8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband arrived last April(06) after we spent a few months in the UK together. I haven't filed for his EAD or SSN because I haven't been sure I wanted to stay married. We will have been married 3 years this Oct. We're both in our early twenties and I dont think either of us was prepared for marriage. We have been trying to make it work all year and I'm about to start LPN school. I just don't think I can handle the stress of this marriage anymore and school all while trying to work still. We have agreed to divorce and his family is helping to buy the plane ticket. This means he will be gone before the final hearing but I've told him he has to stay at least until I serve him with the papers. Even if I serve him soon, I have to wait 90 days so our divorce wont be done till Dec.

I know I have to inform the USIC about our divorce but how does the UK know that we're divorcing? Could he return to the UK and remarry before our divorce is final? I don't think he has plans to remarry soon but I'm curious about how the UK would know about our divorce. Also does the Affidavit of Support only apply when he is still in the country? Or will my mother and I still be responsible for him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, if he's still here in The U.S and ur mother and U. supporting him, Yes you are still responsible, at everything. until to call USCIS and to cancel ur papers from there ! and also till he leave the country, otherwise he's still in ur responsibility. to make call USCIS ..

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Timeline
My husband arrived last April(06) after we spent a few months in the UK together. I haven't filed for his EAD or SSN because I haven't been sure I wanted to stay married. We will have been married 3 years this Oct. We're both in our early twenties and I dont think either of us was prepared for marriage. We have been trying to make it work all year and I'm about to start LPN school. I just don't think I can handle the stress of this marriage anymore and school all while trying to work still. We have agreed to divorce and his family is helping to buy the plane ticket. This means he will be gone before the final hearing but I've told him he has to stay at least until I serve him with the papers. Even if I serve him soon, I have to wait 90 days so our divorce wont be done till Dec.

I know I have to inform the USIC about our divorce but how does the UK know that we're divorcing? Could he return to the UK and remarry before our divorce is final? I don't think he has plans to remarry soon but I'm curious about how the UK would know about our divorce. Also does the Affidavit of Support only apply when he is still in the country? Or will my mother and I still be responsible for him?

The obligation under the Affidavit of Support, is binding and extant until one of the following occurs:

1. petitioner dies

2. alien dies

3. alien leaves the US permanently

4. alien contributes 40 quarters worth of Social Security deposits, through working

5. alien becomes a US citizen

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

deleted

Edited by jane2005

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

The obligation under the Affidavit of Support, is binding and extant until one of the following occurs:

1. petitioner dies

2. alien dies

3. alien leaves the US permanently

4. alien contributes 40 quarters worth of Social Security deposits, through working

5. alien becomes a US citizen

Not sure at all [ [Not a lawyer] but if OP only submitted a I-134 it isn't as legally binding as a I-864.

I never have seen what the exact differences are!

Anyone know for sure?

Weird as I-134 has to be notarized and the I-864 doesn't!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your replies. But does anyone know how the UK knows if we divorce or not? He's threatening to leave before we sign the divorce papers and I dont want him to be able to just remarry over there while I'm still waiting for the divorce to be final.

Thanks for your replies. But does anyone know how the UK knows if we divorce or not? He's threatening to leave before we sign the divorce papers and I dont want him to be able to just remarry over there while I'm still waiting for the divorce to be final.

Your (soon to be ex) husband will get a copy of the divorce judgment. He will use that to show proof that he is legal to marry if and when he wants to do so in the future.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Married is married. Divorced is divorced. If he marries again while still married to you, that's between him, his new wife and the law where he and his new wife live. You don't get to divorce and then control his life too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.