millie1991

No NOA1 text / letter for our i-129f after 31 days... when do we worry something has gone wrong? (Merged threads)

24 posts in this topic

If you don't hear anything after 30 days you can email the lockbox. We heard nothing well past 30 days. My fiance and I did this and got confirmation they had received it, gave us our case number and then sent a new copy of the NOA1. Unfortunately the original copy of the NOA1 got sent back and gave us a document returned status but your case still processes if you get that so don't worry!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

We filed our NOA1 31 days ago on Feb 10th. It took 17 days for the check to be cashed (this was done and came out of the account on Feb 27th) however we still have no text, no email, no letter, nothing after 31 days. Everyone else I see applying at the moment seems to be getting theirs fine, with a letter after 1-2 weeks and a text in a few days... 

They have cashed the check so they do at least have it, but getting really concerned at not having a receipt notice number. We have emailed the lockbox, no reply. We have called, and they just said to wait. 

Aware the wait is long (after 4 years of long distance I am well used to waiting) however I really just want to know the packet has been accepted and recieved. Is there anything else we can do, or does this seem as abnormal as I think it is?

On 2/23/2024 at 4:53 AM, NizoPark said:

If you don't hear anything after 30 days you can email the lockbox. We heard nothing well past 30 days. My fiance and I did this and got confirmation they had received it, gave us our case number and then sent a new copy of the NOA1. Unfortunately the original copy of the NOA1 got sent back and gave us a document returned status but your case still processes if you get that so don't worry!

Can I ask how long it took to hear from the lockbox? Now at 31 days and emailed the lockbox last week but no reply. Has an auto mail saying a reply can take another 30 business days, so 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, millie1991 said:

I really just want to know the packet has been accepted and recieved. 

If the check has been cashed, it's definitely been accepted and received.

Just now, appleblossom said:

If the check has been cashed, it's definitely been accepted and received.

Thanks. I know them charging it is a good sign but it just seems so frustrating that we are unable to get our application number. We have rung and they say they can't do anything, we've emailed and not getting a response. We need that number to get any updates during the process so I'm really just not sure at this point what can be done to get that number. 

13 hours ago, millie1991 said:

Thanks. I know them charging it is a good sign but it just seems so frustrating that we are unable to get our application number. We have rung and they say they can't do anything, we've emailed and not getting a response. We need that number to get any updates during the process so I'm really just not sure at this point what can be done to get that number. 

I asked someone on the 'talk to a live agent' through Emma. I would try that way.

Expect perhaps a 'document returned to uscis if you haven't received a physical copy in a couple months. This happened to us.

• powerpuff changed the title to No NOA1 text / letter for our i-129f after 31 days... when do we worry something has gone wrong? (Merged threads)
  • 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.