CarlosV

i864 Question - embassy interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

My wife had her interview today (2/1). The embassy said I needed to resubmit I864 to them for my step-daughter.

For part 2 I have my step-daughter info.

Part 3.1 - I checked yes

Part 3.2 - I checked yes

Family member 1 (4.a - 6) I put my wife's info

Family member 2 (9.a - 11) I put my step-daughter info

Was this correct?

Consulate circled Family member 2 and I do not know the problem

Thx

image.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

The petition you filed for your wife is a i130 petition (immediate relativd petition or category ), meaning that no derivate beneficiaries are available for this type of petition.

In simple words, your step child is not a derivate beneficiary, the embassy in Bolivia wants a separate i864 form for your step child.

Also, did you filed a separate i130 form for your step child as well? Your step child needs her or his needs own immigrant visa application.

Part 3, question 2 should be empty since you need to file a separate petition and a separate i864 (financial form) for your step child. 

Edited by CitizenWheelz

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CitizenWheelz said:

The petition you filed for your wife is a i130 petition (immediate relativd petition or category ), meaning that no derivate beneficiaries are available for this type of petition.

In simple words, your step child is not a derivate beneficiary, the embassy in Bolivia wants a separate i864 form for your step child.

Also, did you filed a separate i130 form for your step child as well? Your step child needs her or his needs own immigrant visa application.

Part 3, question 2 should be empty since you need to file a separate petition and a separate i864 (financial form) for your step child. 

I filed a separate I130 and paid all fees for both. Submitted 2 I864. My step-daughter is in family #2.

Is there an error here?

14 minutes ago, CitizenWheelz said:

I forgot to add that if you are the only sponsor for your wife and step child, make sure you financially qualify (i864) for both of them. 

I earn enough to support both

10 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

I filed a separate I130 and paid all fees for both.

Just to be really clear - you submitted two I-30's? One for your wife and another one for her daughter?

Just checking!

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
15 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

I filed a separate I130 and paid all fees for both. Submitted 2 I864. My step-daughter is in family #2.

Is there an error here?

I earn enough to support both

If you filed i130 for each of them and i864 for each of them then the only thing that could be wrong is what they marked. Part 3 question 2. It should be empty since your stepchild is not a derivate beneficiary. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Correct procedure now is to provide two new I-864 forms that are properly completed.  You failed to follow the instructions that indicates 1. One affidavit for each petitioned immigrant, and 2. Don't count anybody twice.  They no you qualify, but you need to form is a contract.  You only provided a contract for your wife.  Do not list any other immigrants.  Child is simply counted in your household size on the wife's form, and wife is counted as spouse on the child's form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Just to be really clear - you submitted two I-30's? One for your wife and another one for her daughter?

Just checking!

Yes. 2 I130. 1 for wife and 1 for step-daughter

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct procedure now is to provide two new I-864 forms that are properly completed.  You failed to follow the instructions that indicates 1. One affidavit for each petitioned immigrant, and 2. Don't count anybody twice.  They no you qualify, but you need to form is a contract.  You only provided a contract for your wife.  Do not list any other immigrants.  Child is simply counted in your household size on the wife's form, and wife is counted as spouse on the child's form.

This isn't clear to me. I need to know what to put on the I864. My step-daughter is in part 2 for this I864.

What do I put on family member #1 & #2. That is why I submitted the images.

Thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

This isn't clear to me. I need to know what to put on the I864. My step-daughter is in part 2 for this I864.

What do I put on family member #1 & #2. That is why I submitted the images.

Thanks

Do not list your stepdaughter as an immigrant on your wife's affidavit.  Do not list your wife as an immigrant on your step daughter's affidavit.  Each gets their own.  Each affidavit lists only one immigrant.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Do not list your stepdaughter as an immigrant on your wife's affidavit.  Do not list your wife as an immigrant on your step daughter's affidavit.  Each gets their own.  Each affidavit lists only one immigrant.

Again. That is not answering my question specifically which is - what goes in family 1 and 2. Is it nothing? Or just my step-daughter?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Again. That is not answering my question specifically which is - what goes in family 1 and 2. Is it nothing? Or just my step-daughter?

You are sponsoring only one immigrant per affidavit, so don't check any boxes or add any names in part 3.  I told you that using different words.  If you follow my instructions, you'll get the same result.  Now I've told you in the exact words you want to hear.

This is covered very well in the step by step instructions.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Like others already replied, don't enter anything in Part 3. Part 3 is about information regarding the immigrant that you the sponsor will be sponsoring and this should be only your wife (already named in part 2) not your step child since your step child is not a derivate beneficiary of your wife's immigrant visa application. 

Read the instructions before filling up the i864 form, you don't want to re submit it and get it wrong again, this will delay your wife's case at NVC. Take your time to learn, read and look for help if necessary. Good luck. 

Timeline

Part 3, Family member 1 and 2 should be empty.

Family 2: Your step child should have her or his own i864 form. No need to include it in this part of the form. Your step child is not a derivate from your wife's immigrant visa application. 

(apply the same rule and logic for your step child i864 form). 

Family 1: Your wife is already included in Part 2, so no need to include it again in part 3. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.