Teddy123

Confusion with names, please help..

7 posts in this topic

I made a mistake with my name or names (?) as I would say. When I applied to renew for my Philippine passport, the embassy told me that I should use my maiden name as my middle name which is like the law from my home country and so they printed my passport like so (example: Teddy Rose Monk) and the passport is my one and only identification that have my name like it. But, the thing is I did not know that before I got married in the US. I have all my US driver’s license, greencard, and marriage certificate without a middle name (example: Teddy Monk) because I “thought” that its going to make it easier lol 

My question is: will that be an issue when I apply for my citizenship? What name/s should I use when I apply? Do I need to talk to an immigration lawyer for this? Because we didn’t with K1 visa and adjustment of status.. please help!!

no issue. just mentioned all ur names and what name that u prefer. many people in your shoes, passport with A and the US stuffs with B. and middle name usually is initial anyway in the US. u can get a completely new name for example : GAGA MADONNA CAREY ( first, middle,last name) if you want when you apply for ur citizenship. the sky is your limit

Edited by Verrou

6 minutes ago, Verrou said:

no issue. just mentioned all ur names and what name that u prefer. many people in your shoes, passport with A and the US stuffs with B. and middle name usually is initial anyway in the US. u can get a completely new name for example : GAGA MADONNA CAREY ( first, middle,last name) if you want when you apply for ur citizenship. the sky is your limit

How can I do it?.. thru N-400 form? If yes, what name should I use? The name I have in my passport or the name I have in all my US documents when I initially write my name on the form? 

4 minutes ago, Teddy123 said:

How can I do it?.. thru N-400 form? If yes, what name should I use? The name I have in my passport or the name I have in all my US documents when I initially write my name on the form? 

yes all through n-400 form. if ur question : what name should i put as petitioner? i will follow ur name on the greencard. your pinoy passport name is irrelevant, but u can put that passport name in the box ( if theres box for that) :"what other name that u used". and if u want to change ur name tp completely a brand new name, u can too ( i hope thats not ur question because i dont think we should choose ur new name for u). its up to u

Edited by Verrou

21 hours ago, Verrou said:

your pinoy passport name is irrelevant, but u can put that passport name in the box ( if theres box for that) :"what other name that u used". 

I don't think it's a matter of choice, any other names used must be disclosed in that field.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.