K1Rus2024

Warsaw Embassy, Transfer Possible? (Merged threads)

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

@Tex_44 When did you attempt the transfers? Recently? Has your interview already been scheduled in Warsaw? Have you received a welcome letter from the embassy in Warsaw yet? Did they provide you an invoice ID? How did you contact the embassy in Bangkok to request the transfer? What were the reasons they gave for both denials?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just trying to navigate through this as informed as possible. Thank you for responding.

Timeline

I attempted the Almaty transfer back in February 2024, and attempted the Bangkok transfer last Thursday.

I received the Appointment Eligibility Letter from Warsaw back in January.  My fiance'e and her daughter have an appointment scheduled in Warsaw, but it does not look like she will be able to travel there.  She was denied a Schengen visa, but her daughter was approved.

The denial from Almaty was:

"Please be informed that consular section in Almaty processes immigrant visa applications for the permanent residents of Kazakhstan only. We can accept very limited number of cases not from our consular district in exceptional circumstances involving life or death issues. Unfortunately, your case does not meet our criteria for exceptional case. Therefore, given our current capacity and huge backlog we are unable to accept your case transfer request."

The denial from Bangkok was:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to accept your case transfer request due to internal policies and limited staffing resources.  Please do not travel to Thailand without a confirmed appointment.  Thank you for your understanding."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1Rus2024 said:

They replied back to me today @Simplytex

They aren’t accepting the transfer. Should I contact them and try again or try a different embassy? I copied your email verbatim.

IMG_6588.jpeg

That sucks, but I've got a feeling that they are more "accepting" of spousal visas than fiance, but that might be just my own impression. I see you're in the chat group now, I think the Thailand recommendation is a good one.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tex_44 said:

I attempted the Almaty transfer back in February 2024, and attempted the Bangkok transfer last Thursday.

I received the Appointment Eligibility Letter from Warsaw back in January.  My fiance'e and her daughter have an appointment scheduled in Warsaw, but it does not look like she will be able to travel there.  She was denied a Schengen visa, but her daughter was approved.

The denial from Almaty was:

"Please be informed that consular section in Almaty processes immigrant visa applications for the permanent residents of Kazakhstan only. We can accept very limited number of cases not from our consular district in exceptional circumstances involving life or death issues. Unfortunately, your case does not meet our criteria for exceptional case. Therefore, given our current capacity and huge backlog we are unable to accept your case transfer request."

The denial from Bangkok was:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to accept your case transfer request due to internal policies and limited staffing resources.  Please do not travel to Thailand without a confirmed appointment.  Thank you for your understanding."

@Tex_44 Where did you try to get Schengen visas? My wife and stepdaughter got DQ'd a few days ago and we now need to make some decisions as to where we're going to go.

Timeline

We were in a similar situation half a year ago. Did not want to compromise fiancé's Schengen admittance in the future by lying risking overstaying. Emailed every embassy that is visa free for Russians, everyone says the US embassy service is for citizens or residents of that country only. Only Jerusalem agreed to take the case, and they didn't have appointments for many months. People on here been saying Bangkok agrees to take you if you are on a student visa as well. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tex_44 said:

@JayFromTexasMy fiance'e tried to get a Schengen visa from Switzerland, and France.  Her daughter was approved for France, but she was denied.

Switzerland seems like an odd choice, a country notorious for not being very welcoming. Any reason they tired that one?

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

I'm in the same exact situation.  Interview in Warsaw - I had to cancel because it was approaching and Poland is NOT issuing Schengen visas to Russian citizens.  I have spent the last two months contacting every consulate I can think of - INCLUDING Jerusalem - and not ONE of them is taking any transfer cases.  I am looking into getting a Schengen visa for my fiancé, but I am being told August or September.  I think I might contact the US Embassy in Warsaw directly (in the middle of the night in USA) - because their third-party service, USTRAVELDOCS, has been LESS than ZERO help.  I'm just not sure what options I have, if any, since Warsaw appears to be the only place to get the interview.  Again, with NO transfers happening anywhere, what is one to do????

Timeline
6 hours ago, Infoman said:

I'm in the same exact situation.  Interview in Warsaw - I had to cancel because it was approaching and Poland is NOT issuing Schengen visas to Russian citizens.  I have spent the last two months contacting every consulate I can think of - INCLUDING Jerusalem - and not ONE of them is taking any transfer cases.  I am looking into getting a Schengen visa for my fiancé, but I am being told August or September.  I think I might contact the US Embassy in Warsaw directly (in the middle of the night in USA) - because their third-party service, USTRAVELDOCS, has been LESS than ZERO help.  I'm just not sure what options I have, if any, since Warsaw appears to be the only place to get the interview.  Again, with NO transfers happening anywhere, what is one to do????

@Infoman what embassies have you requested transfers to so far and are you a K1 or CR1? I've been denied at Almaty and Bangkok. My next transfer request is pending with Tashkent. After that, I'm not sure where I should try. Does anyone have suggestions? Vietnam, China, Philipines, Serbia, Armenia, Tunisia, Uzbekistan etc?

I'm a K1.  I've tried the following:  Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, Jerusalem - all say residents only.  Hungary never replied back to me.  I'm trying to keep it within a not-too-far distance from Russia, but I am coming up empty.  I am thinking about calling the US Embassy in Warsaw - NOT their USTRAVELDOCS third-party ZERO HELP that they have listed for contacts on all embassy websites - to actually talk to someone at the embassy to see what they have to say.  Other than that, my fiancé talked to multiple travel agents in Russia RE: Schengen visa.  One said they are not doing this - another said "France, no - Spain - August - Italy - September".  This process is nearing two years and I can't get to the finish line so far.  I also don't want to wait another number of months for a Schengen visa.  My fiancé is calling the Italy consulate in Moscow on Monday to see what they can do.  If possible, we would go to Italy for a couple of days and then fly to Warsaw and get this over with.  This part of things is a complete nightmare and the US EMBASSIES are blind to the fact that they moved the interviews to Warsaw while Poland is not issuing Schengen visas.  I am scrambling and I'm running VERY low on options.

hello all,

i would like to say that i was in your shoes just recently, but, i have gotten the visa for my wife (russian citizen) did the interview in

warsaw poland, i also tried to move the interview to another country but, no avail.. so, i opened up a schengen visa for my wife for hungary, for two weeks,

they gave us the schengen visa within two weeks (from st.petersburg visa center) we had the interview within a week or around 8 days after receiving the schengen visa, (just letting you

know how close all the dates were, and mind you my wife is pregnant about 2 months in..) we went to budapest hungary, stayed there for a few nights then went to poland by car. (also can go by bus, no checks on borders, i drove in a rental car, and no borders/no checks, do not worry) came to poland a day before the interview, and went to the interview the next day, my wife had the interview with a translator, apparently we didn't have like 2 docs they wanted... (i fault the uscs for this as they asked for a w2, while i didn't work any w2 in the past 3 years, so, i didn't send them) and they wanted my wives document for name change.. (weird) my wife returned from the interview, and told me they needed more docs.. so i sent them within an hour (1099's and name change).. they told her they would look into the docs and send us an email to return.. (we were short on time, with schengen visa and just by my booking dates/plans for poland, this was tuesday) i didn't wait for the EMAIL, as i know these guys DO NOT CARE FOR MY WIVES URGENT NEED OF A VISA TO THE US, i returned with my wife to the consulate the next morning, the day before (tuesday) when they told my wife they need extra docs, they also gave her a pink paper basically letting the people at the consulate door that she would return, they accepted her back in, and NOT ME, as i wanted to explain some things to these (dorks) the door lady didn't let me in... mind you i am the husband, sponsor, and petitioner.. so much for being a citizen.. and having any rights.. my wife went inside went to a window to complete the interview this lady spoke russian, so, no need for a translator, my wife told her, and gave her the requested docs (as we printed them out as well) and she LOOKED at the yesterday submitted docs (just pointing out that they would have taken all week to send us an email to return back, and by that time my wives schengen might have already been invalid for all they cared..) she took my wives passport and basically within a day or two the passport was ready.. we picked it up at the pickup location they suggest.. (it's a bit of a drive) but, got the visa, everything went according to plan, ask away would love to help

Edited by aleksey23

Timeline

For those who are seeking CR/IR visas, I think consulates are more likely to accept your transfer than K1 cases.

This morning, I received notification from the Thailand consulate that they are accepting my wife's and my stepdaughter's CR1/CR2 transfer request from Warsaw. They responded in 3 days. Only 2 days before, an American with a Russian fiance' was rejected by the same consulate.

I am by no means telling K1 cases to not try. What I am saying is if you are CR/IR cases, don't be discouraged by news that a K1 case was rejected.

Hi, Aleksey...

So, you applied for the Hungary Schengen from the St. Petersburg visa center?  My fiancé is the the Mari El area - nowhere near St. Pete.  How did you apply for it?  Will she have to go to St. Pete to pick it up?  Do they have requirements for Schengen?  She is not working and I am sponsoring her.  Obviously, this is for immigration, not a "travel visit" to Hungary, per se.  We would stay a couple of days and then go to Warsaw from Hungary, but we would go by plane.  I don't think there is any border patrol at the airport, or so I hear, that would present any problems.  Then, we would come a day early and go to the interview.  We have things set to have visa sent to a MBE mailbox location not far from her in Cheboksary.   Did you say that they tell you a location to get visa (in Warsaw) and you just waited a couple of days?  Also, a Russian translator is needed?  They don't have one, even though Warsaw was designated for Russian K1 visa interviews???  Or they do, as I am now reading?  

My biggest question right now is how you applied for the Schengen visa.  Can you provide me details?

Was it through here?  Did you do it or did your wife do it?

Welcome to VFS Global | vfsglobal

Thanks!

Andy

Edited by Infoman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.