visa38579843

Post office couldn't deliver notice 5 months ago, what to do?

11 posts in this topic

My husband, the CPR, just checked his case status for the first time in a long time, and it turns out he was sent "a notice" in September 2023 that couldn't be delivered and was returned to USCIS. Is there any way to know now whether this was an interview or an approval? If it was an interview notice and we missed it, what are our options? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

When did he file? 

Have you received all the usual notices after you first file (extension letter, biometric if applicable)?

lastly, does the case number start with IOE?

He filed in 2022 and got the initial receipt letter, and the case number starts with WAC.

1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

It might have been biometrics or interview notice. I don't think it would have been an approval, otherwise he’d get the GC. 

I would try to fill out the e-request for notice non delivery 

I see, thank you. He did just fill out the request for the notice to be re-delivered. Are we in big trouble if it was an interview notice? Do you know what our options would be?

12 minutes ago, visa38579843 said:

I see, thank you. He did just fill out the request for the notice to be re-delivered. Are we in big trouble if it was an interview notice? Do you know what our options would be?

Rather, is there a time limit on missing a notice, to get the interview rescheduled if it was that? He had already done biometrics before at some point in the process, I can't remember if it was before the i-751 or after.

7 minutes ago, visa38579843 said:

You have  an advantage that you have the non-delivery documented in the online status update. If it comes down to fighting the USCIS I’d involve your representative (senator or congressperson ) and see if they can advocate for you. 

for the future, I’d advise putting your names on the mailbox, sometimes USPS doesn’t deliver sensitive mail when there’s no name on the mailbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I don't think it's interview, otherwise, he'd have gotten NOID by now

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

@visa38579843 did you move since filing I-751? Were AR-11 and I-865 filed in timely manner? 

Thanks for the reply. We have moved since then, he definitely filed I-865 as soon as we moved, but I'm not sure about AR-11. His address was correct on his USCIS account. Does anyone have advice for making sure the new notice doesn't also get returned? Is it worth calling USCIS?

1 hour ago, Timona said:

I don't think it's interview, otherwise, he'd have gotten NOID by now

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.