caviar22

South Beach

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mother did the south beach diet and she is doing amazingly too. I am doing the zone diet and exerciseing at the gym, lost almost 50 pounds in the last 5 months whoo hoo. Cheers to us all for getting healthy.

Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

We bought the book yesterday....so that's the first step!!! Will let you know how we get on when we start the diet :yes:

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

my wife and i are starting next week. this is the first serious diet i will have been on so it will be interesting to see what happens.

matt

I thank the guy I work with and I just sent the book to my sister. Pay it forward....

great myths here

SBD myths

"5. I'm going on a diet called South Beach to lose weight.

Good for you! Congratulations for taking the first step to a hopefully healthier and lighter you! However, and there is always a however, there are two problems here. When you say you are going "on a diet" it kind of implies that at some point you are going to go "off the diet" or that it is a temporary or short term commitment. If you think you can lose weight by eating one way and then go back to your old way of eating that put the weight on in the first place and NOT put the weight on again, you are by Einstein's definition at least, "insane". This is not a "diet" in the short term sense of the word. It is truly a lifestyle change eating program that to be effective over the long term, has to be, well, long term! Use the definition of the word "diet" that means the typical food and drink you regularly consume and you will do a whole lot better than the more normal, but secondary, meaning of a short term plan to lose weight for cosmetic purposes. "

thanks for that rch. i look at it as a diet because there are foods you are "not allowed" to have. be it the first 2 weeks or ever. it's even called the south beach DIET.

but i understand where you are coming from and we should be making lifestyle changes, not just changing what we eat for a time and then going back to what we did before.

congratulations to everyone for making the choice to do something about their weight and good luck to us all.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up! :thumbs: The South Beach Diet is great if you can stick to it. I did it about 2 years ago and lost about 20 lbs, but I'm a bread & pasta lover and as soon as I started eating my bread & pasta again (even the whole wheat stuff) my back side started growing again! :lol: I have to admit though, I do not have the will-power to do the diet forever.

my wife and i are starting next week. this is the first serious diet i will have been on so it will be interesting to see what happens.

matt

I thank the guy I work with and I just sent the book to my sister. Pay it forward....

great myths here

SBD myths

"5. I'm going on a diet called South Beach to lose weight.

Good for you! Congratulations for taking the first step to a hopefully healthier and lighter you! However, and there is always a however, there are two problems here. When you say you are going "on a diet" it kind of implies that at some point you are going to go "off the diet" or that it is a temporary or short term commitment. If you think you can lose weight by eating one way and then go back to your old way of eating that put the weight on in the first place and NOT put the weight on again, you are by Einstein's definition at least, "insane". This is not a "diet" in the short term sense of the word. It is truly a lifestyle change eating program that to be effective over the long term, has to be, well, long term! Use the definition of the word "diet" that means the typical food and drink you regularly consume and you will do a whole lot better than the more normal, but secondary, meaning of a short term plan to lose weight for cosmetic purposes. "

thanks for that rch. i look at it as a diet because there are foods you are "not allowed" to have. be it the first 2 weeks or ever. it's even called the south beach DIET.

but i understand where you are coming from and we should be making lifestyle changes, not just changing what we eat for a time and then going back to what we did before.

congratulations to everyone for making the choice to do something about their weight and good luck to us all.

matt

If you read the book the Doctor doesn't like the name SB Diet either. But it's really a change in diet versus an overall classic, starve yourself DIET.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG