29 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2024 at 3:14 PM, Cisse913 said:

Is there a current thread for April 2024 AOS filers? If so, can somebody please point me in the direction of the thread which I cannot seem to locate?

You just made it, you have the title and all just post your filings here!

14 hours ago, maryliz said:

I have been looking as well and can't find one 

Use this thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

hey! does anybody have an updates? We applied on April 23d and it was delivered by April 26th and no updates since then. the check didn't cash out yet. I know all we can do is wait, but I don't want to end up "out of status"

My AOS was received April 16th. The check was cashed and notice sent. I received the I-797, then the paper with the online access code and then the biometrics appointment.  You can see the PDF of the biometrics in your USCIS Documents account tab once it has been scheduled.  We decided to also do the I-765 and it was received May 8th and I over the weekend I can see it was received. 

I feel like everyone rushed to get their applications in before the increase in fees and that might be why it's taking longer...just my personal opinion. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
6 hours ago, maryliz said:

I feel like everyone rushed to get their applications in before the increase in fees and that might be why it's taking longer...just my personal opinion. 

but we sent it in with new fees at the end of April. and checks are still not cashed..

we hope to get some updates soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/11/2024 at 1:26 AM, grmn101 said:

Hi.

I'm in the same boat. 

I sent my packet and was received at the lockbox Apr 15.

Havent had any updates, and nothing has been charged to my credit card.

Is it just a really busy month?

I'm starting to really worry.

I filed for I-485 and I-765 on April 15th to Chicago lockbox. Package was received by USCIS by Apr 18th. USCIS attempted to take payment from my credit card on April 29th, however Capital One declined the payment as they thought it may have been fraudulent. Since then I have not received any further information, nor had my package returned. Have inquired with 'Ask Emma' on the current status of my application, however the USCIS agent was unable to find my file on their system, so advised I should email Lockbox Support. It may take between 15-30 days for me to receive a response. 

Frustratingly, the entire process is beyond cumbersome and full of various pitfalls! USCIS are beyond inefficient.  

Hello everyone. 😎

Im new to this. Just recently (April 2024) my wife applied for AOS thru me. I'm a USC. we been married for 12 years, and she was under daca. she overstayed her visa.  we finally made the move to apply for her AOS. we live in California and sent to Chicago lockbox.  our last notice was that USCIS was going to reuse her biometrics. we are guessing that's a good thing right? any one know of anyone going or has gone with the same process? obviously we are all anxious to know some sort of timeline. Ive seen a lot of cases been approved in 3 months with no interview. 

Thank you all in advance.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 3:25 PM, KompaChuy said:

Ive seen a lot of cases been approved in 3 months with no interview. 

Thank you all in advance.

Those cases are anomalies. As a general rule, AOS takes 12-18 months. Daca will also slow things down.

Edited by OldUser

22 minutes ago, KompaChuy said:

Why is it that DACA slow down the process? i would think it would make it easier since shes had a case for years now? 

thanks

- It's a more complicated case. Has the person entered with or without inspection? If without, it's likely going to be a problem if they never re-entered with inspection.

- Somebody with more physical presence in the US will need to be checked more thoroughly for background, false claims to US citizenship etc.

- Somebody working on the case will have to understand daca too.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

- It's a more complicated case. Has the person entered with or without inspection? If without, it's likely going to be a problem if they never re-entered with inspection.

- Somebody with more physical presence in the US will need to be checked more thoroughly for background, false claims to US citizenship etc.

- Somebody working on the case will have to understand daca too.

Wifey entered with visa and overstayed. she has had DACA since it started. IM a US citizen. she has a clean background and has been working with her EAD

On 5/10/2024 at 10:26 PM, grmn101 said:

Hi.

I'm in the same boat. 

I sent my packet and was received at the lockbox Apr 15.

Havent had any updates, and nothing has been charged to my credit card.

Is it just a really busy month?

I'm starting to really worry.

Update on my comment. 

I just now received a email saying the chicago lockbox has charged my credit card. Glad it finally happened, but also crazy it took 1 month and a half. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, grmn101 said:

Update on my comment. 

I just now received a email saying the chicago lockbox has charged my credit card. Glad it finally happened, but also crazy it took 1 month and a half. 

Congratulations on being one step forward on this painful journey! It gives me hope as I filed on 15th April, with the package being received on 18th April. The entire process is complete madness and entirely dysfunctional. Ridiculous that we are essentially on arrest in the country until the USCIS decides to pull its finger out and process our applications. Sure prisoners have more rights than us at this moment in time! Hoping for a smoother journey for all from here on in!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.