Rabadiady

K1 visa application (Merged threads)

24 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Rabadiady said:

Hii so my fiance had the interview but the consular asked her to get the original form of I-129f with the stamp where would I get that please help 

You can download Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. You can also order forms by calling 1-800-870-3676

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It might be different for you, but when I received "packet 3" in the mail, which I was to bring to the interview, it included a copy of the submitted I-129F form with stamps. I think this is what they mean - to make sure you bring packet 3 with you to the interview.

The original I-129F would be in the hands of USCIS now, and of course already submitted, so not something you can download from USCIS website. 

Did they include a copy in the packet 3 they sent? 

6 hours ago, Rabadiady said:

Hii so my fiance had the interview but the consular asked her to get the original form of I-129f with the stamp where would I get that please help 

Did you not make copies of the forms you submitted?

5 hours ago, Nashmusah said:

You can download Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. You can also order forms by calling 1-800-870-3676

They are not asking for a generic blank copy of the form…..

9 hours ago, Rabadiady said:

No I didn’t get a packet they just said they need the original form of I-129f and stamped and they didn’t even tell her who or where to get a stamp from 

I’m thinking in Jordan there’s a place that stamps forms and such that make it seem original and valid .

They are asking for a copy of the I-129-F form that YOU submitted to USCIS.

There is no way some “place” in Jordan would make that “seem original and valid.”

That’s a very odd request from the consulate. If they mean the original I-129f that was approved by USCIS and stamped as approved, then the consulate is the one that has it as it was sent to them physically from the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, powerpuff said:

That’s a very odd request from the consulate. If they mean the original I-129f that was approved by USCIS and stamped as approved, then the consulate is the one that has it as it was sent to them physically from the US.

Exactly this, which is why I figure it might be the copy of the documents sent back (typically as a "packet 3" kind of thing) which would have a copy of the stamps provided. The copy of the I-129F should have been sent back to them before the interview happened after NVC process, and I remember having to bring this copy along with other supporting documentation to my interview, so very possible that Jordan has the same kind of requirement. 

Maybe there's a chance that calling up the USCIS, with your case number, could get them to send a second copy back to your address. To me, this is the only solution to the problem because otherwise if you don't have the copies, you are out of luck. 

15 minutes ago, Peot said:

Exactly this, which is why I figure it might be the copy of the documents sent back (typically as a "packet 3" kind of thing) which would have a copy of the stamps provided. The copy of the I-129F should have been sent back to them before the interview happened after NVC process, and I remember having to bring this copy along with other supporting documentation to my interview, so very possible that Jordan has the same kind of requirement. 

Yes, I was also sent this as a copy in my packet 3, although the consulate didn’t ask for it at the interview. I wonder if OP was sent the packet 3 at all

16 minutes ago, Peot said:

Maybe there's a chance that calling up the USCIS, with your case number, could get them to send a second copy back to your address. To me, this is the only solution to the problem because otherwise if you don't have the copies, you are out of luck. 

Maybe I’m pessimistic but I have very low confidence that USCIS would do this 

• 2 weeks later...

*** Three related threads merged. Please do not start more than one thread per related topics ***

40 minutes ago, Rabadiady said:

Is it possible to get the original approved application of I-129f from Foia? Because the usics sent the embassy a printed copy of my approved application but the embassy want the original approve application with stamps

no, that’s not possible.

9 minutes ago, Rabadiady said:

Is there a way to request my original approve I-129f application with stamps from uscis for my embassy to see ? 

Also not possible.

I think it’s time for the USC petitioner to involve his or her congressperson because that request from the consulate doesn’t make any sense. They shouldn’t be asking an applicant for original forms with stamps when they/NVC are the ones who should have it.

• powerpuff changed the title to K1 visa application (Merged threads)
4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

*** Three related threads merged. Please do not start more than one thread per related topics ***

no, that’s not possible.

Also not possible.

I think it’s time for the USC petitioner to involve his or her congressperson because that request from the consulate doesn’t make any sense. They shouldn’t be asking an applicant for original forms with stamps when they/NVC are the ones who should have it.

So this what happen so when the embassy got the approve application that the uscis printed it has uncertified duplicate written across the page 

Just now, Rabadiady said:

So this what happen so when the embassy got the approve application that the uscis printed it has uncertified duplicate written across the page 

That’s an internal issue. I still don’t understand how you the applicant can be in a possession of an original with approved stamps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.