1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, ogbeni sifu said:

My VAWA got approved few 3 months ago, updated online, received email and got text message of approval but I am yet to receive the paper notice. I have tried congress person, but no progress. Any other person experienced this?

First of all, Congratulations...

I have seen people didn't receive their approval notice in mail for more than 3 months... can you confirm if you have received your work authorization under category C31?

46 minutes ago, FirstTimer said:

First of all, Congratulations...

I have seen people didn't receive their approval notice in mail for more than 3 months... can you confirm if you have received your work authorization under category C31?

I also haven't received the C31 work permit, it's been 3 months since the it's appeared as approved online. Applied in 2021.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ogbeni sifu said:

I also haven't received the C31 work permit, it's been 3 months since the it's appeared as approved online. Applied in 2021.

If you don't have attorney involved, please write a letter to USCIS, or get help from your congress person.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

today my GC got approved

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

AND THAT'S WHEN THE FIGHT STARTED...

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive.  So I took her to a gas station.  That's when the fight started...

I took my wife to a restaurant.  The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.  "I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please."  He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"  "Nah, she can order for herself."  And that's when the fight started...

My wife stood nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.  She was unhappy with what she saw.  She said to me, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly.  I really need for you to give me a compliment."  I said, "Your eyesight's darn near perfect."  And that's when the fight started...

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light beer for $14.95.  Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.  I told her that the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream would.  And that's when the fight started...

My wife asked me if a certain dress made her butt look big.  I told her not as much as the dress that she'd worn yesterday.  And that's when the fight started...

I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"  It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.  "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.  So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"  And that's when the fight started...

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/20/2024 at 11:06 AM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear freinds I have a question that if you change your states and didn’t file for AR-11 form will this create and issue in the interview stage and if the visa officer ask this question how to respond it have any of you experience this situation in visa interview 

It's mandatory to inform USCIS  of the new address. Tell the truth.

Timeline
On 2/26/2024 at 8:28 PM, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

After I360 approval my attorney received RFE for medical which says send us I864 affidavit of support or I360 approval notice.

In response to RFE medical was submitted with I360 approval notice. But today my attorney called me that they received call from immigration and my attorney said that immigration is about to denied my Green Card because I didn’t include I864 affidavit of support. My attorney asking me $1000 for I864 application. But when my I360 is approved why I need I864 affidavit of support?

can someone explain here. 
what I am thinking is that attorney is Lieing to me they might have received my Green Card and asking me for $1000.

can someone explain how could Uscis ask for I864 affidavit of support once I360 is approved… 

You need to file I864 W, not I-864. I doubt that  USCIS called your attorney.

Timeline
On 3/7/2024 at 9:44 AM, Risen said:

Good day fam! Am excited and thesame time feeling neevous.

My vawa was approved a year and 2 months ago... been waiting for update but I got none till this morning. I had 3 update at the same time on my pending 1485 first says interview cancel, another one says ready to schedule and the third says interview schedule.

Am happy I got an update, my Congress person had made enquiries about my case. 

Now, I did my medical almost a year now which I know is wated. my question  is  as follow

can I go ahead and schedule another medical? 

Do I need a lawyer to follow me, though I filled myself with help of the group. ( i think my ex wrote some evil letter to my local office)

Please I'd you have any information that can help me kindly share. Thank you all. 

Do not send the medical exam without them asking you. You don't need an attorney. USCIS won't take your ex's letter into account.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:49 PM, Dreamer7 said:

Congratulations!!!!!! Plz share your timeline

Thank you! My timeline is below:

Aug 2019 filed I485

Sept 2020 filed I360

Oct 2020 Interview and asking to hold I485 in abeyance 

Sept 2022 I360 approved 

Sept 2023 I485 denied 

Oct 2023 I485 appeal filed (form I290B)

March 2024 I485 approved 

I was denied based on an unbelievable mistake by the cis. They just didn’t look up that I have i360 approved and proceeded on adjudicating I130. I filed and appeal instead of the new application because I didn’t want to go to a traumatizing interview again and within 6 months they appealed the decision.

Edited by 2020filer

Timeline
On 3/2/2024 at 8:34 PM, Alexjki said:

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for VAWA dont have an attorney yet, and like many others who have applied, I'm feeling quite nervous about the sufficiency of the evidence I've gathered. Here's what I have:

1. A police report documenting the last incident, which was an elbow to my face I received that I has to go to the hospital.
  2. A medical report diagnosing "Assault and Domestic Violence of Adult."
  3. Screenshots of verbal abuse and manipulation when I expressed concerns about smoking due to my severe asthma.
  4. Evidence of her attempting to reach out to a deportation lawyer and threatening deportation when I wouldn't agree with hwe on something.
  5. Documentation of financial irresponsibility, evident in her failure to contribute to immigration attorney fees but purchasing a new car post-divorce.
  6. A photograph of physical assault resulting in a visible bite mark.
  7. Testimony from my mother regarding communication restrictions imposed by my ex.
  8. Knowledge of her criminal history, including prior imprisonment for providing alcohol to minors.
  9. Infidelity on two occasions.
  10. Instances of drug use, including weed and mushrooms, while under psychiatric medication.
  11. Her constantly threatening me with her two drug dealers when I told her to stop bringing them to our apartment complex, buying drugs and doing them for her own and also my safety.
  12. Financial control to the point that since I was not working and waiting for my papers, she would only buy her gluten free and dairy free stuff making me eat only what she wanted, resulting on me losing almost 19 pounds.

I returned to my home country for my physical and psychological well-being and have been undergoing psychological and psychiatric treatment to address the trauma l've experienced.

The diagnosis of severe PTSD and the need for antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication, despite no previous history, highlight the profound impact of my ordeal. It's been a challenging journey, but I remain hopeful that seeking justice through the VAWA law will provide closure.

Considering the extensive evidence I've gathered, I'm optimistic it meets the requirements for my VAWA application.

For anyone that has applied and gotten their

VAWA approved, so you think I have a chance V should I do it?

Thank vou sincerely!

-Alex

Don't waste your time time sending the documents mentioned below,  because USCIS will not consider these things at all.

1. Documentation of financial irresponsibility, evident in her failure to contribute to immigration attorney fees but purchasing a new car post-divorce
  2. Knowledge of her criminal history, including prior imprisonment for providing alcohol to minors.
  3. Infidelity on two occasions.
  4. Instances of drug use, including weed and mushrooms, while under psychiatric medication

Timeline
On 2/27/2024 at 10:43 AM, FirstTimer said:

I864W is pretty simple and I have already filled it out. I am shocked that my attorney is asking $1000 just to fill it.
Can I simply sign and send it to USCIS with a copy of the RFE and I360 Approval Notice? without including my attorney?

You can submit the form I-864W, without your attorney filing out the form , but keep in mind that most attorneys won't continue to represent the person after that.

Edited by Sandra G.

Timeline
On 2/28/2024 at 6:15 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family,

Quick question - considering the prolonged process of my VAWA case (filed since October 2018, approved on January 5, 2023, reopened on January 8, 2023)

I'm contemplating reaching out to the USCIS Ombudsman for help.

The case has been inactive since the reopening, and I'm feeling quite frustrated with the prolonged waiting period. My work permit is valid until October 2024, but the Prima Facie status expired on January 2 , 2024.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact the Ombudsman? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks family

Contact your congressperson, the  Ombudsman is useless.

Timeline
On 2/22/2024 at 2:03 PM, FirstTimer said:

Medical was delivered two weeks ago... I don't know how long they will take to process I485

I had cases where they scheduled interviews 3  to 5  months after they asked for the medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.