Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,216 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

I don’t understand the complete standstill with all cases since Jan 2023. Are there ppl OUTSIDE of this chat forum that is actually being cleared?? I can’t even imagine the backlog the system is facing now. I wonder does this have anything to do with changes to the system post public opinion inquest. 

Hang in there everyone!

I’m not sure what’s going on either, but someone must be listening because I just got an unsolicited case update (the first in 25 days). 

VO asked us to submit the passport when he gave us 221g form, it was written there to submit the passport when submit DS5535 and resume. My question is, what should I do in this situation? My interview was in 3rd week of Jan, I submitted DS5535 and resume the next day but did not submit the passport as I needed it for traveling. I think Montreal can ask for the passport once the clearance is done, difficult to decide what to do. I heard sometimes they asked for a passport but then kept it for months and in the end, people requested it back due to their travel plans. Any suggestions

Edited by Pending DS5535

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pending DS5535 said:

VO asked us to submit the passport when he gave us 221g form, it was written there to submit the passport when submit DS5535 and resume. My question is, what should I do in this situation? My interview was in 3rd week of Jan, I submitted DS5535 and resume the next day but did not submit the passport as I needed it for traveling. I think Montreal can ask for the passport once the clearance is done, difficult to decide what to do. I heard sometimes they asked for a passport but then kept it for months and in the end, people requested it back due to their travel plans. Any suggestions

They will contact you to submit passport once security clearance is completed on their end. I was advised this by the consulate in one of my email inquiries. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m hoping someone can shed light on this if you file a WOM and the government does not respond within 60 days. What happens then? I read somewhere on Reddit that if they do not respond within 60 days, the judge can just take action based off of your request. Is this true because the government only has about five days left to respond to my WOM I have still not received anything. When reviewing other peoples timelines, I am noticing that the government has been responding within a couple of weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
10 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

I’m hoping someone can shed light on this if you file a WOM and the government does not respond within 60 days. What happens then? I read somewhere on Reddit that if they do not respond within 60 days, the judge can just take action based off of your request. Is this true because the government only has about five days left to respond to my WOM I have still not received anything. When reviewing other peoples timelines, I am noticing that the government has been responding within a couple of weeks.

They judge can dismiss but probably it wont get there, for our case they responded to us at midnight the day it was due for a response

Edited by Inveigh

Just want to vent. Spouse interviewed in mid Dec. got DS5535. CEAC had not had any updates since Dec 22. At time of interview VO asked us to submit her unexpired visa from old third country passport. Then when we emailed them to clarify whether to send in the unexpired visa first, they said just wait for the visa team for further instruction. So we are not sure whether to send in the old unexpired US visa or just wait. worried that if we don’t send it in and a year passes by and then they’ll have an excuse to screw us over saying we didn’t follow 221g. 

Tired of this bullshit. As an American my country has only disappointed me again and again. 

also who should I vote for in president election to fight this immigration BS? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Timbits said:

Just want to vent. Spouse interviewed in mid Dec. got DS5535. CEAC had not had any updates since Dec 22. At time of interview VO asked us to submit her unexpired visa from old third country passport. Then when we emailed them to clarify whether to send in the unexpired visa first, they said just wait for the visa team for further instruction. So we are not sure whether to send in the old unexpired US visa or just wait. worried that if we don’t send it in and a year passes by and then they’ll have an excuse to screw us over saying we didn’t follow 221g. 

Tired of this bullshit. As an American my country has only disappointed me again and again. 

also who should I vote for in president election to fight this immigration BS? 

I saw that your interview was around Mid-December (23'), based one everyone's experiences here, it appears as if youre only about 15% - 20% of the way there on how everything is looking for the rest of us. Hopefully for March this was just an unlucky month (or an off month where they just stopped processing K1's and CR'1'S and focused on J1, F1 visas) and they get back to their regularly scheduled routine by the time April swings around. We can only guess as to why March has been so dry though but from what I have seen, processing around the world has just been reliant on J1/F1 (and sometimes B1's here and there) cases and they might have switched the routines to process those types and switch back and fourth every month or so. This is just my assessment from what I have seen. If you look at those other telegram groups, people are being cleared left and right it seems but we seem to be the unlucky ones.

Edited by Inveigh

@Timbits I think it's obvious one president is against immigration and the other... well he won't do anything. So tough call... lol.

EDIT: (to explain the above, DS 5535 was introduced by the last administration... but it was not lifted in the current one, or made better)

Jokes aside, I think if we gather a petition of 1000+ with DS5535 issues and send a letter to VPOTUS or POTUS maybe they'll wake up and fix it to gain some votes.

All this needs is someone from high up to say: "I need this done, here's extra workers if needed".

Edited by DS5535_Child

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it is hard to keep politics out of this thread but please try. I do not want to have to remove comments. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.