Colombo01

Houston Oath Ceremony - Are Guests Allowed at M. O. Campbell Educational Center

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I haven't seen any recent posts and wanted to see if anyone has any updated information.  My wife is taking the oath ceremony on March 6, 2024.  The location is at the M. O. Campbell Center, 1865 Aldine Bender Rd FM 525, Houston, TX 77032.

I'm trying to find out if any guests would be allowed in the ceremony or not.  I've seen past posts where guests were not allowed at the ceremony at the Gears rd location, but nothing about the Aldine Bender location.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 2/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, Colombo01 said:

Hello,

I haven't seen any recent posts and wanted to see if anyone has any updated information.  My wife is taking the oath ceremony on March 6, 2024.  The location is at the M. O. Campbell Center, 1865 Aldine Bender Rd FM 525, Houston, TX 77032.

I'm trying to find out if any guests would be allowed in the ceremony or not.  I've seen past posts where guests were not allowed at the ceremony at the Gears rd location, but nothing about the Aldine Bender location.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

If you find out, please let me know.    Just want to prepare , still awaiting husbands interview.   

And congrats to your wife, must be such a relief to be done with the whole process.

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Some feedback on my original question, guest are allowed at the M. O. Campbell Education Center. The oath ceremony was yesterday, 1,259 people took the oath and there was a good turn out of friends and family.

We were there around 7, the line moved relatively quickly. Please note there are two sides of the building (east & west) to enter so take note of that on the application so you stand in the correct line. They wrapped up the ceremony around 9:30, visitors were asked to exit, and then around 10 my wife finished the check out process.

The overall process was well organized.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Colombo01 said:

Some feedback on my original question, guest are allowed at the M. O. Campbell Education Center. The oath ceremony was yesterday, 1,259 people took the oath and there was a good turn out of friends and family.

We were there around 7, the line moved relatively quickly. Please note there are two sides of the building (east & west) to enter so take note of that on the application so you stand in the correct line. They wrapped up the ceremony around 9:30, visitors were asked to exit, and then around 10 my wife finished the check out process.

The overall process was well organized.

Congrats to her  ♥

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My wife had her oath ceremony at the M.O. Campbell educational center yesterday March 27. 1300 new citizens. Friends and family allowed. It's a small basketball arena. Friends and family sit in the upper deck, new citizens sit in the lower section.

Her letter said to arrive at 8. We got there at 7:20. Plenty of parking. At 7:30 or so they started letting people in. Friends and family through one line to the upper seats, new citizens to the check in lines and lower seats. Then they would have the new citizens get out of the seats row by row and do more checking in and whatnot.

The actual ceremony started at 10 am when the judge showed up. 45 minutes of judge talking and then a lady giving a speech. Lots of emphasis on voter registration.

Ceremony ends and then new citizens have to line up again to get their certificates.

My wife got out at 11:30 a.m.

Call me jaded but I think this ceremony is best avoided. It was a 45 minute drive there and then 2.5 hours of waiting for the ceremony to start and then the ceremony itself is pretty boring and it's not like your family member is getting singled out for an award.

The M.C. said a few times "We do this every month on Wednesdays." I don't know if that means the last Wednesday of every month, or the fourth Wednesday of every month.  Someone posted back in the thread about a ceremony on March 6 I think, which would suggest they are more often than once a month.  My wife's interview was Feb. 28, so I'm sure it was too late for the March 6 cutoff.  

But anyway, if someone is naturalizing through the Houston office, and you want to guess when your oath ceremony will be, I think 3-5 weeks after your interview and on a Wednesday is a pretty good guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.