widude

Philippines Immunization Record? Additional Vaccines?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée is in Gen Santos City, Philippines. We are early in the process, 129F received, receipt number. I was looking ahead, I see a request for an immigration record. She mentioned it should be available, should.

My questions are, maybe more for her, is it hard to find a replacement copy? I imagine a process. How important is this record, at the medical?

The more important thing, does the USA require shots that likely have to be added? Yes I did see some type of at least recommended immunizations for USA entry. I thought if needed, we could start now. 

One last thing, I have read about not passing the lung X-ray the 1st time. With that comes mention of taking a broad based, OTC antibiotic. What is the name of this antibiotic? I realize the next option is to involve a doctor. 

I’m just trying to stay ahead of preventable 3 week to 2+ month delays as able, thanks. 

Timeline

Providing an immunization record keeps you from getting unneeded (duplicate) immunizations.  Not having one just means she will get all required immunizations.  Not many provide a record.  It is no big deal if she does not have one.

All shots required for US entry will be given during medical.  There is no point in getting them before the medical exam.

For "failing" the chest x-ray, the result is that you undergo sputum testing.  Sputum is collected for 3 days and then cultured.  That is what the 2-month delay is about.  If the culture comes back negative, you can complete the medical exam at that point.  That is usually the end of it.  If, however, the culture comes back positive, that is when treatment would start.  TB treatment would be under direct physician care, with the medication and duration determined by the doctor, typically around 6 months.

There is nothing "preventable" about the chest x-ray.  SLEC looks at it and makes the decision.  All you can do is hope you aren't flagged.

She should get her COVID vaccine before her medical.  Saint Lukes will give any others that she needs.

There is a lot of ridiculous and possibly dangerous "advice" going around on Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram etc about suposesed tricks to improve ones odds with Saint luke's x-ray machine.  Some girls are taking massive doses of various random antibiotics and other strong medicines that one can buy in a country where prescriptions are not really required.  Along with various Chinese traditional medicines and Chinese pharmaceuticals that no one knows what they actually are.  Exercise routines, special diets, you name it.  I would be very dubious about any advice you see on the internet about special tricks to ensure passing the x-ray.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline

Correct about the Covid vaccine.  It is pretty clearly stated on the SLEC website that it is required prior to medical.  Also correct about the dubious prep methods for the X-ray.  The result will be whatever they say it is.  No method of prep is going to do anything to eliminate lung scarring.  However, if it is something harmless like eating a lot of spinach and drinking lots of whole milk, there is no harm in that.  It won't affect the result, but it might make her less anxious about it.

Saint Lukes will send a K1 through without COVID vaccine saying she can just do it in the US but they will give her an "incomplete" medical.  So, when she is in the US adjusting status she would probably have to re-do the entire medical since you probably can't find a Civil Surgeon that would be willing to sign it off as complete with only the COVID vaccine.  Way easier to get the COVID vaccine in the Philippines before Saint Lukes.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

3 hours ago, top_secret said:

Saint Lukes will send a K1 through without COVID vaccine saying she can just do it in the US but they will give her an "incomplete" medical.  So, when she is in the US adjusting status she would probably have to re-do the entire medical since you probably can't find a Civil Surgeon that would be willing to sign it off as complete with only the COVID vaccine.  Way easier to get the COVID vaccine in the Philippines before Saint Lukes.

No covid vaccine available anywhere in Philippines. My wife tried to get one recently and they told her no more vaccine available.

Timeline

I’m not so much thinking about any Covid vaccine, just wondering if we should get ahead of anything before the medical appointment. It sounds like if something was missing, it could be given at that check? 

Side question, our 129F was received , CA receipt number, just a week ago. What’s the next step? Does it eventually go to that NVC, or whatever that acronym is? Besides any next steps & notifications, should we be doing anything now?

I plan another visit to the Philippines in March, of course add to the bonafide relationship evidence.   

• 3 months later...

Don’t worry about the covid vaccine, did my medical this month and I ddnt get the covid injection either and I’m able to complete my medical. St Luke’s is aware that covid injection is no longer available in PH. They will write during you immunization that covid injection is not routinely available. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.