KansasDragon

Using Inkjet Printer for Fillable PDF's

6 posts in this topic

Annie's only printer is an HP Inkjet printer. She'd prefer to fill out all of her DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-157 using the fillable PDF forms and printing them out.

Is using an inkjet printer accepted?

Yikes, now that it's back to more paperwork time, my head is going round and round..But I love it, since it means we're close to being together.

If it's going to be, it's up to me!

LoveLine (aka Timeline)

January 2005 - Met Annie online

February 13th 2006 - Met in Real - WOW!! Ikaw maganda!

February 14th 2006 - Proved I was really serious, proposed to Annie - She said "Yes"

February 2006 - January 2007 - Both working, saving, planning. Continuously chasing Annie online, on phone...

January 22, 2007 - February 4th, 2007 - Together again in Philippines, working on paperwork, visiting family.

February 27th 2007 - I-129F Mailed to Nebraska

March 6th - NOA1 Received.

May 23rd - NOA2, Received Approval Email

June 14th - Receive letter from NVC, packet on the way to Manila Embassy

July 30th - Annie receives packet from Embassy, appointment scheduled for September.

August 29th - Annie survives Blood Draw, Injections, and successfully completes Medical at St. Lukes.

September 13th - Annie is a huge success at the Embassy, SHE IS APPROVED!

September 20th - Visa in Hand, tickets purchased..

December 18th - Jumped on Airplane, Philippines for Christmas and New Year's.

December 27th - CFO Seminar Succesfully Completed

January 8th - Jumped on Airplane to USA together, Seattle POE, arrived home to Kansas.

March 14, 2008 - Married

May 19, 2008 - AOS NOA1 Recieved, Biometrics scheduled for June 18.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have submitted most of my forms using Inkjet, and had no problem. I have an old (back from 2000) Dell all in one.

I did buy a new ink catridge before I printed them, so the printing would be dark.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Annie's only printer is an HP Inkjet printer. She'd prefer to fill out all of her DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-157 using the fillable PDF forms and printing them out.

Is using an inkjet printer accepted?

Yikes, now that it's back to more paperwork time, my head is going round and round..But I love it, since it means we're close to being together.

Nope, sorry. Only laser printers are allowed. NOT! Of course an inkjet printer is acceptable provided it is of good quality.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We _DID_ buy a laser printer just for this process. Much cheaper than piddling away all that expensive inkjet ink, and that INCLUDED the cost of the laser printer. *

For photos, we used Apple iPhoto '09 and ordered printed and bound photobooks.

* (a Brother HL-2170W: wireless networkable laser printer, so we could both print to it without stringing cables around. Costs between $100 and 150, often on sale for $79 = price of two ink cartridges).

Edited by Kar98

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
We _DID_ buy a laser printer just for this process. Much cheaper than piddling away all that expensive inkjet ink, and that INCLUDED the cost of the laser printer. *

* (a Brother HL-2170W: wireless networkable laser printer, so we could both print to it without stringing cables around. Costs between $100 and 150, often on sale for $79 = price of two ink cartridges).

I guess I had forgotten that the toner for laser printers is free. How did I forget that? Too old, I guess.

On the other hand, for those who already have an inkjet printer, no need to buy a laser printer at any price.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess I had forgotten that the toner for laser printers is free. How did I forget that? Too old, I guess.

Ohahaha, such wit! I am in stitches.

No, toner for laser printers is not free, duh. But the included cartridge is good for 5,000 pages. And the replacement cartridges (by the time you'll need one your ink pisser will be long dead) are around $75.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.