23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, brkendream said:

Hello Every one . 

Thanks every one for answering and participating in my thread.  Again I am here with few questions I hope you all will answer and help me out 

#1: What is case status update on CEAC ?

#2: What this means ?

#3: How significant this is for applicant in AP ?

#4: How often one can get this case status update?

#5: When can I expect my first update after submitting Ds-5535 ?

#6:Do I need to worry if I don't get any update in 2 weeks (Mine is showing the date of my interview (Is this means no update ). 

#7:How will I know Embassy received my Ds-5535 and the form is correct and got accepted ?

For info I haven't received any email from them.

Extended Administrative Processing is open-ended.  That means there is no time limit.  The status updates don't mean anything.  You are in a waiting game.  Don't expect any news or information until the processing is done. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

What is case update date  at CEAC means ? How will I know if embassy got my Ds-5535 and the form is as per there requirement ? Its been 10 days and I have no response . Should I contact them ? How to contact Islamabad Embassy for immigrant visa(can any one help me with email). 

Thank you all for responding to my thread and my questions. 

The status updates do not have a meaning, at least not the one you’re looking for. You’re trying to read way too much into it

I’m sure the courier service shows “delivered” so that’s your proof. The consulate doesn’t have an obligation to confirm delivery for everything.

I would be very careful with bombarding the consulate with emails. I’m sure they will not appreciate that given how many people go through what you’re going through 

2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

The status updates do not have a meaning, at least not the one you’re looking for. You’re trying to read way too much into it

I’m sure the courier service shows “delivered” so that’s your proof. The consulate doesn’t have an obligation to confirm delivery for everything.

I would be very careful with bombarding the consulate with emails. I’m sure they will not appreciate that given how many people go through what you’re going through 

Problem is mine Ds-5535 was online , so that's why I am worried about last status update or want to know How to contact embassy and ask if they got my form and it is accepted(as per there requirements)

And you are right about me trying reading way to much  , Thing is this been way to long ( I waited 3 years just for interview on spouse visa) this waiting is getting good out of me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

One whole long month is gone but I still don't have any last date update on my ceac and I also didn't receive any email from embassy .

How the hell I spouse to know if My ds-5535(which I filled online and submitted online) is accepted and as per embassy requirements ??? 

What should I do know ?  And please can any one give me email address for Islamabad US embassy (immigration visa help line) . So  I can email them. 

On 3/6/2024 at 1:02 AM, brkendream said:

Hello everyone, 

One whole long month is gone but I still don't have any last date update on my ceac and I also didn't receive any email from embassy .

How the hell I spouse to know if My ds-5535(which I filled online and submitted online) is accepted and as per embassy requirements ??? 

What should I do know ?  And please can any one give me email address for Islamabad US embassy (immigration visa help line) . So  I can email them. 

If you submitted it online then you know it's been received (there would have been a message saying so after you hit the 'submit' button). If it doesn't meet the consulate requirements then they'll be in touch again.

Nothing to do but wait, you won't get any kind of update in the interim as said above.

Edited by appleblossom

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Tomorrow 5th April will be 2 months since my case is in AP(Ds-5535) , I don't have any case last update yet on CEAC . I am going to email Islamabad  embassy (Pakistan) and will ask them politely what ****** is going on . I have also not receive any conformation email from  them about my Ds-5535(If they received it or not and was it up to the standards and correct) .

I waited 3 years for my interview (yes for interview) and my category is IR-1......In short this whole Ds-5535 thing is ******, especially when millions of people illegally cross into US every year.

Whole thing started in 2016 and Still going on , And my category is IR-1 ............  7 years 8 months already passed ....... 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

****One comment edited by Moderator to remove inappropriate language. To avoid admin action, please remember to abide by the Terms of Service****

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.