Dante2019

Can my 6 year old renew his US passport abroad with me being present

9 posts in this topic

As long as you complete the paperwork authorizing issuance of passport and your wife brings it to the passport appointment your son can get his new passport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

On 12/8/2023 at 5:43 AM, milimelo said:

As long as you complete the paperwork authorizing issuance of passport and your wife brings it to the passport appointment your son can get his new passport. 

From my research, my wife brings the DS-3053 (also the normal applications to get the passport) to the US embassy in Seoul?

Since my wife and son is in South Korea and I'm the US, how do I get the DS-3053 notarized?

22 minutes ago, Dante2019 said:

From my research, my wife brings the DS-3053 (also the normal applications to get the passport) to the US embassy in Seoul?

Since my wife and son is in South Korea and I'm the US, how do I get the DS-3053 notarized?

You complete it in the US, notarize it (your bank should have a notary), and mail it off to your wife (Fedex, USPS, UPS, DHL). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 3:05 PM, milimelo said:

You complete it in the US, notarize it (your bank should have a notary), and mail it off to your wife (Fedex, USPS, UPS, DHL). 

@milimelo
I'm about to get my DS-3053 notarized. Since I don't have a physical bank in the US, is it possible to get it notarized in UPS? https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/notary-services

9 hours ago, Dante2019 said:

@milimelo
I'm about to get my DS-3053 notarized. Since I don't have a physical bank in the US, is it possible to get it notarized in UPS? https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/notary-services

Yes, I don't see why not. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:46 AM, milimelo said:

Yes, I don't see why not. 

@milimelo

While I was double checking, I read this in page 2 in the ds3053 "Please Print Legibly Using Black Ink Only. If you make an error, complete a new form. Do not correct." 

This is a silly question, but does that mean that I have to write everything down by hand written with Black Ink? 

8 hours ago, Dante2019 said:

@milimelo

While I was double checking, I read this in page 2 in the ds3053 "Please Print Legibly Using Black Ink Only. If you make an error, complete a new form. Do not correct." 

This is a silly question, but does that mean that I have to write everything down by hand written with Black Ink? 

No, you can also fill it on a computer and print the form out. Same for DS-11.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.