nikaa24

visa changed from IR-2 to F11 visa

12 posts in this topic

My priority date is December 2016. (i was 17 at the time) i had my child when I was 23 and that's when i finally got word from the embassy that i have a petition of my parents filing for me. the thing is our lawyer who had the case died so we were blindsided. we didn't know exactly what to do. we added on my son on the afvident of support form not knowing this wasn't the correct way to add him on  (this was done in 2020 when covid hit so you know everything was backlogged) we became documentarily qualified in march 2023 and i got a message in september 2023 with an interview date for November. made my medical appointment for me and my son only to be told that he cant do the medical because i didnt have a ds 260 form for him. went on the interview with him just in case it was a mistake. unfortunately i was told that my visa staus would have to be changed if i wanted to have him added as an ir2 is a visa for unmarried children under the age of 21 WITHOUT children. so i was given the option to proceed without my child or to change the visa to F11 and add him on as my accompany which i decided to do. my question is how long will it take us to get through? I've sent across his documents to the on the ceac site already just waiting for them to confirm it. Also will i have to do over my medical again seeing as how ive already paid and done it? 

22 minutes ago, nikaa24 said:

i was given the option to proceed without my child or to change the visa to F11 and add him on as my accompany which i decided to do.

Check your case info on CEAC.  Was your category really changed to F11?  Was your priority date (PD) retained?  If not, what is your new PD?

3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Check your case info on CEAC.  Was your category really changed to F11?  Was your priority date (PD) retained?  If not, what is your new PD?

yes it was changed on the ceac website and i still have the 2016 priority date, im just hoping i dont have to wait for years again as everything ive done will expire (police record and medical)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Unless your country is Mexico or the Philippines, the F1 priority date is January of 2015.  F1 seems more advantageous for you as it allows for derivatives whereas the IR2 does not.

Good Luck!

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Bulletins/visabulletin_December2023.pdf

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, nikaa24 said:

yes it was changed on the ceac website and i still have the 2016 priority date, im just hoping i dont have to wait for years again as everything ive done will expire (police record and medical)

Unfortunately, it's very likely that you will have to wait years again to get your and your child's visa.  F11 cases are subject to the Visa Bulletin (VB), unlike IR2 for which VB dates are irrelevant.  As of December 2023, these are the Table A current dates for F1 category -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-december-2023.html

image.png.dd8c44e2528f6fdb1ba55b46267617a8.png

You and your child can only get visas if your PD is the same or earlier than the date for your country.  The VB is updated every month.  I suggest you monitor it monthly to get an indication of when the consulate would be able to resume processing your visa case.

12 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Unless your country is Mexico or the Philippines, the F1 priority date is January of 2015.  F1 seems more advantageous for you as it allows for derivatives whereas the IR2 does not.

Good Luck!

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Bulletins/visabulletin_December2023.pdf

are the F1 and F11 different visas?  

4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Unfortunately, it's very likely that you will have to wait years again to get your and your child's visa.  F11 cases are subject to the Visa Bulletin (VB), unlike IR2 for which VB dates are irrelevant.  As of December 2023, these are the Table A current dates for F1 category -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-december-2023.html

image.png.dd8c44e2528f6fdb1ba55b46267617a8.png

You and your child can only get visas if your PD is the same or earlier than the date for your country.  The VB is updated every month.  I suggest you monitor it monthly to get an indication of when the consulate would be able to resume processing your visa case.

we both have the same priority date. this is what i was afraid of. having to put my life on pause again, just praying for a miracle at this point. thank you for the advice and the info!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, nikaa24 said:

are the F1 and F11 different visas?  

Yes, it is the F1 category.  For you, you will be F11 as the primary beneficiary, and I believe your child will be F12.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, it is the F1 category.  For you, you will be F11 as the primary beneficiary, and I believe your child will be F12.

its only saying that my visa class in F11 and i am the primary applicant. my son is listed below me as Accompany. his documents have been submitted and are waiting approval. he's only 2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, nikaa24 said:

its only saying that my visa class in F11 and i am the primary applicant. my son is listed below me as Accompany. his documents have been submitted and are waiting approval. he's only 2.

What country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, nikaa24 said:

were in Jamaica 

Good, sort of.

The VB posted by @Chancy shows Jan 2015 as being current.

Unfortunately, the VB table is not 1:1 to real time.  The VB can progress month to month per calendar time, or each 3 or more months of real time progresses the VB by 1 month.

The shortest wait for you will be 2 years, but it could take longer.  I predict 3-4 years.

By the way, there is only 1 PD date - yours.  Your son is a derivative and falls under your converted I-130 petition.  As long as you submitted all documents, including your son's DS-260, it is just a waiting game.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.