ethansdad

I've heard nothing - card expires 9/13

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok, guys....

I have some good news...

our check for I-751 is cashed after 45 days at TSC.

I know I need to update my signature etc.....but here is the missing info --

July 29, 2007 : Mailed I-751

7/31/2007 : TSC recd it

**** Check cashed on 9/6/2007 ----> after 45 days !

Also, folks...keep the criticism and snide remarks to a minimum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please !!!!!!!!

We all are here as we need help.......everybody is here to either get help or to help others.

some are more organized than others...some are better at this than others...but all of us have families, kids, jobs / business etc.

It is okay to point out some obvious errors and ommissions of others...but, it helps to give positive constructive advice

and not swing at each other! Just my 2 cents.....now, do not throw bricks at me !!!!!!!!!!!

<span style='color:blue'>--------------------

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Timeline

09/14/03: Submitted I-129F for <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> to Texas Svc Center.

09/18/03: NOA 1 rec'd from <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with SRC #

02/05/04: Recd. NOA2 by USPS mail: APPROVED !

05/04: Consulate Interview

Sep 2004 : I-485 applied for

Sep 05 : <span style='color:red'>Interview in Dallas, TX --- success</span>

<span style='color:green'>Thank you for all your help VisaJourney !!</span>

</span>

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you have 90 days to file the I-751 form.... if you file after the 90 days then you would be filing late...

the OP mentioned that he filed about 1 month into the 90 days.... that wouldn't be filing late :no:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I sent my forms off 56 days prior to my card expiry date, I thought that i was in plenty of time especially since i wanted to miss the deadline for the increased fees. My packet was received on July 23rd and then i heard nothing until i got my packet sent back to me. 15 days later, I got my packet back in the mail on August 7th along with a letter saying that now I must also pay the extra fees. I sent it back the next day USPS Express Mail, it got there on 10th Aug. So I thought that as I was still over 30 days until my expiration date i would have heard something but as of today (28 days since packet was received by USCIS) Nothing.

13 June 05 Case Completed

23 June 05 Case Sent to London

11 July 05 DOS says Electronic file has been entered!!

11 July 05 Visa file at Embassy

3 Aug 05 Email with Interview date!!!

5 Sept 05 Medical in London 0840

8 Sept 05 Interview at London Embassy 1000

13 Sept 05 Fly to US

03 Oct 05 green card and SSN arrive YEah!!!!!!!

13 Dec 05 Ethan 1 year old

26 Oct 06 Keira Born

13 Jul Start preparing I-751 packet

21 Jul Mailed Packet to Nebraska!! (Via Express Mail)

23 Jul Packet received @ Nebraska

7 Aug received Packet back as had sent photocopy of I-751

8 Aug Sent back I-751 with original form and all other evidence

13 Sept Received NOA1

26 Oct Biometrics appointment 11/21 Seattle

21 Nov Had Biometrics appointment at Seattle

13 Dec Received notification that greencard has been ordered!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
I sent my forms off 56 days prior to my card expiry date, I thought that i was in plenty of time especially since i wanted to miss the deadline for the increased fees. My packet was received on July 23rd and then i heard nothing until i got my packet sent back to me. 15 days later, I got my packet back in the mail on August 7th along with a letter saying that now I must also pay the extra fees. I sent it back the next day USPS Express Mail, it got there on 10th Aug. So I thought that as I was still over 30 days until my expiration date i would have heard something but as of today (28 days since packet was received by USCIS) Nothing.

that sucks! i wonder if it's somehow delayed because you had to resend it to them.

maybe you should try scheduling an infopass appointment for next week, "just in case".

good luck!

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

Filed: Timeline
If you file late into your 90 day window then it is hardly their fault that you have not got your NOA1 with extension before your expiry date....

I gotta ask: Do you feel that you need to serve the agency?

I serve no one.... I simply stated a fact if you want to get the NOA1 before your greencard expires then send it as soon as your 90 day window opens if you sent it just a few weeks before the expiry date then you run the risk of not getting the NOA1 in time.... and given the backlog of applications that USCIS have received due to the fee increase it is hardly surprising that everything is taking longer...

Kez

If you file late into your 90 day window then it is hardly their fault that you have not got your NOA1 with extension before your expiry date....

I serve no one.... I simply stated a fact if you want to get the NOA1 before your greencard expires then send it as soon as your 90 day window opens if you sent it just a few weeks before the expiry date then you run the risk of not getting the NOA1 in time.... and given the backlog of applications that USCIS have received due to the fee increase it is hardly surprising that everything is taking longer...

Kez

This was my point as well.

Considering the current 'goings-on' at USCIS, sending this in at any point after the very first day of '90 days prior to expirary' is "late".

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Kez

This was my point as well.

Considering the current 'goings-on' at USCIS, sending this in at any point after the very first day of '90 days prior to expirary' is "late".

If that's the case, why are posts like this from people who filed at CSC not exactly infrequent? I mean, this guy got his card 40 days after his NOA1, and filed more than two weeks after the fee increase.

THAT is the way it should be. I know you two are trying to dispense helpful advice, but (and no offense) you come across as USCIS trolls by heaping fault on people who are doing nothing more than following the rules. Which are, as Marilyn indicated, that you are to file anytime within the 90-day window. The OP filed only a month into that window.

Meh

Wow I am now a USCIS troll.......

so if you are going to a big store for a special sales event and you know that you have to arrive between 6:00am and 10:00am to get in the line or you miss out it is common sence that if you arrive at 6:00am you are going to be in plenty of time and will be ahead of the line... if you arrive at 9:00am you will still be in time but you are going to have to wait longer as there are more people in front of you....

seems like common sense to me....

Kez (USCIS Troll)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i went through CSC and I sent my form in about a month into my 90 days... I got my 10 year green card even before my old one had expired....

I know this isn't the norm but a lot of people who went through CSC got their 10 year cards pretty quickly....

it seems to me that the USCIS is able to process these forms quickly , if they wanted to....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so if you are going to a big store for a special sales event and you know that you have to arrive between 6:00am and 10:00am to get in the line or you miss out it is common sence that if you arrive at 6:00am you are going to be in plenty of time and will be ahead of the line... if you arrive at 9:00am you will still be in time but you are going to have to wait longer as there are more people in front of you....

Kez (USCIS Troll)

nobody said you are wrong in your logic. it makes perfect sense.

it's just the way you said it, kind of telling the OP to shut the ** up cause it's his fault.

it's like you arrived at the store at 6:00 am, and you point your finger and laugh in people's face that are at the end of the line because they showed up late. Maybe they didn't cash their checks before 8:30, maybe something else happened that made them late, but they still made it before 9:00 am. i'm sure they're not happy about it anyway, they don't need you patronizing them.

K1

AOS

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

Timeline

i have a solution for the future: :rolleyes:

if uscis can't process cases sent to them 30 days before deadline, then they should make a new rule: people should apply for removal of conditions in a 90 days window that ends 90 days before the green card expiration date!

:D :D

K1

AOS

07/24 - check cleared

Kez (USCIS Troll)

Seems like a deeply flawed comparison to me. The fact of the matter is that folks that arrived later - even at the very same store - are standing less in line (getting their cases adjudicated sooner) than those that arrived early. How does that fit into your scenario? :wacko:

I was not patronizing anyone I was pointing out that yes ok you have been waiting for a few weeks for the NOA1.... and they were blaming USCIS for taking too long.... yes its frustrating and yes USCIS should get the NOA1 out sooner... but if you want to be sure of having the NOA1 before your greencard expires then send the paperwork out as soon as the window opens....

And yes it is odd that people who filed later have their NOA1 but as we all know from passed applications USCIS are a law unto themselves....

But thank you for the personal remarks and good luck with your I-751's....

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

We had some issues with the mail being delivered to the wrong addy when we sent out our package. I too was very nervous as I had not heard anything and my GC expires on 09/13.

You might want to call the 1-800 mis-information line and see if you can get put through to an immigration officer. The one I spoke to was really helpful and had said that if we had not heard anything by the end of Aug, to call back and they would be able to produce one so that I would not be out of status while waiting on the extension letter.

Good luck!

Connor Isaac born April 18/05

connoratthepool2uc.th.jpg

untitled9os1.th.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.