1,183 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello guys. I sent last week a request to expedite my i485 (I filed 290b and i601 they asked) to Vermont . Today I saw that the case was transferred. However I sent my i290 RFE which was the I601 receipt notice straight to my local office because my RFE said after receiving a receipt notice for i601 to send it straight to the local office. Now what did they transfer here? 
usually they transfer cases for people who applied they i485 to vermont and uscis transfer it to local office. But in my case everything is at the local office already, to which office they transfer it again ?

IMG_7428.jpeg

IMG_7427.jpeg

Today my status turned into this

IMG_7429.jpeg

@Sandra G. @Stillwinning!!!😊

Hello Family, Has anyone done a divorce using an online divorce? I need guidance on how to do my divorce. I am no longer living in the same state as my abuser, and I got my green card last year through VAWA. I would appreciate any help from the group. 
I also need guidance on how to apply for a green card for my children. My green card was through VAWA. Do I need to fill out forms I-130 and I-485 for them? Where do I send their application?

4 hours ago, Royal Seed said:

@Sandra G. @Stillwinning!!!😊

Hello Family, Has anyone done a divorce using an online divorce? I need guidance on how to do my divorce. I am no longer living in the same state as my abuser, and I got my green card last year through VAWA. I would appreciate any help from the group. 
I also need guidance on how to apply for a green card for my children. My green card was through VAWA. Do I need to fill out forms I-130 and I-485 for them? Where do I send their application?

Where are your children now and how old are they? I’d start a new thread about their applications in the relevant forum. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Uh-oh -- looks like we're late for Wednesday's Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==========================

FAME

Two maggots moved to the big city.  One became rich and famous.  The other remained the lesser of the two weevils.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on the progress of my work permit renewal. I finally received my receipt number through my congressman's office, however, I still haven't received the receipt notice in the mail. My work permit has expired now and my job is insisting that I provide them with the physical receipt notice as the online case status information is not sufficient. USCIS has refused to email the notice to me and my request for an infopass appointment was denied. I also submitted a service request to have the notice resent and was told to expect to hear from USCIS by yesterday, but I haven't received anything yet. My job has given me a deadline of 5 days to provide them with the receipt notice, otherwise, I may face termination. Is there any other way I can obtain the receipt notice?

7 minutes ago, God’s Grace27 said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on the progress of my work permit renewal. I finally received my receipt number through my congressman's office, however, I still haven't received the receipt notice in the mail. My work permit has expired now and my job is insisting that I provide them with the physical receipt notice as the online case status information is not sufficient. USCIS has refused to email the notice to me and my request for an infopass appointment was denied. I also submitted a service request to have the notice resent and was told to expect to hear from USCIS by yesterday, but I haven't received anything yet. My job has given me a deadline of 5 days to provide them with the receipt notice, otherwise, I may face termination. Is there any other way I can obtain the receipt notice?

Sorry to hear that. Contact your congress person again and ask them if they can get you the receipt notices from USCIS. I was able to get a copy of RFE trough congress person for friend of mine. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Sorry to hear that. Contact your congress person again and ask them if they can get you the receipt notices from USCIS. I was able to get a copy of RFE trough congress person for friend of mine. 

Okay I will. If I may ask, how long did it take for the congress person to get the receipt notice 

1 minute ago, God’s Grace27 said:

Okay I will. If I may ask, how long did it take for the congress person to get the receipt notice 

F

1 minute ago, God’s Grace27 said:

For my case was around 2/3 months. I also never recived the notices due to my lawyers adress being wrong

On 1/17/2024 at 9:40 AM, God is a good God said:

Hello guys. I sent last week a request to expedite my i485 (I filed 290b and i601 they asked) to Vermont . Today I saw that the case was transferred. However I sent my i290 RFE which was the I601 receipt notice straight to my local office because my RFE said after receiving a receipt notice for i601 to send it straight to the local office. Now what did they transfer here? 
usually they transfer cases for people who applied they i485 to vermont and uscis transfer it to local office. But in my case everything is at the local office already, to which office they transfer it again ?

IMG_7428.jpeg

IMG_7427.jpeg

Hello @Sandra G.and all,  I received a notification yesterday saying case transferred to another office, later on it changed to we received your correspondence and USCIS is reviewing it. So today i received another notification saying  the same that case transferred to another office after it changed to we received correspondence. Is it because I’m having 290B and i601 waiver pending ?

IMG_7438.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.