valleyofthehills

TKY number requested

6 posts in this topic

My fiancee has now gotten to the point where she will have medical and interview scheduled. But the medical needs to be done first, and she was instructed to schedule an appointment with one of the approved medical centers.

But there was an issue that she must provide a TKY number, presumably from the confirmation receipt. But the TKY number are for immigration visa applicants, which is not what the K-1 lies under. She has a confirmation code starting with the letter "A" and a corresponding barcode. She clarified that she is on a K-1 visa application, which is a non-immigrant visa, but they insist that she provide a TKY number to schedule an appointment. 

We are now unsure on how to proceed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
34 minutes ago, valleyofthehills said:

But there was an issue that she must provide a TKY number, presumably from the confirmation receipt. But the TKY number are for immigration visa applicants, which is not what the K-1 lies under. She has a confirmation code starting with the letter "A" and a corresponding barcode. She clarified that she is on a K-1 visa application, which is a non-immigrant visa, but they insist that she provide a TKY number to schedule an appointment. 

30 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Sounds like they want the NVC case number which starts with 3 letters of the consulate. I’m assuming it’s TKY

I just looked back at my old pile of documents, I interviewed at the Tokyo embassy and did indeed have a TKY number in the welcome letter from the embassy, it was also written on the copy of the approved I-129F.

If your fiancee is not in Japan, the theory fails... :)

1 hour ago, valleyofthehills said:

But the TKY number are for immigration visa applicants, which is not what the K-1 lies under.

Assuming the interview will be in Tokyo, K1 cases do actually have TKY numbers, as mentioned above.  You need that TKY number for the rest of the K1 process.

Did you or your fiancee not get a welcome email when the K1 case was transferred from NVC to the embassy?  Maybe check your trash/spam folders.

Yes, it is Tokyo.  There is no welcome letter.  I checked the approved 1-129F and there is nothing starting with "TKY". Only the receipt number starting with "WAC". It was the California office. On the DS-160 confirmation, under "Selected application location", there are TKY letters by it self. Nothing else next to it. The following lines under it is the embassy address. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, valleyofthehills said:

Yes, it is Tokyo.  There is no welcome letter.  I checked the approved 1-129F and there is nothing starting with "TKY". Only the receipt number starting with "WAC". It was the California office. On the DS-160 confirmation, under "Selected application location", there are TKY letters by it self. Nothing else next to it. The following lines under it is the embassy address. 

Things may have changed since 2016, but in my case I (the beneficiary) got a letter from the US embassy in Tokyo notifying me that they were ready to start processing my case, it had a case number starting with TKY, a copy of the approved I-129F including A-number, WAC number and TKY number added. It also had an instruction sheet on how to start the DS-160, how to book medical etc and how to book visa appointment etc.

Note that this was sent to me in Japan, not the petitioner, she never saw the TKY number on anything sent to her in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.