1,235 posts in this topic

Thank you balo101 for your quick response. About the info pass, I have made several attempts to make an infopass appointment but they would just not give me saying that "VAWA is a double edge sword." People wait for years to get it and we cannot provide you any info. The officer at the local office would not know anything either.

Do you know how can you get such an appointment? What options should you choose while booking it? In my case, they would rather give me a call and say the same things again and again, with no helpful info or appointment to go to.

3 minutes ago, magicmike said:

Thank you balo101 for your quick response. About the info pass, I have made several attempts to make an infopass appointment but they would just not give me saying that "VAWA is a double edge sword." People wait for years to get it and we cannot provide you any info. The officer at the local office would not know anything either.

Do you know how can you get such an appointment? What options should you choose while booking it? In my case, they would rather give me a call and say the same things again and again, with no helpful info or appointment to go to.

No point doing an info pass appointment . I have made one All I heard from the person was your case is Wava related we have no access to that . I would suggest to reach out to your congressman again so they could inquire on your behalf . Your lawyer also can place a Service request as well with the USCIS 

23 minutes ago, magicmike said:

everyone one has different experience. I chatted with EMMA to make the appointment. I told them i need to find out the status of my form i-485. They gave me an appointment. When i went to office i told them i need to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor gave me the information that i needed. It was really helpful for me. 

Thank you Reister and balo101 again. So far I have had no luck with Emma or USCIS helpline or USCIS Info Pass appointment website.
Initially, when I had applied I remember going to one such appointment and again no information from there as well. They kept emphasizing on it being a VAWA case, took my number but never got back to me.

Can people here share their "NBC transfer onward" experiences please? May be that will give me some relief as I am really exhausted with this whole process and would love to see some light now.

30 minutes ago, magicmike said:

Thank you Reister and balo101 again. So far I have had no luck with Emma or USCIS helpline or USCIS Info Pass appointment website.
Initially, when I had applied I remember going to one such appointment and again no information from there as well. They kept emphasizing on it being a VAWA case, took my number but never got back to me.

Can people here share their "NBC transfer onward" experiences please? May be that will give me some relief as I am really exhausted with this whole process and would love to see some light now.

My case got transferred in May 2023 to NBC . They sent me an RFE on June 2023 received a response 3 weeks later . In January I placed a Service Request through my lawyer that it was taking longer than their processing times . February 2n case got approved . If that helps 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I got 2 red light violation and 1 stop sign violation the all of them settled by me moreover the last one I paid 500 dollars moreover in the n -400 I mentioned that I dint get any citation because these tickets are civil violations only will get any problem in n-400

1 minute ago, Braveheart123 said:

I got 2 red light violation and 1 stop sign violation the all of them settled by me moreover the last one I paid 500 dollars moreover in the n -400 I mentioned that I dint get any citation because these tickets are civil violations only will get any problem in n-400

Traffic tickets will not cause any problems 

Timeline
Just now, Reister said:

Traffic tickets will not cause any problems 

So I don’t have to mention in my interview that I got any citation

Timeline
Just now, Reister said:

You can tell them if they ask that you had a traffic infraction . If they ask ! 

Ok

Just now, Braveheart123 said:

Ok

But the thing it’s citation of red light violation which is civil in nature I already settle the ticket 

Thank you for sharing Reister. 

Did you have to go through an interview? Was your file ever transferred to the local FO. Which FO it was if you don't mind sharing please?

@Wilifanfano they say you can always get an AP but my attorney from non-profit advised strictly against it. If you are denied entry all that you have ben through will go in vain. Please just see how important it is for you to travel. Some people have families and jobs here so it might not be advisable for them.

On 2/7/2024 at 6:15 PM, balo101 said:

only thing you need to include is your approval notice. Make sure your attorney submit it because it's related to court so do not take chance by submitting it yourself. 

I just wanted to say that “ Thank you for your help “ you were right because my LW should send 2 motions . If you don’t mind can I message ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.