SuperG

I-751 — April 2024 Filers Club

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 4/21/2024 at 12:31 PM, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

April 2024 submitters, what did you do about 2023 Federal tax returns transcript?

Ours is not available yet, we submitted ASAP.

Not sure if we should send the full 1040s :

Our 90days window started April 20.

Submit what you have. For us it was more important to get a package in. And get the 48 month extension. We will be filing for citizenship anyhow before we get to an interview or decision on this so we just needed to get something in to get the extension.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:31 PM, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

April 2024 submitters, what did you do about 2023 Federal tax returns transcript?

Ours is not available yet, we submitted ASAP.

Not sure if we should send the full 1040s :

Our 90days window started April 20.

Submit what you have. For us it was more important to get a package in. And get the 48 month extension. We will be filing for citizenship anyhow before we get to an interview or decision on this so we just needed to get something in to get the extension.

On 4/19/2024 at 3:31 AM, sandiegodan2020 said:

If we are talking I-751. It must be received by uscis prior to your green card expiring. Not postmarked is our understanding.

How long did it take for the processing fee to be checked out? My package was sent on April 2nd and delivered on April 6th. Money is still not taken out. I'm starting to get worried now. 

1 hour ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

By that you mean
(A) Send the full 1040s, all 70 pages, or
(B) Don't send the full 1040s, and just send the petition without 2023's returns?

A or B?

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, therek said:

Has anyone from April received their extension notice via mail yet?  

No, not yet.
I am not even sure if USCIS got my application yet as it still shows on the USPS website that my package has been delivered and available at the PO Box since April 8.
And my check has not been cashed yet.
It's starting to stress me out!

1 hour ago, SuperG said:

No, not yet.
I am not even sure if USCIS got my application yet as it still shows on the USPS website that my package has been delivered and available at the PO Box since April 8.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks after delivery to receive extension letter, so you're looking into mid May.

Also, don't forget, USCIS had tons of people applying before April 1st to lock in old fees and they're probably overwhelmed dealing with influx of petitions. It's totally normal.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, Oko Vicki said:

Hey SuperG, I mailed out my package yesterday 04/15 via USPS, tracking says delivery date is tomorrow 04/17 so now we wait.

Hopefully you hear about your case soon. Fingers crossed 

Have you received a sms or email notification yet? I sent to the Tempe lockbox too and FedEx said USCIS received it on 4/16, but I haven’t heard from them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, orionkh said:

Have you received a sms or email notification yet? I sent to the Tempe lockbox too and FedEx said USCIS received it on 4/16, but I haven’t heard from them. 

No text or email yet. I used USPS, delivered 04/19, no update so far. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, OldUser said:

19th was a Friday. Give it at least few weeks. USCIS is slooooow, I bet it's not your first interaction with them in your immigration journey?

Oh trust me, I am not in a hurry at all. They should take their time, what I look forward to is next April for N400. For what I can't wait. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just got an email from USCIS: "We have taken an action on your case."

- Package sent on 04/06/2024 via USPS to the Carol Stream IL PO Box
- Delivery confirmed on 04/08/2024

- Email received on 04/23/2024 and logged on myUSCIS account:

April 8, 2024

Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent
On April 8, 2024, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE********, and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. The notice describes how we will process your case.

For now, the Receipt Notice is not available for download and my check has not been cashed yet.

22 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Hi everyone!

Just got an email from USCIS: "We have taken an action on your case."

- Package sent on 04/06/2024 via USPS to the Carol Stream IL PO Box
- Delivery confirmed on 04/08/2024

- Email received on 04/23/2024 and logged on myUSCIS account:

April 8, 2024

Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent
On April 8, 2024, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE********, and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. The notice describes how we will process your case.

For now, the Receipt Notice is not available for download and my check has not been cashed yet.

Congrats! Did the email just come through tonight? 

Timeline
21 hours ago, USCHQU said:

How long did it take for the processing fee to be checked out? My package was sent on April 2nd and delivered on April 6th. Money is still not taken out. I'm starting to get worried now. 

16 calendar days

Timeline
20 hours ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

By that you mean
(A) Send the full 1040s, all 70 pages, or
(B) Don't send the full 1040s, and just send the petition without 2023's returns?

A or B?

Our 2023 taxes were not ready yet so we only sent 2021 and 2022. And yes I sent both transcripts and full 1040s.

Timeline
17 hours ago, SuperG said:

No, not yet.

If you go by my timeline, it took them 16 calendar days and they charged my card at about 8 pm Cali time. Must have been working OT. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.