quistarrok

N400 Naturalization Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello - I have a naturalization interview coming up. I am a VAWA survivor. 

Questions:

1) What to expect during the interview: process, how much time will it take, what do I need to sign etc

2) Steps after the interview - will I be approved after or during interview? Any follow ups after?

Thank you - general insight will be appreciated alot. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, quistarrok said:

Hello - I have a naturalization interview coming up. I am a VAWA survivor. 

Questions:

1) What to expect during the interview: process, how much time will it take, what do I need to sign etc

2) Steps after the interview - will I be approved after or during interview? Any follow ups after?

Thank you - general insight will be appreciated alot. 

Don’t be nervous. You need to look through your application, make sure you remember how you answered all the questions. 

On 12/8/2023 at 3:51 PM, OldUser said:

Nobody knows ahead. You may be approved on the spot with same day oath ceremony. Or USCIS would need time to decide.

Thank you. It seems that I was approved and got a naturalization oath ceremony scheduled. Couple questions if you can advise:

1) Does the officer keep the appointment letter? - it appears he took it

2) They took my picture and did fingerprints right before the interview - is it normal? I previously received a letter that I did not need to have a separate appt for biometrics because those were still valid

The electronic letter for the naturalization oath ceremony says that I need to bring all my old EADs to the ceremony even if expired - is it really required or needed?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, quistarrok said:

2) They took my picture and did fingerprints right before the interview - is it normal? I previously received a letter that I did not need to have a separate appt for biometrics because those were still valid

Normal. It happened to me at AOS stage. Biometrics were taken before the interview despite I submitted them earlier in the process. I haven't filed gor N-400 but I'd imagine it would be the same.

1 hour ago, quistarrok said:

The electronic letter for the naturalization oath ceremony says that I need to bring all my old EADs to the ceremony even if expired - is it really required or needed?

Of course. ID documents such as passport, EAD, re-entry permit, Green Card is a US government property, not your property. If government asks you to return them, you should. It may not be taken at oath, but you should at least bring them.

22 hours ago, OldUser said:

Normal. It happened to me at AOS stage. Biometrics were taken before the interview despite I submitted them earlier in the process. I haven't filed gor N-400 but I'd imagine it would be the same.

Of course. ID documents such as passport, EAD, re-entry permit, Green Card is a US government property, not your property. If government asks you to return them, you should. It may not be taken at oath, but you should at least bring them.

Thank you. 

What are the necessary steps after getting naturalization certificate?

1) passport

2) update social security info

3) voting registration is voluntarily?

4) what else?

25 minutes ago, quistarrok said:

Thank you. 

What are the necessary steps after getting naturalization certificate?

1) passport

2) update social security info

3) voting registration is voluntarily?

4) what else?

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/new-us-citizens

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/13/2023 at 1:40 PM, quistarrok said:

Thank you. It seems that I was approved and got a naturalization oath ceremony scheduled. Couple questions if you can advise:

1) Does the officer keep the appointment letter? - it appears he took it

Thank you.

Which field office your interview took place and what question they asked you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.