ThomasBetten

Received NOA2 a month ago. Case Sent to NVC. Who Gets Notification by mail? (Petitioner or Beneficiary)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been having a difficult time finding this out. I also don't know if we get an e-mail notification, but it seems like sometimes we do? Anyone that has been through this with the Philippines and know what to expect?  Thanks ahead of time. 

Timeline

The only notification you will get from NVC is an email when they forward your case to the embassy.  You can request the case status and case number from NVC using the NVC Public Inquiry form: Public Inquiry Form (state.gov)

You should send an inquiry once a week until they assign your case number.  Once you have your case number, you can track it using CEAC: CEAC (state.gov).  Choose immigrant visa.

NVC will take a few weeks to a few months, depending on how lucky you are.

For the Philippines, once you have your MNL case number, you can complete the DS-160 and schedule your interview.  You will probably not be contacted by the embassy, except maybe an email when they receive your case.

Timeline

Thank you so much for this response. I am going to submit a public inquiry and cross my fingers. I have been monitoring other cases at the same point to see how long they took with the Philippines embassy, and I've seen anything from 2 weeks to 8 weeks here on VisaJourney. It really does seem to be about luck and timing. 

Hi J.M and Thomas,  I received a letter from the NVC saying that they are forwarding the petition to U.S. Embassy Manila. The Letter came via email to me and has the case number : MNLxxxxxxxxx and also a USCIS Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX.  It also provided to me a web link http://nvc.state.gov/k1  for next steps. Do you anyone of you know if I should go ahead file DS-160 right away or wait for the MNL Embassy to contact my Fiancee? and when does one pay the DS 160 filing fee? Thank you in advance for your help. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 hours ago, ThomasBetten said:

I have been having a difficult time finding this out. I also don't know if we get an e-mail notification, but it seems like sometimes we do? Anyone that has been through this with the Philippines and know what to expect?  Thanks ahead of time. 

Here is a forum here on VJ , you would be interested in

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Timeline

For the Philippines, do not wait for or expect the embassy to contact you.  You can start filling out the DS-160 as soon as you have your MNL case number.  It is several pages long and there is a good bit of information to fill in.  Once you have completely filled it out, you will get to a "review and submit" page.  Just sit on it until CEAC shows your case status to be "ready."  Once it is in "ready" status, sign and submit the DS-160. 

You pay the DS-160 fee after submitting it.  There is a tab on the webpage for payment instructions.  Basically, you print a deposit slip and take it to a participating bank.  A few days after payment, you can enter the deposit receipt number on the interview scheduling webpage and that will free you up to look for appointments.  The payment page says it will be completed in 4 hours, but it really takes a day.

20 minutes ago, J.M. said:

For the Philippines, do not wait for or expect the embassy to contact you.  You can start filling out the DS-160 as soon as you have your MNL case number.  It is several pages long and there is a good bit of information to fill in.  Once you have completely filled it out, you will get to a "review and submit" page.  Just sit on it until CEAC shows your case status to be "ready."  Once it is in "ready" status, sign and submit the DS-160. 

You pay the DS-160 fee after submitting it.  There is a tab on the webpage for payment instructions.  Basically, you print a deposit slip and take it to a participating bank.  A few days after payment, you can enter the deposit receipt number on the interview scheduling webpage and that will free you up to look for appointments.  The payment page says it will be completed in 4 hours, but it really takes a day.

I am sorry to ask you so many questions as I am not finding answers. When I go to CEAC case status is the K1 considered Immigrant Visa? When i select this option and put in the MNLXXXXXX number it says READY in green. 

12 minutes ago, SunnyMay2020 said:

I am sorry to ask you so many questions as I am not finding answers. When I go to CEAC case status is the K1 considered Immigrant Visa? When i select this option and put in the MNLXXXXXX number it says READY in green. 

35 minutes ago, J.M. said:

J.M I want to thank you for all your input and help. Will the Embassy contact me or my Fiancee and let us know that the case is ready or do i have to go onto CEAC webpage and check case status? Can you please guide me thru this stage? 

Timeline

Yes, you choose immigrant visa.  "Ready" means your case is already at the embassy, waiting for you to complete DS-160, schedule interview appointment, and medical.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SunnyMay2020 said:

Will the Embassy contact me or my Fiancee and let us know that the case is ready

They might send you an email when your case arrives, but you do not have to wait for it.  Since your case is already "ready" it appears they did not send you one.  But like I said, you don't need it.  Everything from this point is for you to do.  The embassy will not prompt you or contact you.  Complete, submit, and pay for the DS-160.  If you have not already created an account, go to Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule/Change My Appointment - Philippines (English) (ustraveldocs.com).  On this webpage, it will be a non-immigrant visa application.  The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.  That is why you might see it listed in either category.

1 hour ago, J.M. said:

They might send you an email when your case arrives, but you do not have to wait for it.  Since your case is already "ready" it appears they did not send you one.  But like I said, you don't need it.  Everything from this point is for you to do.  The embassy will not prompt you or contact you.  Complete, submit, and pay for the DS-160.  If you have not already created an account, go to Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule/Change My Appointment - Philippines (English) (ustraveldocs.com).  On this webpage, it will be a non-immigrant visa application.  The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.  That is why you might see it listed in either category.

J. M. thank you once again. So I used the MNLxxxxx number from the K1 FTP email that I received and see attachment. So I now I should go ahead and file the DS 160 and Pay the fee and then use the link above that you sent to me to schedule an interview and medical?   Thank you once again. By any chance are you in USA?  Possible to chat via Text or email? Thank you once again for your help and expertise.Screenshot2024-04-18202254.thumb.png.058113f39cabc02759b37150d4f37f98.png Screenshot2024-04-18202613.png.63828c020088cb089b55676fed62b7b9.png

Timeline

Thank you guys so much for the valuable information. My public inquiry was answered in just 2 days, and I have my case number! I have been so lucky this whole process and I am truly blessed. I will be submitting my DS-160 and then trying to get the interview scheduled. It looks like the DS-160 will take a lot more time and information than any of the forms have so far. 

image.png.cd56f4204e5607d49968ffc849f38ec1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.