SadFace

Parents visa

33 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hey!

Does anyone knows where you should request delivery documents after interview in WAW? 

I remember last year before interview they wanted to see page from account (личный кабинет) with delivery address, but address was specific, I dont remember it. I wonder if rules have changed. 

thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

@millefleur I was doing some reading on SAO processing of 221g and I found more things you may want to include in the pinned thread:

Things you would be doing in the US that can get you flagged:

• Graduate level studies
  • Teaching
  • Conducting research
  • Exchange programs
  • Receiving training/employment (is this not most people once they settle???)
  • "Engaging in commercial transactions" (again, is this not most people???)

Technology alert list industries (suspected)

• i. Conventional Munitions;
  • ii. Nuclear Technology, Physics, and Engineering;
  • iii. Rocket Systems and Unmanned Air Vehicle;
  • iv. Navigation, Avionics and Flight Control;
  • v. Chemical, Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering;
  • vi. Remote Sensing, Imaging and Reconnaissance;
  • vii. Advanced Computer/Microelectronic Technology;
  • viii. Materials Technology;
  • ix. Information Security;
  • x. Laser and Directed Energy Systems Technology;
  • xi. Sensors and Sensor Technology;
  • xii. Marine Technology; and
  • xiii. Robotics Urban Planning 

Nationalities most effected:

• DOS state sponsors of terrorism list (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria)
  • The five nonproliferation export control countries (China, India, Israel, Pakistan and Russia)

I did not know Israel was in that list, given how close ties between the US and Israel are, and how many dual nationals and marriages exist. I'll leave it up to you but it may be worth making pinned threads for other regional portals, too.

And for anyone else reading, I found this too!

SAOs include:

• Mantis: This SAO is triggered when the consulate suspects a visa applicant may be violating the Technology Alert List (TAL). The TAL includes critical fields of employment, such as nuclear technology, robotics, sensors, aircraft and missile systems, advanced computer technology, biotechnology, etc. Officers will listen for key words during your interview indicating you may be working in a critical area. Additionally, if you are a citizen of a country deemed a state sponsor of terrorism (Iran, Sudan, Syria and North Korea) or a country of proliferation concern, and you are seeking to engage in a commercial or academic activity in a critical field, your application will likely be flagged.
  • Condor: This SAO is issued when an applicant is from a predominantly Muslim country.
  • Donkey: This SAO is administered through the Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS), which is used to perform namechecks of visa and passport applicants. Checks are run through various search engines that run against government databases.
  • Eagle: This SAO is triggered when an applicant is from a country deemed to be a state sponsor of terrorism.

Pretty cool huh? Feels like we are the cast of Kung Fu Panda :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know if I can post sources but here:

https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/sites/default/files/documents/pdfs/Immigrants/Administrative-Processing-FAQ.pdf

https://sstech.us/blogs/221g-and-administrative-processing/

Lots of good stuff from universities. I guess a good amount of students get hit with 221g too...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.