Rodgiegirl

I'm so lonely!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
In all honesty- I am more lonely here in the US with my husband.

I'm still adjusting and it can be tough sometimes. I miss my family and friends. I can't work yet- I am bored and frustrated.

It was tough going through the visa process and being separated- but there was an end and I am back in the US. I am happy about that.

I know it will take some time to find my place here.

Great introspection, Stacy! The adjustment is difficult and sometimes a lonely road. :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sasha and I drown ourselves in work while we are waiting. We are fortunate to be with each other every few months. And this really helps through the long wait. We're always counting the exact days until our next meeting. Instead of one long wait we have several shorter waits.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to add a little....

FOR ME...I think about everything D is giving up to come here and it overwhelms me....so now that the petition is underway & there's an actual endate (it's unknown, but there is one)...that date is coming quickly! So he's going to miss so much...I can't see how it's fair to have him sat in on the end of the phone while his life as he knows it is passing him by...

So as much as the distance sucks and I hate not being able to have hours-long convos, it makes me happy to know he's having fun & soaking up experiences. Many times, he'll be all 'I just wanna stay in with you' until I point out 'when's the next time you'll be able to go over to Ireland to watch pre-season matches with your buddies?' or 'when's the next time you can see Prince in London?'

So I actually wind up talking him into doing a lot of stuff he prolly wouldn't. But I have him for the rest of our lives...a few months of doing the fly-by hi thing aint gonna kill us. Plus, I don't want him coming here kicking himself with regret over this that or the other.

Did it crack you up? :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
msger helps the time and loneliness pass

so does masturbation :hehe:

etaL and now i see what ls wrote :blush:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
msger helps the time and loneliness pass

so does masturbation :hehe:

Hi, welcome to 50 mins ago....

:P

ya shoulda pm'ed me and given me a time schedule to post :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Oh, but this way was more entertaining :P

am i gonna have to get mimi to climb another tree? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, but this way was more entertaining :P

As much as I miss my SO I am truly grateful that he is NOT over seas where our soldiers from both sides of the border are at this moment, I' just keep telling myself that this will come to end,but at least he isn't in any danger of getting killed at any moment!

I was watching TV last night a show called the homefront, it profiled five familes and the sacrafies they've had to make while their SO is over seas for several months at a time and not knowing for sure if they were gonna come home alive, my niece and her husband were profiled on this show,she miscarried their baby and he had to find out via e-mail, And ya know after watching that I realised just how lucky I am because if we are missing each other more then we can stand then he can just jump on a plane and fly up for a weekend or call several times a day if needed where as our soldiers and their familes don't have that option! So as much as I miss him and as lonely as I get sometimes I just think of all those families who are apart from each other because they are defending our countries to keep us safe,then I don't feel so bad then,because I know that he is safe! What we are goin through doesn't seem all that bad after all! Because we do know that it will come to an end at some point,so chin up it could be alot worse, like other posters have said keep busy and it will work out in the end!