Lisamavicky

Going to the Embassy

8 posts in this topic

Hello, how is everyone doing?

I want to ask a question about my nephew who is 12 years old. He is going to the Kingston Embassy in May for his apt. His parents don't have a visa, but his grandfather has one. He is always with his grandfather and gets very sad when his grandfather travels to the USA without him. 

His grandfather is going to his granddaughter’s HS graduation in May and wants to take his grandson based on his B-2 Visa. 

My question is, should the mom take the child to the apt or the grandfather? The mom will send the graduation invitation letter, a letter of travel consent, and the Child's dad BC, since he is the paternal grandfather. Thanks in advance! 

Seems odd that a 12 year old wants to go to a high school graduation. Also odd that an application has been made for him just because he's unhappy with his grandfather travelling.

Even more odd that his parents have no interest in going with him. I think whoever goes with him to the Embassy, the result will be the same: denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My Parents is for the Parents to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, MaxP22 said:

Seems odd that a 12 year old wants to go to a high school graduation. Also odd that an application has been made for him just because he's unhappy with his grandfather travelling.

Even more odd that his parents have no interest in going with him. I think whoever goes with him to the Embassy, the result will be the same: denied.

Well, there's nothing strange about it. The grandfather is going and the child wants to go with him. The parents have things going on for them in Ja, so they are not trying to travel at least not for now. Well, I'll come back Ger in the next 2 weeks to let you know the good news! Thanks 

7 hours ago, Boiler said:

My Parents is for the Parents to go.

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

utgh meant to say Parents should go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.