LondonGooner

Oh no!

36 posts in this topic

My husband is a big LSU and Saints fan.... Last Thursday morning I was told "order pizza and put the telly on ESPN when I come home from work"

I must admit, last year was weird for me and I had him explaining the game all season long. I still cant believe that there are so many different teams that actually play the game as well as different coaches for each area of it.... weird!

Put blokes on the field for 30 mins? (cant remember how long each half was could be 45 or was it 45 and they changed it?) and if they come off they better be bleeding!

Go the All Blacks!!!!!! (This is not a anti racial remark this is the national rugby union team in NZ)

Go the Bronco's (Brisbane rugby league team - Australia)

Your husband and I would get along great! :blush:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody must like it otherwise there wouldn't be any sponsors thus no football on TV :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

The only American Football Game i watch is a College Game! Go Big Red :dance:

Go Big Red indeed! :thumbs:

Hubby watches mostly college football too. Too bad that we don't get too see most of the games that NE plays because we're in NC. We're excited though as NE is playing Wake Forest next weekend!!! We had to buy season tickets just so we can get seats otherwise, we'd have to pay the same price (and maybe more) just for one game.

So now, I'm teasing hubby that I will wear black (Go Deacs!) and he'll wear red (Go big red!) to be fair to both "home" teams. :lol:

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

They play that game with hands also and they call it football.... Come on football is "SOCCER" :P

I - 130

23/04/2007 I-130 sent

15/05/2007 NOA - 1 from CSC

15/11/2007 "Touched"

16/11/2007 Approved

19/11/2007 Got the NOA2 in mail.

I - 129

21/06/2007 I - 129 sent to Nebraska instead of Chicago

23/07/2007 NOA -1 from CSC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
And some silly American said my kind of football, soccer to the uneducated, is dull;

yes, because watching a bunch of guys kick a ball around for 90 minutes and score nothing to nothing only to be decided by P.Ks is not dull. Let's see, what do they do in SOCCER? Kick the ball. What else? Kick the ball. What else?--oh yeah, some guy might bounce the ball pointlessly into some totally random direction off his head once in a while. Exciting I tell you. The most interesting thing about SOCCER is the many different ways a team can score. Let's see, theres --kick the ball in the net for a point, and, uh.. kick the ball into the net for a point, and, oh! Penalty kick the ball into the net for the same point, and oh yeah, once in a thousand shots somebody will bounce the ball off his head for a point. Rivoting.

I would rather watch the Grand Jury testimony in the Michael Vick case than I would one hour of any championship SOCCER match.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Go Big Red indeed! :thumbs:

Hubby watches mostly college football too. Too bad that we don't get too see most of the games that NE plays because we're in NC. We're excited though as NE is playing Wake Forest next weekend!!! We had to buy season tickets just so we can get seats otherwise, we'd have to pay the same price (and maybe more) just for one game.

So now, I'm teasing hubby that I will wear black (Go Deacs!) and he'll wear red (Go big red!) to be fair to both "home" teams. :lol:

I watched NE play at home against Nevada on tv yesterday coz i havent recoverd from my surgery yet! :cry: but next home game i'm hoping to be there in Lincoln watchin it for myself and not from my couch!!! Nevada got there butts kicked B) ....i sat on the edge of the couch for the entire game :lol:

Separated!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

History of American football

The history of American football, the most popular spectator sport in the United States,[1] can be traced to early versions of rugby football. Both games have their origin in varieties of football played in the United Kingdom in the mid-nineteenth century, in which a ball is kicked at a goal or carried over a line. American football resulted from several major divergences from rugby, most notably the many rule changes instituted by Walter Camp, considered the "Father of American Football". Among these important changes were the introduction of the line of scrimmage and of down-and-distance rules.[2][3][4]

In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, gameplay developments by college coaches such as Amos Alonzo Stagg, Knute Rockne, and Glenn "Pop" Warner helped take advantage of the newly introduced forward pass. The popularity of collegiate football grew as it became the dominant version of the sport for the first half of the twentieth century. Bowl games, a college football tradition, attracted a national audience for many teams. Bolstered by fierce rivalries, college football still holds widespread appeal in the United States.

The origin of professional football can be traced back to 1892, with William "Pudge" Heffelfinger's $500 contract to play in a game for the Allegheny Athletic Association against the Pittsburgh Athletic Club. In 1920 the American Professional Football Association was formed. This league changed its name to the National Football League (NFL) two years later, and eventually became the major league of American football. Primarily a sport of Midwestern, industrial towns in the United States, professional football eventually became a national phenomenon. Football's increasing popularity is usually traced to the 1958 NFL Championship Game, a contest that has been dubbed the "Greatest Game Ever Played". A rival league to the NFL, the American Football League (AFL) formed in 1960; the pressure it put on the senior league led to a merger between the two leagues and the creation of the Super Bowl, which has become the most watched television event in the United States on an annual basis.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_football

Educate yourself/selves............................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Agrees with Fuzzness about Beckham :thumbs: he does suck :lol:

I'm a Scot as well and I don't even like him, he's overrated, think's he's the bees nees and all that sh!te he needs to get over himself...there are loads of other talented fitba players in the UK just as good as him, if not better!

Cricket!! :lol: i dont get that game neither - to me its a boring man's game, but thats just my opinion!!

Wisconsin=Big Red :P

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

This whole "Football"/"Soccer" thing reminds me of back when I lived on the West Coast I was in a bar talking to this guy who was berating "Soccer" for some reason, and I asked him why they call American Football, "Football", if you don't use your feet to kick the ball (that often). His answer was simple and the logic is so flawless that even I to this day can't think of a good response:

'Its called "Football" because the game is played with a Football!'

As for me, I can't get my self to give a ####### about NFL, but I enjoy College Football (especially as I live in a town with a Big Ten team).

Edited by Dr_LHA

Timeline

I'm a Scot as well and I don't even like him, he's overrated, think's he's the bees nees and all that sh!te he needs to get over himself...there are loads of other talented fitba players in the UK just as good as him, if not better!

Cricket!! :lol: i dont get that game neither - to me its a boring man's game, but thats just my opinion!!

Wisconsin=Big Red :P

na uh Nebraska = Big Red :P didnt even know Wisconsin had a College Football team :whistle:

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

I'm a Scot as well and I don't even like him

A Scot who doesn't like an England player? Colour me surprised.

Timeline

I'm a Scot as well and I don't even like him

A Scot who doesn't like an England player? Colour me surprised.

:whistle:

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Be very careful how you speak to Americans. Calling them all uneducated is no way to make friends in a nation you wish to become part of! All Americans call SOCCER, soccer. So, this means all Americans are uneducated?? You could always just go back to the UK and watch footsie ball on TV without even thinking about real Football. Just a thought. Oh, and by the way....what a great investment Beckham turned out to be.....hehe

Well okay, I can see how offence could be taken at what I wrote although none was intended. Sorry but remember my wife is American so for me to say all Americans are uneducated would be an insult to my wife who is an extremely intelligent and savvy woman... and she would kick my butt if I called her uneducated :P Perhaps a better word would have been "unenlightened" because I am sure that if more American people understood football (soccer) they would see how it is a far more superior and entertaining sport to (American) football. Unfortunately, I don't think the addition of Beckham to the MLS will be sufficient enough to generate long-term interest in the game over here, considering how he seems to be made of glass, but showing all Arsenal matches on one of the major networks would show unknowing Americans just how beautiful the game is and convert many a misguided soul :thumbs:

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.