AZ_linda

N400 interview - Phoenix

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you request a combo interview?  Are you 100% certain it's not a combo interview for both the ROC and the N-400?  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

4 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Did you request a combo interview?  Are you 100% certain it's not a combo interview for both the ROC and the N-400?  

I honestly can’t remember if I requested a combo interview. The letter doesn’t state anything about the ROC so I’m assuming the interview is just for the N400. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

As far as I know the letter doesn't (always) specifically mention the ROC. I would bring my spouse and the relevant documents/evidence just in case!

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

20 minutes ago, oneoftheunderdogs said:

As far as I know the letter doesn't (always) specifically mention the ROC. I would bring my spouse and the relevant documents/evidence just in case!

Oh thank you! I’m thinking of bringing my husband’s and our kid’s birth certificates, car insurance, health insurance, marriage certificate and tax transcripts. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AZ_linda said:

Oh thank you! I’m thinking of bringing my husband’s and our kid’s birth certificates, car insurance, health insurance, marriage certificate and tax transcripts. 

Bring your husband, too!

Naturalization

Removal of Conditions

Marriage-Based AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/6/2024 at 9:32 AM, AZ_linda said:

Hi! Has anyone had their interview in Phoenix and can tell me what to expect? Mine is coming up tomorrow. I didn’t realize I’ll have to wait for the ROC to get approved before getting my citizenship. 

Hey, how was your interview?

1 hour ago, KennethBk said:

Hey, how was your interview?

It went really well! It turns out it was a combo interview so I’m glad I brought all the extra documentation, they made my husband and kids wait in the waiting room though. I answered all six questions correct and passed, so now I’m waiting for the letter for the ceremony. 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AZ_linda said:

It went really well! It turns out it was a combo interview so I’m glad I brought all the extra documentation, they made my husband and kids wait in the waiting room though. I answered all six questions correct and passed, so now I’m waiting for the letter for the ceremony. 😊

Congratulations!!

I just did my interview in Phoenix office and I thought I'd share. It took me a little less than 7 months. When you arrive, there will be plenty of parking, and they will let you in 30 minutes before the interview. When you go in with the officer, they get your fingerprint from both of your index fingers, then the officer would ask you to raise your right hand to pledge that you wouldn't lie.

For me they confirmed my name, address, date of birth, marital status, etc. from the start (i guess to confirm that it is me?). The officer asked civics questions, reading and writing (very easy), and started asking questions on Part 12 from N400. Make sure you listen to questions carefully because most of the answers will be no (unless you did anything), but it becomes yes when you are asked about your duties as a citizen.

I had additional out of country trips since my application, but they already had it in the system. I had to update my employment and my title, and thank god I brought my document. They didn't take it but wrote down the name and address of my new job. I think your paystub, W-2, verification letter/offer letter would suffice as long as it contains those info... 

They didn't ask me why I wanted to become a citizen, my previous address, or definitions.. but I speak English fluently and I was even having a small talk before the interview.

They told me to wait outside and they gave me a letter that my oath was scheduled at a courthouse, so no same day ceremony, but overall it was a breeze. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.

I found US Citizenship Test. Org Youtube very helpful (I'm not affiliated). I watched the interview, and practice 100 civics questions from Youtube so that I can listen to the questions. Thier mock interview videos were on point.

https://www.youtube.com/c/USCitizenshipTestOrg

Edited by Charmss

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Charmss said:

I just did my interview in Phoenix office and I thought I'd share. It took me a little less than 7 months. When you arrive, there will be plenty of parking, and they will let you in 30 minutes before the interview. When you go in, they get your fingerprint from both of your index fingers, then the officer would ask you to raise your right hand to pledge that you wouldn't lie.

For me they confirmed my name, address, date of birth, marital status, etc. from the start (i guess to confirm that it is me?). The officer asked civics questions, reading and writing (very easy), and started asking questions on Part 12 from N400. Make sure you listen to questions carefully because most of the answers will be no (unless you did anything), but it becomes yes when you are asked about your duties as a citizen.

I had additional out of country trips since my application, but they already had it in the system. I had to update my employment and my title, and thank god I brought my document. They didn't take it but wrote down the name and address of my new job. I think your paystub, W-2, verification letter/offer letter would suffice as long as it contains those info... 

They didn't ask me why I wanted to become a citizen, my previous address, or definitions.. but I speak English fluently and I was even having a small talk before the interview.

They told me to wait outside and they gave me a letter that my oath was scheduled at a courthouse, so no same day ceremony, but overall it was a breeze. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.

I found US Citizenship Test. Org Youtube very helpful (I'm not affiliated). I watched the interview, and practice 100 civics questions from Youtube so that I can listen to the questions. Thier mock interview videos were on point.

Congratulations!!

Timeline
On 3/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, AZ_linda said:

Congratulations!! Just to clarify, it was a combo interview, but they didn't interview you AND your husband for the I-751?

21 hours ago, Charmss said:

I just did my interview in Phoenix office and I thought I'd share. It took me a little less than 7 months. When you arrive, there will be plenty of parking, and they will let you in 30 minutes before the interview. When you go in with the officer, they get your fingerprint from both of your index fingers, then the officer would ask you to raise your right hand to pledge that you wouldn't lie.

Congratulations!

Naturalization

Removal of Conditions

Marriage-Based AOS

16 minutes ago, oneoftheunderdogs said:

Congratulations!! Just to clarify, it was a combo interview, but they didn't interview you AND your husband for the I-751?

Congratulations!

Thank you! That’s right, I thought it was strange but maybe because we had two small kids? I don’t really know but he was asked to stay in the waiting room. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my fellow AZ N400 filers, below is my experience.

Submitted my N400 online on 10/29/23, same day finger prints reuse notice sent to my USCIS account given I had renewed my work based GC on Feb, '20, before everything shut down due to pandemic.

10/29/23 - N400 online submission
10/29/23 - same day re-use of fingerprints notice
2/7/24 - notice of appointment schedule
3/21/24 - check-in at 8am, finger print index finger then interview with IO and approved for 4/5 oath

6 Civic questions - name your state senator, speaker of the house, SC Chief justice, name an Indian Native tribe, name of a founding father

Then write who was George Washington, on a computer screen

IO went through my N400, she updated a couple of questions :) no issues on her side, I had a misdemeanor while in undergrad on an F1 visa, thankfully it was also on my I485 application so no additional questions, and nothing major aside from a couple of speeding tickets since my GC was issued.

The IO was very calm and polite, the whole interview lasted 20 minutes then I was asked to wait in the lobby for about 25 minutes where I was given my approved for oath letter and 4/5 Oath date letter.

It has been a long journey especially since I came here on an F1 visa, then H1B, then employer based GC.

Let me know if you'd like me to clarify any details.

On 3/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, kido72138 said:

Hi my fellow AZ N400 filers, below is my experience.

Submitted my N400 online on 10/29/23, same day finger prints reuse notice sent to my USCIS account given I had renewed my work based GC on Feb, '20, before everything shut down due to pandemic.

10/29/23 - N400 online submission
10/29/23 - same day re-use of fingerprints notice
2/7/24 - notice of appointment schedule
3/21/24 - check-in at 8am, finger print index finger then interview with IO and approved for 4/5 oath

6 Civic questions - name your state senator, speaker of the house, SC Chief justice, name an Indian Native tribe, name of a founding father

Then write who was George Washington, on a computer screen

IO went through my N400, she updated a couple of questions :) no issues on her side, I had a misdemeanor while in undergrad on an F1 visa, thankfully it was also on my I485 application so no additional questions, and nothing major aside from a couple of speeding tickets since my GC was issued.

The IO was very calm and polite, the whole interview lasted 20 minutes then I was asked to wait in the lobby for about 25 minutes where I was given my approved for oath letter and 4/5 Oath date letter.

It has been a long journey especially since I came here on an F1 visa, then H1B, then employer based GC.

Let me know if you'd like me to clarify any details.

Congratulations! Enjoy your oath ceremony! I had mine last Friday and it was very moving and felt like a big moment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.