Litnay

Priority dates (Merged)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi I am starting this forum to ask a question. I was filed for by my mom in 2017. At first a visa was not available for me, last year I received an email from nvc stating they are ready to proceed with collecting documents. Payments were made and documents submitted, further in the year I received another email saying I am awaiting an interview date but because my priority date isn’t current I will have to wait until it’s current. Does anyone know typically how long you stay DQ until your priority date is current? 

34 minutes ago, Litnay said:

Hi I am starting this forum to ask a question. I was filed for by my mom in 2017. At first a visa was not available for me, last year I received an email from nvc stating they are ready to proceed with collecting documents. Payments were made and documents submitted, further in the year I received another email saying I am awaiting an interview date but because my priority date isn’t current I will have to wait until it’s current. Does anyone know typically how long you stay DQ until your priority date is current? 

You need to wait until your PD is current on the Visa Bulletin - currently those who applied before 8th Feb 2015 have visas available to them. The VB is released monthly, just bear in mind it's not linear and may not move forward at the same rate as time does. For example, a year ago it was 1st Dec 2014, so has only moved forward just over 2 months in a year. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-march-2024.html

Once your PD is current, you'll then be added to the queue for an interview. Good luck.

Edited by appleblossom

Just now, Litnay said:

Do you know whether it’s possible to apply for a visitors visa while waiting seeing that I’ve been waiting for over 8 years 

Yes, absolutely. I wouldn't get your hopes up, as you have immigrant intent and it's going to be hard to overcome that, but you can certainly apply. If the application is refused, your mother will just need to keep visiting you until your IV is granted I'm afraid (or you can meet in a third country). 

16 minutes ago, Litnay said:

Hey. How long did you wait for your priority date to become current 

Are you asking anybody specific? Those who applied in the past will generally have a shorter wait than those applying now due to the increasing number of applicants and growing backlog. All you can do is keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin each month and see how/if it moves.

And please fill in your timeline, that way people will know what your PD is and what category you're applying under when you ask questions.

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

• powerpuff changed the title to Priority dates (Merged)
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did not need to wait, there was no delpay in my category.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.