Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've had real difficulty trying to get my vaccination and immunisation records from my local practice. They can't find any of my medical records sent from my previous practice despite several phone calls for about two months.

Nonetheless, this week I went to the practice and received an MMR booster, a flu jab, as well as diphtheria and tetanus (with polio, not pertussis given it is fairly restricted to pregnant women). I got these documented for my medical.

For the medical, I'm under the impression that it helps to have doctor's records showing that I had a full course of MMR and pertussis as a baby. Given the difficulties getting my medical records, I've given up trying to get a formal record from my practice. However, I do have a 'Child Health Record' book which states the names of my childhood doctor and was filled in for my first three years. These include handwritten dates, written by mother, indicating that I had MMR (x1) and pertussis (x3). Would this Child Health Record suffice to fulfil the Knightsbridge medical with recourse to a Civil Surgeon at AOS?

Simon.

P.S. It should be noted that I had chicken pox when I was young but I don't have any records of this at all.

Hi all,

I've had real difficulty trying to get my vaccination and immunisation records from my local practice. They can't find any of my medical records sent from my previous practice despite several phone calls for about two months.

Nonetheless, this week I went to the practice and received an MMR booster, a flu jab, as well as diphtheria and tetanus (with polio, not pertussis given it is fairly restricted to pregnant women). I got these documented for my medical.

For the medical, I'm under the impression that it helps to have doctor's records showing that I had a full course of MMR and pertussis as a baby. Given the difficulties getting my medical records, I've given up trying to get a formal record from my practice. However, I do have a 'Child Health Record' book which states the names of my childhood doctor and was filled in for my first three years. These include handwritten dates, written by mother, indicating that I had MMR (x1) and pertussis (x3). Would this Child Health Record suffice to fulfil the Knightsbridge medical with recourse to a Civil Surgeon at AOS?

Simon.

P.S. It should be noted that I had chicken pox when I was young but I don't have any records of this at all.

The Knightsbridge website tells what to bring http://www.visamedicals.info/us-bring.asp

It says Children's 'Red Book' health record is acceptable. Is that what you have?

Assuming you have no records, If your medical is within four weeks of the recent MMR jab, you will be excused for "insufficient time Interval" from Dose 2 and never have to get it, despite what the nurse tells you. Otherwise you will be due the second MMR and need it documented as received if you want to be complete.

They take your word for it if you tell them you had chickenpox. No documentation needed.

Hopefully your childhood shot record works. It probably will.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I really hope that the childhood records is sufficient too. I can't believe it has taken so long to get nowhere with my health records at the GP. I started this all some time before Christmas. Nonetheless, I have everything that I could think that might be useful to supplement the absence of those records.

As for the "red boo", it depends on what is meant by the the red book being in quotation marks in the link, really. I do not have the a red book but instead have a blue book, but it does say "Child Health Record". I’m under the impression that the blue book version of the Child Health Record that I was have was a precursor to what is now commonly referred to as the red book. The red book was brought in during either the 1990s or 2000s (some time after I was born) and standardised the child health record across different geographical health jurisdictions which had previously designed their own versions before then, of which my blue book was one of those versions. I am hoping that the quotation marks on the webpage you kindly offered as a nod to the unstandardized books being acceptable.

Edited by simonschus

I think it is maybe just a reference to what people commonly called it...the red book instead of it's proper name. Sounds like you are fine, especially since you can blind them with your dates and knowledge of the history. :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Sounds like you are over worrying your jabs records

I had nothing pre medical, I hadn't even visited my GP, I just rolled up for the medical and they gave me the jabs I required

Hi all,

Knightsbridge completed my medical, including the vaccination documentation worksheet yesterday.I’m confused by something on the vaccination documentation worksheet. I know that box 2 doesn’t get ticked for a K-1 so I’m not concerned about this at all. However, I’m confused by something in box 1 (as a reminder, here is the form: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/ds3025.pdf)
In box 1, I have a letter in the box on the far right (A, D or B depending on the vaccine). That looks all fine and without a problem. However, Knightsbridge haven’t ticked the box on the left hand side for any of the vaccines. There is no tick to the left of the MMR, DT/DTP/DTAp or TD vaccines despite either having the blanket waiver or the dates of the vaccine. The only box that has been ticked is the Varicella history box.
Is this normal? Or is it an error?
Simon.

Hi all,

Knightsbridge completed my medical, including the vaccination documentation worksheet yesterday.Im confused by something on the vaccination documentation worksheet. I know that box 2 doesnt get ticked for a K-1 so Im not concerned about this at all. However, Im confused by something in box 1 (as a reminder, here is the form: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/ds3025.pdf)

In box 1, I have a letter in the box on the far right (A, D or B depending on the vaccine). That looks all fine and without a problem. However, Knightsbridge havent ticked the box on the left hand side for any of the vaccines. There is no tick to the left of the MMR, DT/DTP/DTAp or TD vaccines despite either having the blanket waiver or the dates of the vaccine. The only box that has been ticked is the Varicella history box.

Is this normal? Or is it an error?

Simon.

I think because they have a waiver code or date received, it is okay. Call them and ask them to pull out your sheet and explain it to you. I've seen others not checked (posted photo of DS-3025 from Knightsbridge).

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hi everyone! Thought I'd offer a quick account of my experience of a CR1 visa medical in London. First of all, everything that has been said before on this forum is completely true: all the staff I encountered were very friendly, helpful, and professional. Nothing to worry about!

My appointment was at 10:30 on a Tuesday. I arrived ten minutes early, handed my documents and passport to the receptionist, and was given a slightly more detailed questionnaire to fill in, consisting of Yes/No check boxes. Gave that back to reception and sat in the comfortable waiting room. At about 10:50 I was called through to get an X-ray. This was very quick, and a nice South African lady did mine. Then I was sent to a ladies only waiting room, I guess because we're wearing robes at this point (still jeans and shoes on though). Girls, you are allowed to put your bra back on after the X-ray, which I would recommend - more comfortable under the robe!

After just a few minutes I heard the nurse call my name so I poked my head out into the corridor. I followed her to her office to discuss my vaccinations record. She was lovely and had a relaxed manner; useful when your job is to jab people with needles!

I would like to make clear the vaccination requirements for a CR1 visa. I'm sure it's been said many times in this forum, but just so there's a recent account for people having their medical soon.

1) You need to have had two MMR vaccinations in your lifetime. My last one was 2004, so I don't think there's an "expiration date" for MMRs.

2) You need to have had a tetanus shot within the last ten years. I hadn't, so I opted to pay Knightsbridge to get one there and then (£35).

3) Finally, if your medical is between October - March, then this is considered flu season and you will need a flu jab. Again, I paid the nurse to do it there (£22).

If you have time, I suggest getting the relevant vaccinations done at your GP and updating your record, before your medical. It will be a LOT cheaper! The nurse did give me the option of getting my shots at my local GP after the medical, and faxing the updated vaccinations record to the Knightsbridge office. I just didn't want to take a chance on the paperwork not arriving, something going wrong, etc.

Then I would say I waited from about 11:00 - 11:30 before I saw the doctor (a friendly woman from New Zealand). She was extremely efficient and puts you at ease. I was with her for about 20 minutes, then I paid at reception and was out the door by 12:00. So my appointment took about 90 minutes in total; however, there was another woman I got chatting to whose appointment time was at 11:20, and she left the building at the same time as me! I think it just depends how busy they are at certain times - allow 90 minutes just in case, but I think that's the longest you would be.

Good luck!

Does anyone have any experience of the London medical with a permanent medical condition?

What sort of information or documents should I start to gather for the medical?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Does anyone have any experience of the London medical with a permanent medical condition?

What sort of information or documents should I start to gather for the medical?

I have and I got my doctor to write a letter detailing the condition, ongoing medication & treatment requirements

The doctor looked at the letter asked a few questions and said it was fine

Wasn't asked anything about it during the interview :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Thanks Trudi, that's good to know.

I have a bunch of letters detailing my progress and so on. Every time I go to see the neurologist he writes a summary of the appointment and sends it to me on headed paper from the hospital. I've kept all of these because I scan them and email them to my husband. He likes to know what's being said! I think I will take them in a folder in chronological order so that they can read through them if they wish.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 2 weeks later...

I got to London for 12pm, I was having my medical at the Bentinck Mansions location, after having a quick lunch I hopped on the Victoria line from Kings Cross to Oxford Circus then on to the central line to the next stop which was Bond Street, the doctors is pretty easy to find from the station it is a 5 minute walk.

I arrived at the doctors for 1.15pm, it is very easy to find and you press button number 4 to enter (its a building split into apartments and the doctors) you go through the main doors and there is a door on your right, you enter here for the doctors and it is signposted. At reception a lovely lady took my documents and then gave me a questionnaire to fill out this consisted of 'yes/no' tick boxes, asked about any medication being taken and any previous operations. I took this back to reception once I had completed it and was told go to back and wait in the waiting room.

About 10 minutes later a guy came and got me for my x-ray he was really nice, he told me to get changed behind a curtain and put on a robe which is just like a thin dressing gown really, I had to then stand facing the xray plate, you put your hands behind you and hold on to this bean bag type thing with shoulders forward and take a deep breath when he asks, he removed the plate and put the picture up on his computer and explained what he was looking for and where everything is, he was very chatty and put me at ease!

I was then directed to a room right next door and was met by the vaccinations nurse, she was very jolly and chatty which made me feel calm, we went through my vaccination record together and she explained the various ways I could obtain my vaccinations needed for my medical -:
*Get them there and then.
*Get them done by my own GP.
*Get them done in America once over there.
I only needed a tetanus booster as I had been to my own GP previously and got updated with a Flu jab and MMR jab, I paid £35 to have her do the jab then, she told me that it was best as it would save a lot of hassle trying to get it sorted after the medical, she also said they don't tick the vaccinations sheet as complete as the K1 is non-immigrant even though it goes through as both immigrant and non-immigrant, if married the complete box would be ticked.

After this I sat in a ladies only waiting room, I still had the blue gown on since the x-ray, (you keep your trousers & shoes on! I was allowed to put my bra back on which made it more comfier, after a 20 minute wait a lovely female doctor came and got me, she was young and very chatty and friendly which was very helpful, I get anxious and very nervous at doctors and hospitals but she was great.

Once in the doctors room we went through the questionnaire I had filled in earlier in the waiting room this included all the 'yes/'no' tick boxes, most the questions were "Do you smoke?" "Have you ever done drugs?"etc just simple questions, it also stated about any medication currently being taken and if any operations previously.
If you have had surgery in the past take any information you can get like a letter from your doctor explaining when you had the surgery and why, also get them to include any ongoing treatment etc if required.
After this was done she took my height and weight, I then sat on the bed and had an eye test reading from a chart, she checked my throat and eyes. I then had to lie down and she checked my lymph nodes which were fine, she checked my skin over and checked a scar I had from an operation aged 5.
My blood pressure was checked next, she stated it was a little high but due to the circumstances she understood this and I explained my blood pressure has been fine on previous doctor visits, next came the dreaded blood test which was fine but I have a lovely big bruise this morning! She then pressed on my tummy, checked my back and got me to take some big breaths whilst she listened to my chest she took my pulse too and said everything seems fine.

She checked my private parts, all this involved was a quick look down below that was it, she retook my blood pressure which was still high but she said she was not concerned too much about it.

I was then allowed to get dressed and sat back at her desk, she has requested some information regarding the operation I had when I was 5, this does not cause me any problems now but she wants to know the reason as to why it was carried out and I had completely forgotten about even getting any doctors notes about it as its not affected me growing up or anything.

I sat back in the waiting room and got called to pay for the medical plus jab which was £285
I've written a letter for my own doctors giving permission to access my medical files to get the information needed for Knightsbridge and I'm just hoping it won't take too long to get the information required.

Just glad its over with! fingers crossed my doctors won't take forever accessing my files to get the information needed.

**I am the Beneficiary from the UK**

K1 Journey

Got Engaged - December 2nd, 2015 :wub:
Posted I-129F to Dallas, TX, - December 2nd
I-129F Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - December 7th 2015
Received NOA1 E Notification - December 10th 2015
NOA1 Hardcopy Recieved - December 14th 2015
NOA2 Notification - January 27th 2016 49 days from NOA1
Rang and Received LDN number from NVC - 8th February 2016
Medical - 4th March 2016
*Knightsbridge required more medical information*
Case completed and being sent to Embassy from Knightsbridge 23rd March 2016
Interview Date: 21st April 2016
APPROVED!! :DVisa Issued: 25th of April 2016
Visa ready for Delivery: 27th April 2016
Visa Delivered & in hand: 28th April 2016
POE Phoenix - 12th May 2016
Married - 28th of May 2016

AOS Journey

AOS sent to Chicago Lockbox 5th July 2016
Arrived at Chicago Lockbox 7th July 2016
3 texts/Emails NOA1 11 July 2016
Hardcopies Recieved in the mail 16th July 2016
Case numbers start working on the USCIS website 7th September 2016
Infopass appointment Scheduled for 09/15/2016 at local office.
EAD and AP updated to "Approved!" -14th September 2016
Infopass appointment and Biometrics completed 15th September 2016
EAD updated to "Card being produced!" 15 September 2016
Biometrics scheduled 28th September 2016 - Completed
Recieved hardcopies of the approval notices for EAD and AP 19th September 2016
EAD status changed to "Card mailed" - 22nd September 2016
EAD/AP combo card in hand - 29th September 2016
AOS Interview - 21st December 2016 - Approved!!
Card Production ordered. - 21st December 2016
AOS status changed to "Card was mailed" - 27th December 2016

Recieved Greencard in the mail - 29th December 2016

ROC - September 2018

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Post-medical question here that is relevant to adjustment of status after arriving on a K1 visa. I believe that Knightsbridge gives you a photocopy of the DS3025 vaccination supplement at the end of your visit for the medical, and that you can submit this photocopy with your Form I-485 should you want (but I'm under the impression that photocopy isn't essential and that the immigration officials have these documents anyway in the sealed envelope that you hand over at the POE).

Now, I've got the vaccination supplement but I note that it is Page 1 of 2 and they didn't provide me with the second page. All they provided me with is Page 1 of 2 with all the ticks, dates, and waivers. This is stapled to a sheet from Knightsbridge informing me that the document will be useful for adjustment of status. Should Knightsbridge have also given me the second page of the DS3025 too, or is it entirely normal that they don't? As an aside, there was nothing exceptional about my medical (i.e. no previous operations nor ongoing health concerns; no abnormalities identified).

I have uploaded here both the first page of the DS3025 and the stapled attachment just in case these help others at all. Obviously, I don't have the second page of the DS3025 to upload.

Simon.

P.S. I am trusting/presuming that Knightsbridge filled out my DS3025 correctly and that the original would be fine for the AOS, meaning I don't really need to do anything special when submitting the I-485.

post-222784-0-36910400-1458773818_thumb.jpg

post-222784-0-47815800-1458774528_thumb.jpg

Edited by simonschus

Hi all,

Post-medical question here that is relevant to adjustment of status after arriving on a K1 visa. I believe that Knightsbridge gives you a photocopy of the DS3025 vaccination supplement at the end of your visit for the medical, and that you can submit this photocopy with your Form I-485 should you want (but I'm under the impression that photocopy isn't essential and that the immigration officials have these documents anyway in the sealed envelope that you hand over at the POE).

Now, I've got the vaccination supplement but I note that it is Page 1 of 2 and they didn't provide me with the second page. All they provided me with is Page 1 of 2 with all the ticks, dates, and waivers. This is stapled to a sheet from Knightsbridge informing me that the document will be useful for adjustment of status. Should Knightsbridge have also given me the second page of the DS3025 too, or is it entirely normal that they don't? As an aside, there was nothing exceptional about my medical (i.e. no previous operations nor ongoing health concerns; no abnormalities identified).

I have uploaded here both the first page of the DS3025 and the stapled attachment just in case these help others at all. Obviously, I don't have the second page of the DS3025 to upload.

Simon.

P.S. I am trusting/presuming that Knightsbridge filled out my DS3025 correctly and that the original would be fine for the AOS, meaning I don't really need to do anything special when submitting the I-485.

Looks about the same as the form given to my husband. Yes, the officer *should* in theory have the documents on file, but if I understood it correctly, the purpose of sending a photocopy of the DS3025 is to 'remind' them to go looking for it in the first place, or to remind them that you are compliant or something. We certainly sent in our photocopy and made note of it on our coversheet, can't hurt you know.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

The second page has nothing important on it. Not needed.

Your form is perfect except Knightsbridge won't mark complete on a K1 and some USCIS offices reject it. I would use it anyway and see what happens. Many, many are fine with it like that. No guarantees your AOS officer read the handbook.

For more details see my pinned topic in AOS forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.