enzomadcap

Letters from Citizen to support I-751 : Handwritten or not?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am working on putting together the packet with the I-751 form for lisfting the condition on my CR1, and I was wondering if my 3 friends who are going do some notarized letters testimoning that me and my wife are having a real relationship, have to be handwritten or can be typed...

Anyone had done this before could help me?

Thank You!

Vince.

Mine were typed.

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I am working on putting together the packet with the I-751 form for lisfting the condition on my CR1, and I was wondering if my 3 friends who are going do some notarized letters testimoning that me and my wife are having a real relationship, have to be handwritten or can be typed...

Thank You!

Vince.

Since you are submitting official documents to the United States Immigration Service for a legal process, handwriting is not appropriate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thank You!

Vince.

Look at the example affidavit I posted in the pinned thread at the top of this forum. I would not use anything other than that format.

Notarizing a letter merely means the notary is verifying the identity of the letter writer. The instructions specify sworn affidavits, which is the form the example is in.

Also, look at the I-751's instructions for affidavits -- they state that affidavits need to be supported by other evidence (which you would attach to the affidavit as exhibits, and which would be referred to in the affidavit as, e.g., "Exhibit A attached hereto," etc.).

Meh

hi Vince,

i am on a CR1 visa too when i arrived here in US. and im due to lift my conditions soon. and just like everybody else i want to be ready too. are CR1 due for biometrics also? and what is that for? me and my husband are renting our home now with no lease contract from our landlord, when i got here my husband was there already and its just verbal agreement with the owner of the house. what document should i send if i may ask. thanks

aying

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

all the letters I included were typed

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Our letters were typed and notarized ;)

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.