something like this earlier, like a week or so ago? :time:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1177128

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Lying is a very very bad idea! Call her and talk or get on a plane and talk to her in person. Dont' lie!

quote name='ZAKIANDHUMAIRA' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:57 PM' post='1188826']

here is my situation. My wife and my 1 yr old son went back home on sept3. and they told me that they will be gone for 1 month..Now that I talked to their parents they are like oh she must stay for a while more..Give me a break we got ###### to do here...Her greencard had expired and I had filed for paperwork and its pending, so when she left she got a temp.i 551 stamp on her passport. My plan is that to call her and her parents and tell them that your greencard nao1 came and that you have an mandatory appointment on october 3rd. It cannot be changed or missed.I want them back here with me..its too hard to be without..

let me knwo what you guys think...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

How is your question relevant??

How is it not relevant? Same question although the story is presented with a slightly different scenario. It's one thing if the wife took the kid outside the country and intends to keep the kid there without the father's permission - this has legal consequences. Different story here where wife went on a vacation for a month and parents want to keep her there for a while longer and husband is desperate to get his wife and kid back because he thinks it's too hard to be without them.

Filed: Timeline

How is your question relevant??

How is it not relevant? Same question although the story is presented with a slightly different scenario. It's one thing if the wife took the kid outside the country and intends to keep the kid there without the father's permission - this has legal consequences. Different story here where wife went on a vacation for a month and parents want to keep her there for a while longer and husband is desperate to get his wife and kid back because he thinks it's too hard to be without them.

QUOTE(jasman0717 @ Sep 12 2007, 09:47 PM) *

Didn't you post something like this earlier, like a week or so ago? timeline.gif

My wife and my 1 yr old son went back home (...) she must stay for a while more (...) My plan is that to call her and her parents and tell them that your greencard nao1 came and that you have an mandatory appointment on october 3rd. It cannot be changed or missed.

What your wife does borders on kidnapping, but is not kidnapping yet. Extended travel does happen. Don't make the situation worse by lying. Try to speak your wife in person, not her parents, and tell her you miss her and your son and try to understand why she has stayed longer and when she could come back.

If your wife is intelligent (I hope) she would become suspicious at your statements about the appointment: Could it be already time for the interview? First appointments nearly always can be changed (exceptions exist in the criminal justice system, of course), so such a statement would raise red flag in my mind.

Good luck with your marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.