• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just know that you all will make it through! Hicham and I went through 1 year and 2 months of AP! I know this sounds impossible to do...but you just have to try and not think about it so much. Try and find some volunteer work or some sort of hobby that will take up your time. Preparing for the birth of our son and then once he got here really made the time fly for me...

We still have probably another 6 months of waiting before we have a final answer. Just keep in your mind that things happen for a reason and that the days without your SO will make those days that you are finally together all the more sweeter!

Hugs to you all! :)

Allousa

bighug.gif

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

I think his sister works at the DOS!!!

Thanks to all that have responded .... I know there are many in this boat that have been waiting longer and I pray that everything starts moving soon (I think they need to hire more people for the security name check area -- I would like to officially suggest that does anyone have the name and phone number of the person I can discuss this with?)

I was in a moment of weakness this morning!!!

I JUST WANTED TO SCREAM - YELL - CRY -- I MISS HIM --- DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT?????

(You people meaning the government employees)

Well I have put the smile back on my face! I did my two favorite things -- shopping and listened to the sweet sounds of Marco -- That always seems to help!

Thanks Again for the responses it is nice to have people that can understand this awful pit of hell we are all going through or have gone through!

Malarie

Hey Jackie -- are you gettin ready????? the time is coming near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've posted this info before...but seems like a good time to post it again....

Our congress Rep that helped us to get our file out of the local CIS office and on to NVC (9 months WASTED just sitting in local CIS office), was somewhat helpful in getting the file to Casa. However, she did tell me that once we went into the FBI background checks (which is what AP is), that this is where we would be waiting the longest. It's actually not CIS that is handling the background checks but Homeland Security. According to her, their information systems are so outdated that in some cases, background checks are being done by old fashioned phone calls and on foot! When I hear about how much dayum $$$$ is going to Homeland Security and then I hear ####### like this...

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up. :)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our congress Rep that helped us to get our file out of the local CIS office and on to NVC (9 months WASTED just sitting in local CIS office), was somewhat helpful in getting the file to Casa. However, she did tell me that once we went into the FBI background checks (which is what AP is), that this is where we would be waiting the longest. It's actually not CIS that is handling the background checks but Homeland Security. According to her, their information systems are so outdated that in some cases, background checks are being done by old fashioned phone calls and on foot! When I hear about how much dayum $$$$ is going to Homeland Security and then I hear ####### like this...

OK, now, let me review this cuz I know we are gonna end up in the quagmire known as the black hole. :wacko:

AP=means that you passed the interview (ha, that is a good one) and that SO's name has been sent to USA for FBI check????? And that unless your SO is a psycho terrorist, etc, you will eventually be given your visa, it may just take days/months/years/centuries????

AR=means that you didn't pass the interview, BUT your visa wasn't just thrown out, but that your papers are being sent back to probably California to be put at the bottom of the pile to "wait to be reviewed"????? And now I am hearing, the visa will probably end up being canceled, cuz, poor things, they have too much work to do???? Hey, didn't we just hear that fees were increased to cover more help????

SOL=Sh** Out of Luck=hee hee=means they hated your SO at the interview, don't believe a word you say, and are gonna throw your papers somewhere in some vast pile that will never be seen again???? :wacko:

I have to say sorry for being so sarcastic, but dang it, I just resent somebody sitting in Casa deciding my future and whether or not I will have to spend all of my hard-earned money running back and forth to Morocco to prove to some wacko who really doesn't care that I love my fiance.????

Let's start a new requirement: All Americans that want to get married must pass the same standards as us. The sound you hear is the shuffle of papers being thrown into the garbage cuz nobody could endure the wait and pass the requirements..... :whistle:

Anyway, one week til our interview and I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Then, I'm off to Marrakech on the 21st of September--can't wait to see my honey......Sorry for droning on, but it's been a long day.... :blush:

OK, now, let me review this cuz I know we are gonna end up in the quagmire known as the black hole. :wacko:

AP=means that you passed the interview (ha, that is a good one) and that SO's name has been sent to USA for FBI check????? And that unless your SO is a psycho terrorist, etc, you will eventually be given your visa, it may just take days/months/years/centuries????

AR=means that you didn't pass the interview, BUT your visa wasn't just thrown out, but that your papers are being sent back to probably California to be put at the bottom of the pile to "wait to be reviewed"????? And now I am hearing, the visa will probably end up being canceled, cuz, poor things, they have too much work to do???? Hey, didn't we just hear that fees were increased to cover more help????

SOL=Sh** Out of Luck=hee hee=means they hated your SO at the interview, don't believe a word you say, and are gonna throw your papers somewhere in some vast pile that will never be seen again???? :wacko:

I have to say sorry for being so sarcastic, but dang it, I just resent somebody sitting in Casa deciding my future and whether or not I will have to spend all of my hard-earned money running back and forth to Morocco to prove to some wacko who really doesn't care that I love my fiance.????

Let's start a new requirement: All Americans that want to get married must pass the same standards as us. The sound you hear is the shuffle of papers being thrown into the garbage cuz nobody could endure the wait and pass the requirements..... :whistle:

Anyway, one week til our interview and I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Then, I'm off to Marrakech on the 21st of September--can't wait to see my honey......Sorry for droning on, but it's been a long day.... :blush:

I think that little shuffle is more likely to be a sonic boom. If domestic couples were made to fill out this much paper, pay this much money, and go through this kind of hell just to get married, the resulting pile of abandoned paperwork would fill the parking lot. When I tell someone what we had to go through just to get married, I get these "You're nuts" or "No man is worth that" look. There are lots of men worth that, my man, your man, and all the others married or engaged to the women of this forum. We all work hard for the privlege to get married, and watch others squander that gift. Its disgusting, its ridiculous, and most of my family and friends would fail miserably if forced to work this hard for their spouse.

We all get through it eventually. And none of us got through without crying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

4 months and counting :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is incorrect. If you are in AP or AR you have passed the interview. If you do not pass the interview your case will be outright denied and they will tell you as much and send the file back to USCIS in the USA.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is incorrect. If you are in AP or AR you have passed the interview. If you do not pass the interview your case will be outright denied and they will tell you as much and send the file back to USCIS in the USA.

SO then if you don't pass the interview (No, sorry, I don't know the exact date that my fiance took her first step, and sorry, I don't think she ever mentioned the exact second, minute, hour, day that she graduated from middle school, and sorry, I just can't seem to remember what she said about what exact shows she watches on television and what times they are on and what days they are on....blah blah blah.... :whistle:

ANYWAY, sorry I got carried away there in interview Hell :innocent:

.....Back to the question. Let's just say on the distance chance that a person does not get "past" their interview, what paper do they hand him? And what does it say? AND when it goes back to USCIS, does it get "reviewed", shredded, or what???? AND, how long do you have to wait to re-apply? Thanks..... :devil:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

My understanding is that AP and AR are the same thing, just two different names. and Nervously Waiting, I know you are nervously waiting but you also should remind yourself and your SO that every Arab man goes through AP/AR. Everyone. the only difference is how long people have to wait and although we have all speculated the fact is no one really knows what is happening during those days/weeks/months of black hole.

I got through it by absolutely 100% expecting it, as there are no exceptions, and expecting it to last for quite a while. When it ended sooner than we expected it was like a special gift! (its the old, hope for the best but plan for the worst philosophy!)

its a total drag for those who have to wait LONGER than expected and especially frustrating to never be able to get a straight answer.

HANG IN THERE everyone!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.