ethansdad

I've heard nothing - card expires 9/13

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi there,

I resent my forms and evidence on 8/8 after accidentally sending a photocopy of the form and I have not heard anything yet. No Check cashed or even my packet sent back. My greencard expires 9/13 and i have to say i'm getting a bit nervous. What if i don't here by 9/13???

13 June 05 Case Completed

23 June 05 Case Sent to London

11 July 05 DOS says Electronic file has been entered!!

11 July 05 Visa file at Embassy

3 Aug 05 Email with Interview date!!!

5 Sept 05 Medical in London 0840

8 Sept 05 Interview at London Embassy 1000

13 Sept 05 Fly to US

03 Oct 05 green card and SSN arrive YEah!!!!!!!

13 Dec 05 Ethan 1 year old

26 Oct 06 Keira Born

13 Jul Start preparing I-751 packet

21 Jul Mailed Packet to Nebraska!! (Via Express Mail)

23 Jul Packet received @ Nebraska

7 Aug received Packet back as had sent photocopy of I-751

8 Aug Sent back I-751 with original form and all other evidence

13 Sept Received NOA1

26 Oct Biometrics appointment 11/21 Seattle

21 Nov Had Biometrics appointment at Seattle

13 Dec Received notification that greencard has been ordered!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are cutting it a little close, that is why they want you to file within 90 days so they can get you the GC extension letter back to you before the expiration date. Good luck :thumbs: Have you looked at the timeline stats to see what others are experiencing for getting the extension?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

I gave myself wuite a bit of time. I sent the 1st packet off 21st July and so that gave me just under 2 months but then they took their time sending it back to me, probably so they could get the new fee out of me. I sent the form back the day after i got it back from them. It was signed for on 10th August and they have had it ever since. Most people's checks have been cashed by now.

I was looking for some advice not an observation to how close to my expiration it is. Look at my timeline I did give myself enough time for filing. People have had the NOA1's and Biometric appointment in less time

Edited by ethansdad

13 Sept 05 Fly to US

26 Oct 06 Keira Born

13 Sept Received NOA1

What about getting an Infopass appointment and asking them for a stamp? I am not sure but I think you can do that after they cash your check. So hopefully they'll cash it soon and you can try :unsure: Good luck!!

08/15/2007- I-751 sent to CSC via Express mail

08/20/2007- received at CSC

09/12/2007 - money order cashed

09/13/2007- received NOA1 dated 08/20/2007

09/20/2007- received Biometrics letter for 10/04/2007

10/04/2007- Biometrics completed

10/15/2007- Card production ordered!!!!

10/18/2007- Approval notice sent

10/20/2007- Approval notice received

10/22/2007- Card received

Filed: Timeline
I gave myself wuite a bit of time. I sent the 1st packet off 21st July and so that gave me just under 2 months but then they took their time sending it back to me, probably so they could get the new fee out of me. I sent the form back the day after i got it back from them. It was signed for on 10th August and they have had it ever since. Most people's checks have been cashed by now.

I was looking for some advice not an observation to how close to my expiration it is. Look at my timeline I did give myself enough time for filing. People have had the NOA1's and Biometric appointment in less time

Some Advice:

"2 Months" does not equal 90 days.

Sending the correct form speeds the process up a bit.

Time until expiration after the correct, original form was sent: 36 days

36 days does not equal 90 days

Don't try any border crossings until you have your GC extension letter.

Don't jump on someone when they wish you good luck, even if they did point out the obvious - that it's your fault.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

this site might be helpful for you:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

They seem to be backlogged with the receipt printing/data entry.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
that is why they want you to file within 90 days so they can get you the GC extension letter back to you before the expiration date

Actually, the 90 days was designed to be the time period in which they can process the I-751 and deliver the permanent card. CSC is apparently the only place still capable of pulling off that trick, or at least was until USCIS started transferring TSC and NSC petitions there.

Meh

that is why they want you to file within 90 days so they can get you the GC extension letter back to you before the expiration date
Actually, the 90 days was designed to be the time period in which they can process the I-751 and deliver the permanent card. CSC is apparently the only place still capable of pulling off that trick, or at least was until USCIS started transferring TSC and NSC petitions there.

Exactly! I can't believe that folks actually fault the person having filed within the prescribed window. The USCIS is not providing the service it needs to provide. Period. It takes them over a month to cash a check and produce a fcuking receipt notice? How pathetic is that?

The 90 day window is not the time given for your I-751 to be approved.... it is the time that you can apply... USCIS has 1 year to investigate and approve or refuse to lift your conditional status...

If you file late into your 90 day window then it is hardly their fault that you have not got your NOA1 with extension before your expiry date....

And it is only a few people who have not got their checks cashed or a NOA1 within a month....

Kez

In reply to the original question (and none of the open or implied criticism of when or how you filed - totally unnecessary IMHO) Having filed WITHIN the 90 day window allowed by USCIS you have fulfilled the criteria. We too did not have my NOA extension letter by the time my 2yr card ran out, kinda scary but as I hadn't had too show it for "official" purposes in the preceding 2 years I wasn't unduly worried. There appears to be a massive backlog creating slow receipt notices/check cashing at the moment so you may just have to wait the extra week or so like us and sweat it out - but on the basis so long as you send it in in the timescale prescribed (right up to the last day!) as you did I don't see any way you can be in any trouble but I totally understand the sweating as I was there two weeks ago!

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Timeline

Thanks widge and to all others that gave honest advice rather than critisize my filing time. :thumbs:

13 Sept 05 Fly to US

26 Oct 06 Keira Born

13 Sept Received NOA1

Timeline
this site might be helpful for you:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

They seem to be backlogged with the receipt printing/data entry.

Thanks tweety. I hadn't seen this on the USCIS website. Looks like they are only a few days behind when they received my forms. So hopefully i will not have to wait too much longer. Thanks again tweety.

13 Sept 05 Fly to US

26 Oct 06 Keira Born

13 Sept Received NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
The 90 day window is not the time given for your I-751 to be approved.... it is the time that you can apply... USCIS has 1 year to investigate and approve or refuse to lift your conditional status...

If you file late into your 90 day window then it is hardly their fault that you have not got your NOA1 with extension before your expiry date....

And it is only a few people who have not got their checks cashed or a NOA1 within a month....

Kez

I didn't mean it was the time given for approval -- the official USCIS policy is 6 months for the I-751, BTW, not a year -- I meant it is set up so one filing when the 90-day window opens could get their permanent card by the conditional card's expiration date, as we have seen happen with a number of folks at CSC.

This certainly should be the case for people like Reinhard, ethansdad, and me -- we have kids with our LPR spouses, for chrissake. That should be more than sufficient to rubber stamp the blasted things and send the card right out.

Edited by James

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.